Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Biakobi
Eliteknight
Serious_Much
Whknight
BLA1NE
ErrJon6661
Scudman_Slayer
Carphil
aceluby
Zakkia
14 posters

120+? Yes? No?

Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

120+? Yes? No? - Page 3 Empty Re: 120+? Yes? No?

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:@eliteknight

no thats not it he is braziliam like me so we both suffer from the lag and most of the times the only way to win is to take advantage of it...for as painful as it is to admit

when there is no lag you can hit the guy you have to have so nice tricks up your sleeve to do so

but on my case i cannot fight any match without lag getting in the way so really most of the times i've hit someone with a spell i think it was because of the lag

So a mage build with lag is going to kill you in one hit in pvp at 120, a mage with no lag is either putty in my hands or one boss freeaiming mofo.

I just tend to calk up a lag death as...due to lag and just try again. I can see how things would be frustrating if you are lagging like that all the time.

We are both correct, under specific conditions.

Last edited by Eliteknight on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 pm

*nods* yes we did

and we are sorry for that
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Well, i decided to move on. Scudman whats the usual pvp range for 120+?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:04 pm

yeah this was nice thread talking about positives of higher level PvP...

Zak, LEVEL THAT DUDE UP, would be refreshing i reckon.

you'll experience defeat at the hands of Scud at some point then i bet silly
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Serious_Much wrote:woop.

did we just derail thread for a discussion about Mages at SL120? :/

I feel like deciding this is relevant to the topic. The OP needs to know when and under what conditions mages are OP or not, so he can make a choice about leveling or not. silly

Like I said, do both dude!!!

I'm trying to pick on of my characters to keep leveling right now.

Last edited by Eliteknight on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Eliteknight wrote:

no thats not it he is braziliam like me so we both suffer from the lag and most of the times the only way to win is to take advantage of it...for as painful as it is to admit

when there is no lag you can hit the guy you have to have so nice tricks up your sleeve to do so

but on my case i cannot fight any match without lag getting in the way so really most of the times i've hit someone with a spell i think it was because of the lag

So a mage build with lag is going to kill you in one hit in pvp at 120, a mage with no lag is either putty in my hands or one boss freeaiming mofo.

I just tend to calk up a lag death as...due to lag and just try again. I can see how things would be frustrating if you are lagging like that all the time.

its not really that bad really but the lag is still there and it still screws me over most of the time

you haven't seen when i play with japanese people omg they just teleport and slide around and im getting hit from a mile away

yeah i suffer a lot
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Eliteknight wrote:

its not really that bad really but the lag is still there and it still screws me over most of the time

you haven't seen when i play with japanese people omg they just teleport and slide around and im getting hit from a mile away

yeah i suffer a lot

curse you internet making me double post :evil:

Last edited by Scudman_Slayer on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:06 pm

and got ninja'd by the OP rendering my reply pointless, LOL

do wanna know usual levels for it, is it around SL200 or something similar?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:08 pm

@zakkia

as long as you keep around 180-250 you're good pretty much
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Much started to like brazilians after I came up to this forum big grin

You say any mage is underpowered at 120 because anyone can dodge spells? Well I don't lock-on, try to roll anywhere and you will get one shot by my white dragon breath, I just cast it and the lag does the rest.

I am fairly confidant I can say that mages are underpowered. My toolbox is better than their toolbox. AOE silence, anti magic shell, a hard hitting fast casting aoe spell that deflects projectiles and spells.

My roommate plays a mage, I've seen how much damage white dragon breath does at 50 intellect. I've played against mages, if there isn't a lot of lag it isn't hitting me. If I lose to another player due to a one hit kill lag shot, I probably would have lost to anyone else with lag that bad.

So basically, to one shot me and be so OP on your mage you need enough lag to render the other player useless anyway? Would you say that is close?

I'm saying that when you are casting vow of silence, I can one shot one. If you try to dodge, you still be hit because of lag. Its not my fault, I never made the lag happens, but it does works. So if you have a better toolbox than mages, we have lag to compesate. No build is better than other, its all about skills, and some luck
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:

yeah i suffer a lot

.(Yoi gēmu) it means good game in Japanese. Fun fact.

Unless I spelled that wrong >_>

I'm saying that when you are casting vow of silence, I can one shot one.
    If you try to dodge, you still be hit because of lag. Its not my fault,
    I never made the lag happens, but it does works. So if you have a
    better toolbox than mages, we have lag to compesate. No build is better
    than other, its all about skills, and some luck

All I'm getting at is that a mage build needs lag to be there before its unfair. The lag is there when you fight, its not your fault I agree. But the lag is a necessary factor, this is true correct?

