Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Sebastrd
neon__noodle
Tolvo
skarekrow13
FinPeku
9 posters

Great online experience

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Great online experience Empty Great online experience

Post by FinPeku Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:28 am

A funny thing happened to me while helping a player with Firesage demon.

At first I just thought about farming some souls, since Firesage usually goes down pretty quickly. But it turned out that the host was probably not that experienced with it and died multiple times to it's first jump attack. I was a little frustrated but decided to help him through it no matter how many times it would take.

I sent him some messages about how to dodge the first jump attack, or how to block it etc. and I even dropped him some humanity to summon me again. At this point helping him defeat that fat *** demon had become more of a personal challenge to me than soul farming.

Well he was obviously grateful since he dropped me a white titanite slab, and after that, a firekeeper soul big grin
    Good things do come back to you, I guess. And sometimes unnecessary stubborness can come in handy.

And yeah, when we won, it was a complete humiliation for the demon. We barely lost any health.

If you have any similar experiences, do share them happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Great online experience Empty Re: Great online experience

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 am

The closest I ever came to that was helping kill Gwyn at the Kiln. I was at a good soul level for this and had a lot of success but mostly it's: "Get summoned. Kill knights. Kill Gwyn. Hurray." This is still really cool mind you.

One guy summoned me and another phantom. He made sure to bow to each of us. Gave us a minute to get set and off we went. He bowed before we went in the gate and then he took some flaming sword to the neck a few times and.....we all went our separate ways. Same guy summons me and a different phantom later. Same thing but this time he drops one each of all the Black Knight weapons before we head in for me. I already had about thirty of each but that was a cool gesture. Gwyn lost bad that time.

On a tangent from these trips with other players....when I run waaaaay ahead after the second knight and draw a bow.....hitting the knight on the narrow walkway:
    What part of that means that I think all three of us should rush the knight on the walkway and try to form a circle around him? Gravity is not our friend in this game. Let the enemy come to us.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

Very nice work, kind of reminds me of the time I helped a guy through the Painted world. From his standpoint I was a total badass, Dark Wraith in the world hiding down by the bonewheels, we need the level to get through. So I point down telling him to wait up by the ladder, and descend. From up there he could hear explosions, clashing of metal, skeletons breaking apart, then suddenly the door opened. He made a B-Line for it and got to the fog gate just as he got the message saying I died. He then told me he was really greatful, and that he managed to kill Prisc and get her dagger.

What actually happened? I ran down there spamming circle dodging chaos fire and bonewheels looking like a chicken with its head cut off until I manage to pull the lever, I then continued to flail about before finally a all of the bonewheels hit me killing me.

But to him, I was a badass. 8)
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:38 am

Tolvo, that is an amazing story. It's all in the perspective I guess.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Stories like that are why I love jolly co-op. Awesome.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:22 pm

I've gotten some pretty good thank you PMs, and added quite a few friends to my list. That is the awesomest thing; that is the main reason I have a overpowered glass cannon dedicated coop build.

My favorite conquest is doing the 4 Kings on NG++++ at SL 60. I had 15 health and 13 stamina (glass cannon mage). It took a few times, because we were all OHK. We ended up beating them like this: us two phantoms (same two every time) would be attacking (if the host died, that was it, but if one of us died, there was still a chance). He stayed back and healed us, and spammed Channeler's Trident. All 3 of us were left standing, 4 kings were dead.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:37 pm

like reim i was sl40 trying to farm boss souls to get up to 120 and someone summoned me into ng++ 4kings fight. it took about ten trys but it was just two of us not a third summon and we were pure melee so it was pretty difficult. he thanked me and added me to psn. that doesnt sound that cool now that i read over it :roll: oh well it was fun.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 pm

It sounds cool to me - I know what you went through. Part of me wishes it was only 2 of us. The third summon wasn't very strong.

So, yeah, SL 40 - NG++++ = Awesome!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 pm

I had one funny experience the day before yesterday.

I was testing my glass cannon build and invading in new londo ruins. I really didn't pay attention who I was invading - I just tried different equipment and techniques. Then suddenly I received a message saying something like "why being such a loser?" or something like that. I laughed but tried to remain polite and asked what was it all about. It was the first actual hatemail I have ever received so I was curious big grin

It turned out that I had invaded the same guy and his friend phantom a couple of times and he was frustrated since they were trying to beat ng++ four kings and I was constantly sabotaging their efforts. I kinda felt bad for them because four kings can be frustrating enough even without invaders. Well I sent them a message saying I'll help them and dropped my summon sign.

We tried two or three times but it was hard because I was repeatedly summoned by someone else so they decided to give it a rest and try nito for a change. He later sent me a friend request and apologized "for being such a jerk before".

This maybe doesn't sound that great experience to you but for me it was one of the most memorable in a while happy
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 pm

This is more of a bad experience than a good one, but I will tell you anyway. I was farming souls by helping people beat Smough and Ornstein over and over again. Most of the time, I got there, and we totally destroyed the bosses, no matter what NG+ it was on. But then there was a guy who was a complete jerk. He summoned me in the bonfire room like normal and we continued to fight through until we were at the boss door. he then summoned someone else who was waiting for him to go through the door. I almost sent him a message telling him to get on with it but then he moved. But before he went in he sent that phantom home and went to summon Solaire. I was thinking "ok.... why did he do that?" Well we finally went into the boss and him and Solaire went to fight Smough, or as I thought distract him, and I took Ornstein on by myself. A few well-placed magic spells and he was down. After the cutscene, he sent my phantom home. I was like " what the heck?:evil: " I sent him a message asking why he did that, and he said I shouldn't have killed Ornstein first. I said "you never sent me a message telling me this so how is it my fault?" He said that I should have figured it out by watching where he was going. I was like "whatever" and sent him a few "nasty" messages..... but yeah..... thats what happened.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Once invaded and killed someone.

It was pretty fun at the time. . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 am