Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Halicarnassis
strangejoy
RANT
Serious_Much
C7081
jjshowal
10 posters

Favorite armor for pure dex. build?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Favorite armor for pure dex. build? Empty Favorite armor for pure dex. build?

Post by jjshowal Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 am

Hello all, I'm SL 71 and have decided to go for a more pure dex build to better suit my Iaito +15, I also want to get my strength up to 34 for the greatshield of artorias. I was just wandering what your favorite armor is for a dex build that is light enough to keep equip. <25%. I am currently running with the gold hemmed wardrobe and it is working pretty decently but you can't upgrade it. Do you suggest upgrading the crimson armor, or is there some badass set/combination that I haven't even heard of. I know that there is no such thing as 'best' in dark souls/demon's souls but I would just like to hear your thoughts. Thanks everyone!
    C7081
    C7081
    Casual
    Casual

Favorite armor for pure dex. build? Empty Re: Favorite armor for pure dex. build?

Post by C7081 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am

Well your choice of armor is dependent on your endurance and if you are willing to use any ring to boost your speed, or if you don`t mind slow rolling.
    Rings would be: havels, RoFaP and DWGR.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Favorite armor for pure dex. build? Empty Re: Favorite armor for pure dex. build?

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 am

I always armour my builds regardless of build, I'm just like that, continuity with armour helps in my opinion.

generally a combo of ELite knight chest and Black Iron leggings, with varying helms/hats and gauntlets is my order of the day, I just change to match equip weight to allow for my weapons/shield
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 am

if youre getting your str to 34 then its not a pure dex build and frankly i dont think its worth it just to use artoria's shield, just go with eagle shield. dex builds have more options in terms of armor becasue their weapons are light so you can pretty much wear whatever you like.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 am

I agree with Rant. Moreover, if you're spending over 20 levels on strength without a weapon that scales with strength, you're doing something horribly wrong. No shield is worth 20 levels. Hell, no shield is worth 10 levels... 5 levels... 2 levels. Try some armor with a little poise (black knight, thorns, black iron, etc.), use DWGR, and two hand your Iato for the next 20 fights (or alternate between two handing your Iato and using your pyro glove offhand). I guarantee you'll find that you're fighting better and you'll be glad that you didn't waste a single SL or weight unit on a shield. You'll also look better.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 pm

I guess I used the term 'pure' loosely, I meant that dex is my emphasis. Good call with the eagle shield though, I didn't know the GS of Artorias wasn't that much better.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm

if youre a dex build you should never have more than 16 str, i made one that only had 14 cause i wanted to use the laito but i got bored by the time i got to sens's fortress, i guess dex builds are not for me, my str/fai dude only has 10 dex which i regret, its only one level that kinda fucked up my build, should've left it at 9 but whatever, i can always do it again and perfect my build.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 pm

I've a level 15 dex build and have her in the eastern chest plate and the rest thiefs armour, RoF&P and she works pretty well. Target shield or parrying dagger. I don't believe in needing a big shield for a dex build!
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 pm

My favorite medium armor is the thorns set and Ornsteins.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 pm

RantFromRant wrote:if youre getting your str to 34 then its not a pure dex build
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 pm

What I find works best for agile builds, honestly... is Havel's. Uncontested best poise/ weight ration (believe me, I checked all the armor pieces to verify!), and I always say Poise > Def.

As a Dex build you're suppsed to dodge all attacks. But you'll get hit once in a while--it happens! If you have armor with great defense on but little poise, you'll get stun-locked, and stand helpless as your opponents get consecutive free hits on you. On the other hand, if you have poise, you'll take a little more damage from that first hit, but you won't get stun-locked so you'll roll away having only taken that one hit.

So I strongly recommend: DWGR, Havel's Gauntlets & Leggings. That's 56 poise for 23 equip weight! If you throw the Wolf Ring in there, you have 96 poise, at 23 equip weight.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Oh, also: if you have any weight to spare for a chest-piece, put the Knight's Armor on (not Elite Knight. In my opinion the regular Knight set is one of the best in the game, since it has one of the best poise/ weight ratio). It's the lightest thing with 20 poise, so you'll get your poise up to the all-important 76 poise, and you'll free up your ring slot that had the Wolf Ring in there.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 pm

BLA1NE wrote:

So I strongly recommend: DWGR, Havel's Gauntlets & Leggings. That's 56 poise for 23 equip weight! .

This is what I use on my Dex character and its a great set up for the agile. I use + 5 black night chest to get the 76 when req'd tho.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 am