Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Need Advice

Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Need Advice Empty Need Advice

Post by Sebastrd Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm currently SL70 on NG, and I need some advice about a couple of things.

1) I've got well over 200k souls banked at the moment. I'm afraid if I spend them to level, I'll put myself well out of range to find co-op players for the rest of the game. On the other hand, I don't want to head to New Londo Ruins with that many souls. What should I spend them on? I was thinking arrows for the Dragonslayer Bow for NG+ or titanite for upgrades. I've already bought all the gear and spells available.

2) Which Greatsword of Artorias should I make? I know the stat requirements will probably mean I have to wait for NG+ for the true version to be useful. But will I want to use the cursed version for New Londo?

3) I've been avoiding Frampt since I picked up the Lordvessel in case I want to join the Darkwraith covenant. At the very least I want the covenant gear, especially the dark hand for the achievement. But if joining the Darkwraith means Frampt is gone for good, I might as well wait until NG+ for that stuff. I have a ton of green titanite I need broken down. Is there a way to do both now that I have the Lordvessel?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Need Advice Empty Re: Need Advice

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 pm

1. Trust me, youll be fine. I was on sl 85 in ng and i was still getting coop. level up.
    2.make the regular. From what i've read the normal one is better.
    3.definatly wait till ng+. There are darkwraith enemies in new londo (you'll see what i mean) who occasionally drop the dark hand. Its also more important to upgrade all your stuff now, so you will be ready for ng+
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 pm

to note on the greatsword, the holy one scales better and does physical and magical damage ontop of 140 holy (40% motr damage to dark creatures.) the cursed scales worse, but has high physical attack and is cursed so it is one of 3 weapons that can damage ghosts without cursing yourself.

rest of what he said is good advice. enjoy dark souls happy
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 pm

1. Upgrades! In Dark Souls, upgrading equipment is more effective than leveling up. The only time leveling up is more important than upgrading, is when you need the levels to meet a weapon's equipping stats requirements. So whatever you're using now, get everything you need to upgrade it as much as possible (see the Giant Blacksmith for most ores).

2. Don't worry about a cursed weapon for New Londo. You get plenty of Transient Curses, so you can use whatever weapon you want down there. Go for the true version--it's also got divine damage, which means it can come in handy in the Catacombs.

3. Go Darkwraith. For one, it's tons of fun! But also, don't feed your titanites to Frampt. Keep them for upgrades.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am