Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
FruitPunchNinja
Blade of The Sun
kiwi_commander
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
WyrmHero
Saturnine Knight
bloodpixel
Emergence
Rynn
Reaperfan
Wade_Wilson
his1n-
17 posters

NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO!

his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO! Empty NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO!

Post by his1n- Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Alright, everyone here knows about the upcoming PC-release happy.
    Everyone is happy about. The console DLC(s) still have to be announced, but that's not the main topic for now.
    Who is getting the PC version? Quite a few, I assume. Surely also more than enough players, including me, who bought the console version too. Even if only for the sake of finally enjoying Blighttown for real.
    So everything is set! We are all ready for the big release in August! All of us will swim in never ending happin--nn--nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.................... WHAT THE GODDOMMOD F***

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1222763p1.html
    Alright, this we knew... but who knew this?
    The game will utilize Games for Windows Live for its online modes.

I REPEAT:
    NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO! Zwischenablage02

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD---
    Alright, stupid juvenile jokes aside:
    GfWL is the most useless, slowest, most buggy, most worthless, most annoying, worst, non-atheistic, laggy, most compatibility-issues featuring, most **** designed, most EMBARRASSING THING of a software world has ever thrown into our faces.
    EVERYONE who disagrees on even one of these facts can go and die in a fire, don't even DARE to post.

If there is ANYTHING worth to make a petition about, then to NOT let Dark Souls be infected by this DISEASE. Before I simply open one and pray to god that anyone signs, I want to see that the DS community has a brain. That it agrees with me. That it DOES want to play Dark Souls on the PC without slapping itself every 9 seconds for the fact that THIS gorgeous game comes across with this... virus. This... no invented word of our chronic can describe the idiocy GfWL wields... no... word.

GfWL is, for me, the worst case-scenario... we must stop that as long as they are still in the middle of their compatibility-development.... does anyone stand with me? Does anyone want to ENJOY Dark Souls on his PC he paid his soul for?
    Who... does?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO! Empty Re: NO, FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE NO!

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:22 pm

"Everyone who disagrees with me can go die in a fire"

Dude, I think you need a large dose of man the f*ck up. Do you want me to call a wahmbulance? ITS A GAME, DON'T GET YOUR JIMMIES SO RUSTLED UP, and learn to love and tolerate other people's decisions.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:24 pm

his1n- wrote:we must stop that as long as they are still in the middle of their compatibility-development....

Chances are they are loooooooong done with any actual development, and are just finishing up the final touches now before it gets released. To completely recode the online portions of the game for another system would likely cause massive delays. I've (thankfully) never used GfWL, but I have heard some bad stories about it and would not object to the ever-popular suggestion of bringing the port to Steam instead (though they would have to work through Valve for that I think). Either way, it sounds like we're getting at least 30%-40% more game content for the single player, so I'm going to be satisfied either way since I'm still getting alot more new Dark Souls to play happy

EDIT: Lol, double dose of Fluttershy up in this thread big grin

Last edited by Reaperfan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:"Everyone who disagrees with me can go die in a fire"

Dude, I think you need a large dose of man the f*ck up. Do you want me to call a wahmbulance? ITS A GAME, DON'T GET YOUR JIMMIES SO RUSTLED UP, and learn to love and tolerate other people's decisions.

EDIT: You dared me to post, you mad OP?
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 pm

I will keep that in mind, thanks for writing something I absolutely didn't expect.

Now man's posts about Microsoft having too much money, From Software too less pride and people who like GfWL too much amaurotic ignorance. Please.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Chances are they are loooooooong done with any actual development, and
    are just finishing up the final touches now before it gets released. To
    completely recode the online portions of the game for another system
    would likely cause massive delays. I've (thankfully) never used GfWL,
    but I have heard some bad stories about it and would not object to the
    ever-popular suggestion of bringing the port to Steam instead (though
    they would have to work through Valve for that I think). Either way, it
    sounds like we're getting at least 30%-40% more game content for the
    single player, so I'm going to be satisfied either way since I'm still
    getting alot more new Dark Souls to play happy

I am fully aware of that, yet we don't know anything. This is what I say, if there is a tiny chance to remove GfWL from our sight, everyone should consider it being worth the time/try.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 pm

his1n- wrote:I am fully aware of that, yet we don't know anything. This is what I say, if there is a tiny chance to remove GfWL from our sight, everyone should consider it being worth the time/try.

The most realistic situation I'm imagining, even if a petition really gets going and kicks off enough to get a reaction, is that the initial release for GfWL will still happen, but development on other systems will continue and a few months after its initial PC release we get a Steam version or something. And to be honest, the chances of online petitions changing anything are beyond incredibly slim anyway :|
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:43 pm

And to be honest, the chances of online petitions changing anything are beyond incredibly slim anyway :|

If the number is below some thousands, absolutely.

Thanks for taking me serious, by the way.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:46 pm

his1n- wrote:
    And to be honest, the chances of online petitions changing anything are beyond incredibly slim anyway :|

Its hard to take people seriously when they tell others to go die in fires and to not post on a public forum. Learn2forum.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Its hard to take people seriously when they tell others to go die in fires and to not post on a public forum.

It's hard to take people seriously when they are not knowing anything about sarcasm. Stop your childishness now.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    his1n- wrote:we must stop that as long as they are still in the middle of their compatibility-development....

Chances are they are loooooooong done with any actual development, and are just finishing up the final touches now before it gets released. To completely recode the online portions of the game for another system would likely cause massive delays. I've (thankfully) never used GfWL, but I have heard some bad stories about it and would not object to the ever-popular suggestion of bringing the port to Steam instead (though they would have to work through Valve for that I think). Either way, it sounds like we're getting at least 30%-40% more game content for the single player, so I'm going to be satisfied either way since I'm still getting alot more new Dark Souls to play happy

EDIT: Lol, double dose of Fluttershy up in this thread big grin
    Triple dose.
    I'm sure it'll be fine, wherever they post it at.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm

his1n- wrote:

I did take you and your idea seriously, I even agreed with it :|
    I just offered my thoughts on how I predicted the situation happening, and how it differed from your predicted situation.

If you really are the type of person to give up faith in humanity because some faceless avatar on the internet has a slightly differing view, then I do question the wisdom of continuing this conversation, though I will out of hope to provide some evidence behind one of my points, and that is the general ineffectiveness of internet-based petitions.

Of course you need more than a few thousand signatures. With maybe a couple hundred thousand signatures the petition will get noticed, and maybe with millions you'll get considered, but only with something ridiculous like tens of millions will you get an actual response, and even then there are no guarantees the response will be what you want it to be. The only two big online movements I can think of that have made some actual change to their original subjects in question were Operation Rainfall and the opposition to SOPA/PIPA. Operation Rainfall got as far as a response from Nintendo basically saying "your petition has been acknowledged, but we aren't going to do anything about it," and despite the nearly globally unanimous opposition to SOPA/PIPA, the bills were simply shelved for the time being and weren't completely scrapped. Despite having a larger fanbase than Demon's Souls did, Dark Souls still has a relatively small community, and will likely not have the numbers to make any real impact on the developmental descisions being made by the companies here.

EDIT: Alot of ninja'd posts here while I was typing this. Let's all try to cool down a bit before the mods have to step in and this thread gets locked :|
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Folks, let's try and keep the harsh rhetoric under control. There are going to be a lot of opposing viewpoints coming out now. However, it is best for the health of the community that we don't make combative or baiting statements. Please remember that sarcasm is not easy to convey in a forum setting.

Last edited by Emergence on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm

If you really are the type of person to give up faith in humanity
    because some faceless avatar on the internet has a slightly differing
    view, then I do question the wisdom of continuing this conversation,
    though I will out of hope to provide some evidence behind one of my
    points, and that is the general ineffectiveness of internet-based
    petitions.

I never said I'd give up because of such a thing, indeed, I don't care enough to sarcastically tell everyone who has an obverse point of view to keep it for himself - that's what I also did.

The amount of players of Dark Souls is obese, we just are seperated into tiny communities, mainly into japanese - not japanese. Aside your, and mine, problem with the numbers needed to achieve anything, I'm pretty sure From Software will also not do anything as long as their fellow japanese players won't say anything evil about their plans.

