Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
PlasticandRage
Yukon
FruitPunchNinja
johnnyjwa
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
Saturnine Knight
Emergence
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Reaperfan
berkut
TheNudgeMan
ChizFreak
Rin
Artorias
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
marth
callipygias
dirkdeadeye
RANT
bloodpixel
CrackSouls
DxV04
Wade_Wilson
Sunbro4evar
30 posters

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... Empty Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm

So, I was reading the IGN article about DkS for Pc and came across this.

"From the beginning FromSoftware has stated that Dark Souls won't have DLC. An excerpt from an IGN article states,

"After seeing a fairly extensive play-through of a portion of the game, a representative from Namco informed us that there was some confusion during a previous demo of Dark Souls concerning DLC, and that he wanted to clear the air.

According to him, Dark Souls is set to be a stand-alone, static package once it's released in early October of this year. This means that Namco and Dark Souls' developer From Software have no plans to release DLC of any kind."

In order for the PC version to be worthwhile to those who have/have not purchased it on other platforms, they need to add something to it to make it seem worthwhile."

Scary, right? There is a big possibility that there will be no DLC for consoles. If there is not I'm going to frustrated as I'm sure most of you fans who bought DkS and have stayed faithful from the beginning. :pale:

Best to just keep our fingers crossed! bounce
    EDIT: also if they do release it I'm seriously hoping it is going to be as a patch but will still but it otherwise! big grin
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Its makes no sense from a business standpoint to not release DLC. All they will achieve is alientating nearly every souls fan out there and convince them from buying the next game, thus causing Namco to lose money.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... Empty Re: Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users...

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Sunbro4evar wrote:

In order for the PC version to be worthwhile to those who have/have not purchased it on other platforms, they need to add something to it to make it seem worthwhile."

This part is just IGNs idea of reasoning and justifying no DLC for consoles right? This is not the developer talking because the author referred to "they" as in the developer. So I discard that comment as pure here say/ gossip.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:07 pm

The Facebook page video on the "wall that has fallen" makes it seem like IF it was released to PS3, you'd have to buy a whole new disc. Not just a DLC. Am I pissed? Your damn *** right I'm pissed. I never thought this company would let me down...
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Its makes no sense from a business standpoint to not release DLC. All they will achieve is alientating nearly every souls fan out there and convince them from buying the next game, thus causing Namco to lose money.
    Ya good point. Now that I think about it they most likely will release it as DLC. This just made me nervous so I had to post it. lol silly
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 pm

CrackSouls wrote:The Facebook page video on the "wall that has fallen" makes it seem like IF it was released to PS3, you'd have to buy a whole new disc. Not just a DLC. Am I pissed? Your damn *** right I'm pissed. I never thought this company would let me down...
    I'm confident that FROM wont let us down. But there is still that doubt in the back of head 🇳🇴
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 pm

If they honestly don't release a new DLC, i'm not going to buy another one of their games...
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:16 pm

bloodpixel wrote:If they honestly don't release a new DLC, i'm not going to buy another one of their games...
    We just have to praise the sun and wait and see...

P.S if they do release it and we have to pay I will be DEEPLY upset!
    Praise the Sun Praise the Sun Praise the Sun
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Not that it really matters, I'm going to Korea over summer so I can't really play it (if it comes to consoles...)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm

don't worry guys, im sure namco will not miss the opportunity to cash in on the dlc money.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Sunbro4evar wrote:
    bloodpixel wrote:If they honestly don't release a new DLC, i'm not going to buy another one of their games...

Why wouldn't we have to pay?
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Well at least it's not locked disc content.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Sunbro4evar wrote:

Why wouldn't we have to pay?
    Just my twisted reasoning, and hoping that some FROM or Namco employee is reading the forums and might realize that they should have it be free twisted

Last edited by Sunbro4evar on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : messed up grammar. FUUUUUUU!!!!)
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 pm

I don't really believe that has ever happened.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Sunbro4evar wrote:So, I was reading the IGN article

IGN..the tabloid of gaming news, the site who posts rumors and speculation as sources to churn articles.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:25 pm

dirkdeadeye wrote:

IGN..the tabloid of gaming news, the site who posts rumors and speculation as sources to churn articles.
    Ya agreed. Sometimes I feel like there name should be IGNorant with the biased stuff they post. So you can't really trust them to often....
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Lets be honest, no company would be stupid enough to keep this content exclusive. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing a move like that.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 pm

True, true.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Sunbro4evar wrote:
    dirkdeadeye wrote:

Ya agreed. Sometimes I feel like there name should be IGNorant with the biased stuff they post. So you can't really trust them to often....

You also have to take into consideration they might be silent about console DLC, to move PC sales. I'm not saying it's right, but it's a marketing tactic. There may be demon souls fans out there playing on console that would jump on the PC release to get the new content on their native platform.

I'm probably gonna be one of them, the loss in framerate is kind of annoying. And I have a very nice PC.

Last edited by dirkdeadeye on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Even if I only got 100 hours of entertainment from Dark Souls, let alone 1,000, I'd have absolutely no problem buying an entirely new disc for dlc.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Ya I think all my doubt about them not releasing it on console is fully destroyed. Now lets hope the price isn't to high or I most surely won't be getting it as my parents already don't like this game sad . You know with all the demon mention and stuff...
    marth

Post by marth Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:33 pm

I DID make a petition for this, while I think it's a bit early still nice to show them that we do want this. http://chn.ge/HBmz84
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm

but you're killing demons.... never understood why some parents don't permit such things... then again i have a cousin who wasnt allowed to use ghost or psychic pokemon in the games because of his heavily christian parents, yet my mom is fine with video games and my dad is better at them than me... people confuse me.

oh well japan and the u.s are capitalist so its likely that dlc will come to console for profits sake. if it somehow doesn't there'll probably be a hacked downloadable version ripped from the pc version after a few weeks.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... Empty Why from..why?

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

If this DLC doesn't become available for consoles, it would be a true betrayal to the people that made the PC port financially possible. I couldn't see the logic in giving exclusive content to a platform where the majority of users pirate their games.Not sure about dlc coming to DkS console users... 53510810
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:but you're killing demons....
    Exactly!!! Someone tell my parents this! The thing that kills me is that there contemplating wether I should return it to the local gamestop :evil:

edit: Derailing my own topic lol Shrug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 pm