Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Imarreteet23
ARSP
Yarxov
NedroidPrime
demonofelru
Uparkaam
PlasticandRage
barrywilkins
skarekrow13
User
Argetlam350
Johannsny
Tolvo
DoughGuy
Blade of The Sun
ViralEnsign_
Quarik
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Sulfur
cloudyeki
bloodpixel
25 posters

Who do you think is the most noble character in the game?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Who do you think is the most noble character in the game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do you think is the most noble character in the game?

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 am

It's rather ironic to talk about nobility in a world like Lordran I think
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Who do you think is the most noble character in the game? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do you think is the most noble character in the game?

Post by ARSP Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Serious_Much wrote:It's rather ironic to talk about nobility in a world like Lordran I think

That is actually true +1 for you
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm

I think it's the perfect place for it actually. Nobility isn't good deeds in a world of rainbows and puppies, it's good deeds despite adversity. Lordran has plenty of the latter. One of my favorite sayings:

The difference between a brave person and a coward is the direction they step when they're afraid.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Ya... it is not hard to find a noble person. Although many do not look upon him so, more so seeing him as coward than potential hero.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Ah yeah, the Crestfallen warrior is another decent choice, though we just know too little of him.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:30 pm

... what?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Oh not him? Sorry the term coward just had me thinking you meant him, as he's a person who refuses to adventure any more and has given up. He's a personal favourite Humanoid character of mine, but I see you didn't actually mean him. My bad.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:35 pm

It starts with a G, and ends with hollow.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:37 pm

The Great Hollow obviously! How could I be so blind!

You mean a certain bearded man with a crown correct?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:37 pm

possibly, yes.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 pm

ARSP wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:
    ARSP wrote:Ingward he holds a lonely vigil protecting Lordran from the four kings. He fights ghost cures your curses for free and teaches you how to do it yourself. His two companions abandoned him yet protects us forever more. Seriously this thread says Noblest not favorite (all the other noble character have ulterior motives and I'll be happy to explain)

Please explain Oscar's ulterior motive to me. He, Gwyn and know Kirk are the 3 most noble chars.
    Oscar's Motive was to complete his family's prophecy he was likely planning to use you so he could accomplish his goal he just happened to die along the way so he passed his mission to you.
    As for Kirk he invades people for humanity which in it's self is considered evil. If he serves the darkwraiths then he does for humanity which is power in it's self. If he is a chaos servant then he probrably did it for power as well. If you give "our fair lady" enough humanity then you will gain more powerful pyromancies.
    Gwyn may have for a time been noble for a time but he is not anymore. He wants to continue the age of fire so that he can stay in power and gwyn has long since hollowed.

Did you see my previous post about Oscar?
    DoughGuy wrote:Oscar spends god knows how long adventuring in
    Lordran, dying over and over and over and over again attempting to
    complete his undead mission, whether to link or abandon) before finally
    admitting failure. Then, so his life isn't a complete waste he journeys
    all the way back to the asylum to free another undead so they can
    complete his quest and save the world. (Yes you do save the world since
    you destroy the source of demons, the undead army and Seath with his
    plans to conquer lordran). That is noble. Of course the white lady
    does come close, as does Gwyn and Kirk but no one beats him.

Sorry if I come off a bit strong but Oscar's my fave char.

Kirk is stealing humanity for the white lady but many people believe he is doing it for love not power.
    Just because Gwyn is not noble anymore does not mean he cannot be the most noble person. He may have wanted to continue the age of fire but only because he thought it was what was best for the world.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    ARSP wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:
    ARSP wrote:Ingward he holds a lonely vigil protecting Lordran from the four kings. He fights ghost cures your curses for free and teaches you how to do it yourself. His two companions abandoned him yet protects us forever more. Seriously this thread says Noblest not favorite (all the other noble character have ulterior motives and I'll be happy to explain)

Please explain Oscar's ulterior motive to me. He, Gwyn and know Kirk are the 3 most noble chars.
    Oscar's Motive was to complete his family's prophecy he was likely planning to use you so he could accomplish his goal he just happened to die along the way so he passed his mission to you.
    As for Kirk he invades people for humanity which in it's self is considered evil. If he serves the darkwraiths then he does for humanity which is power in it's self. If he is a chaos servant then he probrably did it for power as well. If you give "our fair lady" enough humanity then you will gain more powerful pyromancies.
    Gwyn may have for a time been noble for a time but he is not anymore. He wants to continue the age of fire so that he can stay in power and gwyn has long since hollowed.

Did you see my previous post about Oscar?
    DoughGuy wrote:Oscar spends god knows how long adventuring in
    Lordran, dying over and over and over and over again attempting to
    complete his undead mission, whether to link or abandon) before finally
    admitting failure. Then, so his life isn't a complete waste he journeys
    all the way back to the asylum to free another undead so they can
    complete his quest and save the world. (Yes you do save the world since
    you destroy the source of demons, the undead army and Seath with his
    plans to conquer lordran). That is noble. Of course the white lady
    does come close, as does Gwyn and Kirk but no one beats him.

Sorry if I come off a bit strong but Oscar's my fave char.

Kirk is stealing humanity for the white lady but many people believe he is doing it for love not power.
    Just because Gwyn is not noble anymore does not mean he cannot be the most noble person. He may have wanted to continue the age of fire but only because he thought it was what was best for the world.

No I didn't see your post because I was typing my response

There is no evidence to suggest that anyone other than maybe quelaag and eingyi loved the fair lady. Power made much more sense. Besides it is pretty hard to love a woman who is half spider.

Gwyn was afraid of the undead and he was afraid of losing power and control his motives for doing what he does are selfish. Nothing is noble about hurting others so you can perserve yourself he may have once been noble but he is overshadowed by other characters. Like our fair lady or Sealer Ingward

See my above post about Oscar it makes a little more sense than your hypothesis. PS releasing you so you can do his job is still manipulation.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 pm

ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 pm

You are one of the few people I know of who can write entire essays on a game's lore. You do have nice information man. It makes sense. And who were you arguing with generally people don't put this is my defence in their posts.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Gwyn. My defense is Gwyn.

I adore him for what he did, and pity him for the aftermath. I know that his intentions are noble, as I have found it against and again. The only thing degrading him is the darkwraiths. In truth? Dialogue form many is not always the truth. Just as the cleric and other beings within Lordran. It may not be a lie, but it is never always the whole truth.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 am

@ARSP The point about Gwyn is that, well, what Acidic said. When you look at it he may have sacrificed himself to continue the age of the gods but he did it full well knowing he would not be part of that age anymore. He knew he would not exist outside of the fire anymore. Therefore he gave up his existence to save the world. Remember that when he linked the bed of chaos was just born and demons were running rampart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:28 am