Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Anyone good a movie maker?

Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Anyone good a movie maker? Empty Anyone good a movie maker?

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Got a problem with Windows movie maker, I put in a song that is for example 1 minute, then Moviemaker will shorten it down to 47 seconds instead, why? How do I fix this?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Anyone good a movie maker? Empty Re: Anyone good a movie maker?

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:54 pm

How long is the video along side it?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Movie maker is a terrible program. Google adobe premiere open source. I'm sure you'll find something better. I'm actually currently trying to find some open source video editing software that will work with AVI files. If you find anything that does that let me know. Or if anyone knows of anything that does that please do the same. I have all these video files that are AVI that I want to combine into one long video but literally nothing works with AVI's. Even just a good file converting program would do the trick actually.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:00 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Movie maker is a terrible program. Google adobe premiere open source. I'm sure you'll find something better. I'm actually currently trying to find some open source video editing software that will work with AVI files. If you find anything that does that let me know. Or if anyone knows of anything that does that please do the same. I have all these video files that are AVI that I want to combine into one long video but literally nothing works with AVI's. Even just a good file converting program would do the trick actually.

LOL! Moviemaker takes AVI happy

Tolvo, the movie itself is between 55 and 60 seconds.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 pm

I bet CNET has what you need. With windows it should have blank video if your audio is too long. At least that's what happens to me. Windows is good for stop motion
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Maybe I have an older version of Movie Maker than you? I don't know. When I try to import I get an error message that says "Windows Movie Maker could not import file. Incorrect file format"
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Maybe I have an older version of Movie Maker than you? I don't know. When I try to import I get an error message that says "Windows Movie Maker could not import file. Incorrect file format"

I have 2.6
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Probably your video being short than the audio is the issue. You can dowload a way around that, but what I always did was make a still image and just place that at the end, or increased the length of the video and fade it to black, or create a still based off of the last part of the video, extend it however, and set it to fade to black.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Tolvo wrote:Probably your video being short than the audio is the issue. You can dowload a way around that, but what I always did was make a still image and just place that at the end, or increased the length of the video and fade it to black, or create a still based off of the last part of the video, extend it however, and set it to fade to black.

I add an image to the video, its almost 2 minutes. the one minute song will still get shortened to 40 seconds sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not sure then. I haven't used that program in over a year, and I don't want to download it onto this computer.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 pm

strange thing is that I have the whole song on cumputer, but when I put in on storyboard of moviemaker it's shorted sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:14 pm

If the video doesn't need to be exactly synched with the sound you could slow down the frames per second by like a fraction of a second and see if it fits better. If you do it by a really miniscule amount it shouldn't be all that noticeable in your video.

Yeah I have 6.0. I don't know what the problem is then. Movie Maker sucks. It's really a shame that adobe products are so expensive. And that I'm too lazy to really look for a good open source program.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Not sure what version I have but I'm running an old computer with xp so nothing great. It's a cumbersome program to be sure. What file format is the song? Does it do it with just one or any song? Don't recall if windows has it or not but sine programs will have maximum size limitations too that can be changed. Movie can only be so big or each added file etc. Also is it one video clip and one audio track or a buncha files? The program can be unstable with a lot of files
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:26 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Not sure what version I have but I'm running an old computer with xp so nothing great. It's a cumbersome program to be sure. What file format is the song? Does it do it with just one or any song? Don't recall if windows has it or not but sine programs will have maximum size limitations too that can be changed. Movie can only be so big or each added file etc. Also is it one video clip and one audio track or a buncha files? The program can be unstable with a lot of files

it has done it with 2 songs of 2.
    I made a video before, Thor in Dark sous, wich worked fine, with small clips made to one video. this is less clips so far, but still, it does this thing with the songs.

songs is MP3 files.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Well then......it's just decided to not play fair it seems. I was hoping you'd tell me some wacky file format because then there'd be options but if it's messing up MP3s that's not good. I've lost projects before at the whims of that program. When it works it does the job well but that "when" is hardly consistent. If you're not familiar with CNET I would look for new software there first. You can just type in download.com and head there. The software types are fairly logically organized. You can filter for OS and freeware too with pretty good user and expert reviews for most. I've found a lot of useful programs that way.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Well then......it's just decided to not play fair it seems. I was hoping you'd tell me some wacky file format because then there'd be options but if it's messing up MP3s that's not good. I've lost projects before at the whims of that program. When it works it does the job well but that "when" is hardly consistent. If you're not familiar with CNET I would look for new software there first. You can just type in download.com and head there. The software types are fairly logically organized. You can filter for OS and freeware too with pretty good user and expert reviews for most. I've found a lot of useful programs that way.

well, I just decided to use a trial of Sony vegas 11, however, I'm used to moviemaker and know exactly how it works, when it works as it should sad
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm

It might be worth a removal and reinstall to see if it starts behaving.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:34 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Movie maker is a terrible program. Google adobe premiere open source. I'm sure you'll find something better. I'm actually currently trying to find some open source video editing software that will work with AVI files. If you find anything that does that let me know. Or if anyone knows of anything that does that please do the same. I have all these video files that are AVI that I want to combine into one long video but literally nothing works with AVI's. Even just a good file converting program would do the trick actually.

Final Cut does avis, though I guess you might not be on a Mac. Still, if you are, since X came out I'm sure it isn't that hard to find like FC7 or whatever the last one was before that. Plus, the outdated version is infinitely better than FCX.

Otherwise, I'm preeeetttty sure Sony Vegas does avis. I haven't used it for a solid...7 years? But I know that was my go-to back in the day (because it was my free-to), and I always was working in avis.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am