Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Darkmoon or Darkwraith?

Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Darkmoon or Darkwraith? Empty Darkmoon or Darkwraith?

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi all, Im in need of advice. Well I made my first PVP build who happens to be a Str/Fth build. Now i know Darkmoons give you a really good FTH buff but my build won't be using buffs so often. I my SL is 84 and i wont be able to join the DW till NG+ but i have been told that they get much more souls from killing another player. I really can't decide who to join and I'm not to sure about the different benefits of each. Any Advice is appreciated.

P.S. I usually join the Darkmoons for PVP (check sig) but i wanna try something a little different.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Darkmoon or Darkwraith? Empty Re: Darkmoon or Darkwraith?

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Well if you already have a Darkmoon I think you should try out Darkwraiths, there is little difference between the two, I once got 800,000 souls invading a guilty individual as a moon. So I don't think the soul handout is affected by which covenant. They are fundamentally the same.

Darkmoons - souls and ears(no use) You get to be blue. Invade within a wider soul range above or below you. Possibly ignore level when invading dark anor. Invasions are often more difficult because you face famers and people who gained sin by PVPing.

Darkwraiths - souls and humanity, You get to be red. Invade only people within your summoning range. Still challenging but I find I invade many people who are just trying to progress or are not specialized in PVP, battles are more frequently against newish players.

What I think you should do? Join Darkmoons until you get to NG+ then leave and join Darkwraiths, buy 99 red cracked stones, put them in your bottomless box, buy 99 more and go join darkmoons again. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 pm

the one problem with DW is you can become guilty and be hunted by DMBs
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Yukon wrote:
    What I think you should do? Join Darkmoons until you get to NG+ then leave and join Darkwraiths, buy 99 red cracked stones, put them in your bottomless box, buy 99 more and go join darkmoons again. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
    This situation is what i call A WIN! On topic Thanks for advice! I am going to try this out.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm

It depends on who you want to invade.

Darkmoon invade Downwards, so you'll get people in your level range and lower, but you can only invade the guilty. People have a poor view of the Darkmoons, so you might meet people treating you a bit poorly. You also get the buff as mentioned.

Dark Wraith Invade upwards, so you're level and up, but you can invade anyone. Dark Wraiths have a better view outside of the burg, which you shouldn't be in unless you are a high SL doing common PvP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:08 pm