Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
djgq42
Doelker
6 posters

Finished my build. Please Advice.

Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Finished my build. Please Advice. Empty Finished my build. Please Advice.

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 am

Hi guys.
    Yesterday I finally finished to build my character and this are the main stats:
    SL 120
    Vit 45
    Att 20
    End 20
    Str 20
    Dex 16
    Int 20
    Fth 50

Weapons:
    LH 1 Grass Crest Shield +14
    LH 2 DM Talisman
    RH 1 Divine Bastard Sword +10
    RH 2 Claymore +14 or Lightning Uchi +5

Miracles: WoG, Great Healing, DMB

Rings: RFaP, DWGR

So... Any advice about the build or weapons I could use to improve my toon are wellcome. Actually I believe thatIcould go with less Int and Att and could have increased the end.
    I would love to receive any feedback about my set up and and weapons suggestions.

Thank you all. Proper Bow

djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Finished my build. Please Advice. Empty Re: Finished my build. Please Advice.

Post by djgq42 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:13 am

it seems as though your stats are spread kind of thin. why 20 int and strength when you don't use magic or weapons that scale with str? also, you end is pretty low, especially for pvp.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

I think the END you have is gonna hinder you. PvP has a LOT of dodging, just coming from the nature of how serious getting hit even once can be. Having less END means you cannot dodge as much, and even if you go to attack after dodging a few times you may not have enough stamina.

I actually have this problem on a toon with 30 END and Ring of favour equipped.

I reckon a bit more focus on the combat stats of your weapons (dex/str) to use the buff. Also in PvP, having an occult +5 weapon especially with 50 faith means you'll get more damage output with your faith scaling weapons.

20 att for only 3 spells too? you have 5 slots there, unless you're stacking WoG to use against gankers.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:18 am

djgq42 wrote:it seems as though your stats are spread kind of thin. why 20 int and strength when you don't use magic or weapons that scale with str? also, you end is pretty low, especially for pvp.
    Yes ... I thought so... I went for the 20 strength because it was the minimum stat for using the claymore one handed and increased the int in order to try the velka's talisman.
    But I do agree with you about the End. I think I got it wrong there.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:25 am

@ serious... Well, yes because most of the time when I started to PvP, I saw that 9 out of 10 times I was 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1. So I thought that having some extra WoG would help me to escape from being gangbanged...
    It's true about the END and I use the grass and the grass crest shield to buff the end regeneration but still I do believe I could have improved that stat.
    I am definately try an occult weapon... Maybe use the flamberge so I could use the bleeding and occult damage.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 am

isnt the STR requirement for Bastard/Claymore only 16 for one handed? and 10 dex. those points should have went to END including those from INT.

truthfully, that is by no means an optimal build.

my suggestion, go beyond 120. and reinforce that important stats on that toon.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 am

PPG-3- wrote:isnt the STR requirement for Bastard/Claymore only 16 for one handed? and 10 dex. those points should have went to END including those from INT.

Do you think that if I go to SL 130 and increase the END 10 more points could be a good idea? Also, wouldn't that put me out of the SL range?
    This is actually my first build that is not based on strength and I did it because I wanted to try something different.
    By the way, I appreciate your feedback.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am

By the way... I do get to win some matches though... The divine weapon with the faith scaling does have a good damage output, specially against red phantoms (DW).
    But yes... I still loose a lot though
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:41 am

Doelker wrote:
    PPG-3- wrote:isnt the STR requirement for Bastard/Claymore only 16 for one handed? and 10 dex. those points should have went to END including those from INT.

Do you think that if I go to SL 130 and increase the END 10 more points could be a good idea? Also, wouldn't that put me out of the SL range?
    This is actually my first build that is not based on strength and I did it because I wanted to try something different.
    By the way, I appreciate your feedback.

Out of SL range for what? There is PvP at almost every level, especially if you host.

Since it seems like you've already allocated the points I'd suggest taking this toon to SL200 for some high level PvP. Then I'd get END to 40, Att to 23, Dex to 40-45, and int to 44, and probably still have some levels left to take Str a bit higher as well as Vit.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 am

@Ace ... Looking at my actual stats... What do you think would have been the best allocation for the points.
    PGG 3 said that the claymore minimum st stat is 16. To be honest I don't remember right now and when I saw 20 Perhaps I was looking at the wrong weapon at the moment...
    Sigh... About the Int, I'm starting to think that trying the velka's talisman was a wrong idea and made increase my Int. Afterwards said to myself, why not increaee it a little more to use some basic spells?
    Guess was bad idea too.
    Just so you know... I started the toon as a deprived.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Doelker wrote:@Ace ... Looking at my actual stats... What do you think would have been the best allocation for the points.
    PGG 3 said that the claymore minimum st stat is 16. To be honest I don't remember right now and when I saw 20 Perhaps I was looking at the wrong weapon at the moment...
    Sigh... About the Int, I'm starting to think that trying the velka's talisman was a wrong idea and made increase my Int. Afterwards said to myself, why not increaee it a little more to use some basic spells?
    Guess was bad idea too.
    Just so you know... I started the toon as a deprived.

If this is a faith build I would have...

kept Int at base
    Str to 16 to wield both claymore and uchi
    Att to 19, next spell slot isn't til 23
    Vit to 40
    End to 30

Seriously though, everyone should have at least one SL200 toon, so I would dedicate this one to it. I haven't made a SL200 yet, but it's definitely a plan in the next year (250 hrs in and I'm still on my second character).

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:10 pm

not enough end to be using a gs, int? no useful spells for actual duels unless youre hosting and trying to surprise your invaders. if your main is a claymore then 10 dex and 16str wouldve sufficed, 14 att is more than enough. you can always optimise it though, im sure that wont be your last build.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:33 pm

@ Ace... Thanks... I think I will follow your suggestion and perhaps starting a new SL 120 character.
    Perhaps this time I will go for an INT toon and later come here and know what I did wrong this time... lol!
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Listen to Ace, but don't abandon this character. Take him to SL 200 and on.

VIT 50

END 40

ATT: 27

STR: 40 - 50

DEX: 40 - 45

INT: 40

FTH: 50

The game is still fun past 120. Still lots of online. And you can experience any and all types of weapons and spells.

Plus the PVP becomes a little more....tactical in my opinion. well tactical is not the right word. but its different.

Trust me. Keep going NG+++++
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Oh. And make an Occult weapon. Most scale better then divine weapons and usually out-damage them. Check the wiki for more info on how the scaling is affected between divine and occult.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

FWIW, I will probably be taking my pure int build to SL200 eventually since I like the idea of an Int/Fth build better for a pure caster type, so don't worry too much about character creation mistakes. You'll learn through building different characters what will work best for you.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Thank guys. I'll go for the SL 200 and maybe I will finally be able to try the great sword of Artorias. I will keep working on this toon and follow yor suggestions.
    Thank you guys... I learned a lot.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:46 pm

aceluby wrote:FWIW, I will probably be taking my pure int build to SL200 eventually since I like the idea of an Int/Fth build better for a pure caster type, so don't worry too much about character creation mistakes. You'll learn through building different characters what will work best for you.

i'd like to know the stats on your character
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:06 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:FWIW, I will probably be taking my pure int build to SL200 eventually since I like the idea of an Int/Fth build better for a pure caster type, so don't worry too much about character creation mistakes. You'll learn through building different characters what will work best for you.

i'd like to know the stats on your character

Sure, here ya go:

http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=U29yY2VyZXIsMTIwLDQwLDIzLDM0LDE2LDIwLDgsNTAsOA==

If I were to change it now I'd go w/ 44 for Int, dex to 10, and put those points in End and Vit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm