Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Reincarnation and identity

steal_yer_bike

Reincarnation and identity Empty Reincarnation and identity

Post by steal_yer_bike Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Do you know what the similarities are between armor types by their color, design and overall appearance? By default, armor sets are
    organized in such a way as to indicate deeper meaning beyond their similarities in appearance. Xanthous armor has a lot of similar detail to lautrecs. I’ve tried to make some correlations below.

Darkwraith armor > Kirk armor > Lautrec armor > Paladin Armor >
    Xanthous.

Could the armor sets represent the different times another chosen undead has be reincarnated after linking the flame? Is lautrec a more virtuous
    incarnation of kirk after realizing his love for fina? Love could inspire
    positive changes in someone’s conscience, or a greater sense of humanity. The paladin armor is named after leeroy from WoW who did not behave as valiantly as expected, being a paladin and all. If these armors could be a timeline of one’s reincarnation, then leeroy represents lautrecs good intentions, but ultimately his inability to do good. He is going crazy. (stone armor and havels come after paladin, but i could only think lautrec became reclusive embracing the forest
    in his stone armor, then returns to his loyalty for the flame and fights
    alongside gwyn as havel.) Finally xanthous armor, king jeremiah, the exile from origins unknown. There are so many similarities between lautrecs armor, and xanthous armor... i cant help but think king jeremiah IS lautrec, reincarnated multiple times.

Kirk’s body is found near a fire keeper, lautrecs body is found near a fire keeper, jeremiah’s body is found near priscilla. I believe it is all the same person.

The crestfallen warrior at firelink shrine tells you that you’re crazy to think that you are going to succeed, that you will get anywhere. You would have been better off to rot in the asylum. Does he mean after linking the flame? You end up right where you started.

Are multiple incarnations of the same person encountered throughout the game?

Last edited by steal_yer_bike on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : half assed proofing)
    steal_yer_bike

Reincarnation and identity Empty Re: Reincarnation and identity

Post by steal_yer_bike Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 am

Did this not make sense?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

It makes sense and since it's From you could be right. Anything is possible. A lot of those guys show signs of different goals and intents however, so the simplest answer is they're probably not the same guy based on in-game evidence.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 pm

I sometimes wear the Xanthous coat with the embraced set, they match very well, but I don't think Lautrec and Jeremiah are the same person. Lautrec drops the FAP ring, and you can trade the Xanthous crown to Snuggly for another, so I guess they share the faith/love for the goddess Fina.
    yaz1014
    yaz1014

Post by yaz1014 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:59 pm

I think this is a very viable theory, but I think it makes better sense to say that Lautrec, Kirk and Jerimiah are the same person (Leroy and the others don't fit as well). Firstly, as you mentioned, the armors look similar (Kirk and Lautrec have a similar shape and the Xanthous set bears resemblance to the favor set around the shoulders), the Xanthous crown can be traded for a FaP ring, also the three lads' corpses can be found by ladies of importance (Gwynevere, Pricila, Quelaag's sister). If these 3 characters are reincarnates of the same person, then I can only say that Jerimiah came after Kirk, I say this because Kirk was a Chaos servant (confirmed in an interview) and from that faction you get access to Chaos Pyromancy, which is what Jeremiah uses, also Jeremiah's whip is covered in, you guessed it, thorns winking
    Another fun fact is that both Kirk and Lautrec can be encountered in the Depths, I see that as a connection. Where Lautrec fits in the chronology is a little bit difficult, one possibility could be that he came after Jeremiah, because: The description for the Favor set says "During his solitude, he forsook everything, for he believed in the goddess's love for him.", which is interesting because King Jeremiah was an exile, and so Lautrec's solitude could be refering to his time as an exile (as Jeremiah), this could be supported by the relation between the xanthous crown and the FaP ring.
    That's all I've got for now, I'm convinced that these three are related.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 pm