Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
befowler
skarekrow13
callipygias
Rynoa
SlakeMoth
Yarxov
Tolvo
OmniBot
DoughGuy
TheTruth
14 posters

Statues of Lordran (and more)

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Statues of Lordran (and more) - Page 2 Empty Re: Statues of Lordran (and more)

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm

I'll keep my lips sealed about the controversy that arose last time I heard that statue's weapon being called a Dragonslayer spear but yeah, it should count. It's definitely an important statue. If you are good with binoculars and/or bow you can find the head in the grass and see the face.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I'll keep my lips sealed about the controversy that arose last time I heard that statue's weapon being called a Dragonslayer spear but yeah, it should count.
    Really? The hand's even holding it by the guard, the way Ornstein does. Looks identical to me, though obviously not to scale. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, this is the internet. Any minute someone's gonna call me a 'noob,' aren't they?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Lol.....You're not a n00b. It's intended to look almost identical. I guess I'll rehash the important points. It's the same weapon design with the exception of the blade (both have blades by the way) and the guard immediately attached to the blade. The DSS has a narrower blade than the one at the statue. The statue one's guard is also larger and curved and looks like Gwyn's Sword's guard. The DSS has a few more ornamental additions as well.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Is the catacombs statue the one behind the tomb where you find the darkmoon seance ring? That statue and the fact it looks nearly identical to the one in the parish always struck me as very meaningful for reasons I can't really explain.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeah, the sunlight one looks pretty much the same too. Firelink one looks way different.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Bad Skare, remember what happened last time you talked about that spear! It ended in tears. If someone could get good quality pictures of each piece of the statue Im sure someone here is tech savvy ebough to recreate the statue from them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

I have pictures of the statue in my photobucket...It's just hard to tell what is actually a picture and what is a coffee stain...None of it is coffee. sad
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:15 pm

I tried visualizing it together. The left arm still baffled me a little. I believe it's supposed to be a standard pose but that hand looks like its resting on something but I can't find another piece that would support that.......

Epiphany? Maybe its holding a hand out to offer a blessing or comfort
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I tried visualizing it together. The left arm still baffled me a little. I believe it's supposed to be a standard pose but that hand looks like its resting on something but I can't find another piece that would support that.......

Epiphany? Maybe its holding a hand out to offer a pizza roll or Burrito.

Fixed.

You know, there is that carving in the church of a shepard holding a staff in one hand, and his other holding a circular object towards the maiden.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh yeah. The dude who hangs out with lions and dragons.

Lions and dragons and man. Oh my.

I could have resisted that. I didn't want to
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I always figured this man was Gwyn and his followers.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm

ill work on gettin pictures of the Sunlight Altar Statue as a whole as well as in peices for people to puzzle together. the shepard carving with Dragons and Lions? im not sure if ive seen this 1, which church is it exactly? i also forgot the Statue in Undead Perish in the big church where u get the Fire Keepers Soul, cant belive i forgot that 1...Nice Pics Tolvo, i liked that you had all the Paintings. i should have the pics posted sometime later today.

P.S. Thanks for the Rep!!Statues of Lordran (and more) - Page 2 3207319737
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:42 pm

You know where the firekeeper soul is, and that reah prays at after you save her? The carving is there, at that altar.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Also the carvings on the the walls arounmd where the fire keeper soul is in the parish. Pretty sure thats the lions and dragons. Even if its no we still need those.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 pm

i feel like those tablets were some kind of doors, reminds me of the white lion beast in the artbook.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I was actually thinking more so Ornstein.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 pm

there's a goat-like beast, a lion and a man. all i can think of is a chimaera. also, its weird to see differing maiden statues then find a similar ones in catacombs and sunlight altar.

edit: tablets looks like the door entering the kiln.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:39 am

Just Finished uploading some more photos of the Statues, NPCs and other things. 40+ more pictures. I also have a page of some great photos taken by Acidic_Cook, all of his photos can also be seen on his Visitor Page. Thanks Acidic!!!!!

Acidic_Cook Lore:

https://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t464/SuitonSaiRyuda/Acidic_Cook%20Lore/

Statues of Lordran:

https://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t464/SuitonSaiRyuda/Statues%20of%20Lordran/

Dark Souls Forever:

https://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t464/SuitonSaiRyuda/Dark%20Souls%20Forever/

Now i must sleep for work is in 6hours, until next time friends. Statues of Lordran (and more) - Page 2 1361424789
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 am

GREAT photos of the sunlight altar statue. Reminds me of the greeks. Im seeing greeks everywheer today.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:45 pm

yea i hear ya DoughGuy, i visualized how it would look all togeather and its pretty tall. i thought it was cool that hes holding the top of the spear in his right hand well Ornstein hold the top of the spear in his left.

P.S. Thanks for the Rep! Statues of Lordran (and more) - Page 2 3207319737
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Hmm interesting. The statue with the mother holding a young child appears to come up quite a lot.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

there are markings on the floor in the pinwheel boss area, a tablet partially covered by books, and human pattern in the roof (lid). you can see these markings clearer inside the area where the large divine ember is located. so far thats what i've found in catacombs and ToG. oh, also played with prism stones in ToG, there are some location thats being mark although, i think is a fatal drop. i also noticed that the architecture in ToG are coffin inspired.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Got some of thoeee in my OPhotobuck, Cook got some too.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm

oh...
    ill get out of ToG and venture izalith.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Got thode too, been busay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:17 pm