Unlike the impossibility of a noname finishing off my plan by simply disagreeing with my opinion, it's obvious already now that too many people are too opportunistic to do anything about GfWL. I spread my word and only a minimum even considered the topic worth an answer. Understandable? Yes. Sad? Yes.

In the end you were partly right about the fact that in the end we get surely a good port, it will run on our PCs, we will play online, we will enjoy new content, we will be playing Dark Souls even more intense than we do already.
    But mark my words; the first time you see GfWL performing ANY OPERATION, Dark Souls lagging at a level PS3 Blighttown never provided and you instantly dying a death which is nowhere fun, nowhere acceptable, nowhere Dark Soul'ish... just mere ******** because somewhere behind the creatures of Lordran is it waiting, GfWL, to make your character stumble, slip, phasewalk and suicide. Over and over, and over, and over.
    And when you see GfWL the 100th time DESTROYING your FUN by simply causing Dark Souls to run like you have a 1988 PC with Windows 2.1 installed on it... you will start thinking about it. About why THE *** is your lovely game infected by this nonsense. About who the *** decided upon this crap.
    And then you will realize, using your console, you can infinitely play Dark Souls - using your PC, you can't.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Everyone, please settle down. All we need is some tea and cookies, and to think about ways to sense sarcasm and exaggeration over the internet.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey guys, calm down. There's no reason we can't discuss this like the adults I assume we all are.

My input is that yes, GfWL is a piece of crap; and I haven't even used it before. Every thing I've ever heard about it is negative, so of course I'm going to be disappointed if that is what this is for. But what's done is done and I definitely can't change it, so you know what I'm going do do?

Go play more Dark Souls on the 360. I don't need a computer.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 am

Here you go, almost 10,000 signatures.

https://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-and-from-software-release-dark-souls-pc-edition-without-games-for-windows-live
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 am

First, I don't play games on PC as a rule, apart from low demand stuff like 'Machinarium' because my PC's a laptop. On the other hand my husband's PC is a pretty high end rig and he's currently playing 'Fallout 3' again on GfWL and has had no problems with it at all but of course he isn't playing online. I assume then that this furore is about online play.

What I want to know is why people are getting so upset about it? You will have gathered by now that I am not very PC literate, although my husband is, so please explain what all the fuss is about in terms that I can understand instead of just venting.

I'd like to point out that I will not be playing the PC version. My main concern is that consoles will get the updated version through DLC.

Last edited by SlakeMoth on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 am

WyrmHero wrote:Here you go, almost 10,000 signatures.

https://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-and-from-software-release-dark-souls-pc-edition-without-games-for-windows-live

I calmed down and want to live on this planet for longer.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 am

I made a list of reasons I'm not getting it for PC, now I have to add this to it....GfWL, the bane of my existence. I remember the first time I ran into it, the second and third. There was no fourth as I never again got a game that used it...Oh the pain...You poor PC users. sad
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 am

I was going to write a post about PC users being babies and complaining about GFWL, but I sat back and calmed down a bit.

I don't see what is the big deal with GFWL, of course it might be a crappy service but it's not the end of the world like many PC users make it out to be. Instead, PC users should be thankful that they get to experience Dark Souls on their own systems. Other companies wouldn't have even looked at porting their game despite it's following.

So just be thankful that you get a company like NamcoBandai/From that listens to their users.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

I will repeat it for the last time, we don't make GfWL look like the end of the world, it IS THE END OF THE WORLD. Whole games, communities, hobbies... died because of it, and this isn't even a joke.
    Only someone who experienced it can lay down a witness of the worst thing in existance, that is the truth.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 pm

his1n- wrote:I will repeat it for the last time, we don't make GfWL look like the end of the world, it IS THE END OF THE WORLD. Whole games, communities, hobbies... died because of it, and this isn't even a joke.
    Only someone who experienced it can lay down a witness of the worst thing in existance, that is the truth.

(looks outside and notices that the world is infact still here)

Yeah, I doubt its the end of the world. Anyway, PC gamers make me laugh. They ask for a port of Dark Souls and when they get it they're like, "Hurr durr this is unacceptable!"

When did y'all become a bunch of elitists anyway?
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Since Fatal1ty showed us the way?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Bioshock 2 was the last straw for GfWL for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:56 pm