Skilled mages do win with no lag, I have said that a few times now. Skill is the end all of any pvp discussion. But if we are both equally skilled players, my toolbox is still better. You can still play better and beat me, but assuming all else is equal a mage build is still short a couple of sticks. Not much, but its there.

I mean if 2 builds are equal expect for one gets 10 more points of AR the one with 10 extra points is at a small advantage. Its not much, barely noticeable. Skill is still way more important than any theory crafting I can do. But objectively mages have worse toys, all I'm saying.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Lol, well. how about we say. Skill wins big grin
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Zakkia wrote:Lol, well. how about we say. Skill wins big grin

Correct!

But if the above is true, under equal conditions, the mage is still not overpowered. silly
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 pm

i agree. mage not overpowered.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 pm

No
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 am

I made the jump to sl 128 and ive had good results.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:56 am

If you really wanna chill in the Fight Club, save your best builds for that, I'd say. Still, I've been working on a circa SL200 build, and have even had trouble planning it out - there is definitely still a balancing act in terms of stats.

It also prevents cheap, quick kills, WoTG spammers, and generally dishonorable players from getting you before you can react. I think a higher level isn't such a bad idea, honestly.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:13 am

I'm keeping my faith build (best atm) for te wars and fightclub. I made my mage 140 atm due to he fact he rapes bosses at NG++ so hoping to get gs of artorias due to the fact I saw it one time due 9k dmg. Should be fun experimenting later on.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 am

most fights dont rely on skill, its usually the better equipped, higher damaging ect.

if they wear full giants, and buff a +15 weapon (a strong/fast one), and you are not wearing full giants, you will lose. because they can stand still, mash R1 and win.

only time itd ever take skill is if you fight someone identical to you.

other than that, the only skill in most pvp is solely equipment choice.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Mages overpowered? No. Most shots miss and HCSM is nearly useless as an invader. Plus you have 4-8 shots of your best spells which are easily dodgeable.

Mages need lag to win? Again, no. Mages need to pick their spots well and constantly change tactics. A mage that only uses spells is one dimensional and will get wiped by almost every other build. A mage that changes between a few spells and is decent w/ melee is a formidable foe. Lag will help any build and isn't specific to mages.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 pm

aceluby wrote:Mages overpowered? No. Most shots miss and HCSM is nearly useless as an invader. Plus you have 4-8 shots of your best spells which are easily dodgeable.

Mages need lag to win? Again, no. Mages need to pick their spots well and constantly change tactics. A mage that only uses spells is one dimensional and will get wiped by almost every other build. A mage that changes between a few spells and is decent w/ melee is a formidable foe. Lag will help any build and isn't specific to mages.

its not that mages need lag to win its like an addition (well for me due to me being braziliam)

the thing is that the lag helps you to win as a mage due to the delay making spells hit your opponent when it doesn't even touch them

you read the previous posts right?

for as much as i hate having to rely on lag to win sometimes i can't help it its not my fault the lag is there
    other times i try to actually hit the spells on the guy legitmetly

other times i trap him on an area where he cannot dodge or roll (i.e a bridge or a very tight hallway)

i just hate the fact of me being hit by a spell that never even came near me and i hate the fact that it happens to my opponents when im being a mage ( i got a lot of hatemail due to that)

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Mages overpowered? No. Most shots miss and HCSM is nearly useless as an invader. Plus you have 4-8 shots of your best spells which are easily dodgeable.

its not that mages need lag to win its like an addition (well for me due to me being braziliam)

the thing is that the lag helps you to win as a mage due to the delay making spells hit your opponent when it doesn't even touch them

you read the previous posts right?

for as much as i hate having to rely on lag to win sometimes i can't help it its not my fault the lag is there
    other times i try to actually hit the spells on the guy legitmetly

other times i trap him on an area where he cannot dodge or roll (i.e a bridge or a very tight hallway)

i just hate the fact of me being hit by a spell that never even came near me and i hate the fact that it happens to my opponents when im being a mage ( i got a lot of hatemail due to that)

That's like that for every build. I've been stunlocked/bs to death due to lag countless times and have seen 3 mages total in well over 250 matches (just fought my 3rd over the weekend). I have died about 10x more often w/ other builds using lag to their advantage than mages.

Yes, I read the entire thread.

I never 'rely' on lag to win and wouldn't know how to do so, I just look for opportunities to strike, like most other builds I'd imagine. As far as getting your opponent into a tight area, that's just strategy.

I've also never received hatemail from my mage, only one time this weekend when I apparently invaded w/out the host knowing and then the host seeing me as invisible the entire fight, but never due to lag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am