Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Ironliftr3
Remoryu
DanielCdable
CrackSouls
Railage
HavocDrive2600
Toastfacekillah
Carphil
PPG-3-
Tolvo
Maneater_Mildred
befowler
ARSP
aceluby
Serious_Much
callipygias
20 posters

Class Acts in PVP

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Class Acts in PVP Empty Class Acts in PVP

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Thought it might be a nice change of pace to discuss some class acts we've (hopefully) met in DkS pvp .

So a couple weeks ago I went human in the forest for the first time. I got steady invasions, including a couple 1v2 situations. I was doing pretty well. Then, when I'm fighting a guy I get another "being invaded" message. Chirusawninja, or something. Took me a long time to beat the first guy, and Chi never showed up. I found him standing on top of the stairs, apparently waiting for my current fight to end.

We bowed and fought. Sort of. I now know what people mean by "elite." I thought I was doing pretty well, if nothing else just by lasting so long, but then I realized that he wasn't even trying. He was practically untouchable. I decided to be more offensive, I at least wanted to make it interesting for him. I charged. I died.

He invaded again within a couple minutes. We fought. I tried my hardest and I beat him........ because he VERY obviously wanted me to beat him.

He invaded a minute later and messaged me, "Is anyone else invading you?" I answered, "Not anymore. Thanks for letting me beat you last time, btw." He replied kindly, dropped me the Firelink Shrine Firekeeper's soul and suicided.

Classy fella. I want to challenge him again when I feel I'm good enough, but I'm not sure I can get to his level.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Class Acts in PVP Empty Re: Class Acts in PVP

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Classy guy I invaded, got hit by me enough times to kill him three times over, but sadly the guy decided Estusing was the way to go, eventually i gave up and let him kill me.

He's now my idol.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Classy guy I invaded, got hit by me enough times to kill him three times over, but sadly the guy decided Estusing was the way to go, eventually i gave up and let him kill me.

He's now my idol.

Fought a guy like that in the forest last night. He literally used all of his estus (I did heal once using a humanity), and every time he did I went and backstabbed him. He'd then flippy flippy all over the place to heal then I'd backstab him again. Did this for like 5 min after killing his sunbro. He also used up all of his magic before I eventually killed him.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:42 pm

The greatest class act I've ever had was in Anor Londo I got invaded before we fought he whipped out allowed me to kill the Silver Knights and royal guards and open the door before we fought. He dropped a twin humanities before we fought i picked it up then we fought bowing and everything He killed me (but I put up one hell of a fight) and he messaged me saying "nice job". And I just smiled and killed the next three invaders in anor londo holding that smile
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:51 pm

My first playthrough, I was still trying to get through the Parish in starter knight gear. Went human at the sunlight altar looking for help, and instead got invaded almost immediately. The guy moseys over the bridge and bows. I bow back, we start and I'm dead in maybe 5 seconds. Not sure I even got a swing off. He sends me a PM something to the effect of "Keep practicing, I can tell you're new. And thanks for bowing, usually only Japanese players do that." I wrote him back, "Actually, Japanese players usually just run up and backstab me" as that had been my experience so far. He sends me a lol and I figure that's the end of it.

An hour later, I'm still beating my head on the parish, and go human again at the same bonfire. I get another invasion message and recognize the name -- oh ****. This time, he runs up, takes a look at me -- still in the same gear, still stuck in the same spot -- and starts backing up leaving a trail of goodies. He dropped me the full paladin set, ivory talisman, astora straight sword, dragon crest shield, and 20 humanity, and all this prior to the bb glitch so it was the real deal. I'm sort of flabbergasted and start putting it on while he black crystals out. The best part was that this was the gear I was wearing when I got my first PvP victory -- in the Parish, against a japanese player that tried to BS me. I sent him a note of thanks about it all later.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:00 pm

That's awesome^.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Got invaded by a DW while fighting a DM. The DW waited for the fight to be over and let me heal, we bowed and started fighting. Got him to half health when another DM invaded, right away he turned and ran away as the DM came at me. While me and the DM had our fight i could see him off to the side doing this Hurrah after i won we healed, bowed and went back at it. This time he had me down to half health when another DM invaded. Right away he turned and attacked the DM letting me back off to safety. I stood there Hurrah like he did. After he won we healed, bowed and went back at it... This time it ended in a dbl ko.

Never in all my time have i played against a random with so much honor and was the most fun 15 mins ever.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Earlier today when I was trying to connect with Yesuurd before finally an invasion got us together, I kept invading a gravelord. She was a japanese player and was waiting in the Sen's arena. I saw her fighting some DW and was just waiting for her to kill him and watched with my Nocs. She killed him as he was BS fishing by using a a Shotel to break his shield. She healed up and I ran up to her, she dodged back as I did and I pointed on the ground. She saw the items and picked up my eyes of death, we both jumped for joy and bowed. She dropped me some humanity and I bowed to her before finally we started to duel. It was close, but a great fight which she won. I fought her three times in a row before getting to Yesuurd and here's what I thought was interesting. She was not going for BS, and didn't want to stun lock. If she caught me in a stun lock she's just stop it and back up. She accidentally BS'ed me once as we were rolling around and she backed up and dropped a humanity for me to heal with and bowed. I told her to pick it back up with a point and went back to the duel. We talked what little we could after each fight, she spoke a bit of english and I knew no japanese. It was pretty great, I hope to run into her again. It was like an FC duel, which I loved.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm

When invading, if I run into someone who fights honorably i'll message them afterwards, win or lose, and offer my assistance to beat the level. met lots of nice people that way. I always direct them to this forum if they aren't already aware of it.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Classy guy I invaded, got hit by me enough times to kill him three times over, but sadly the guy decided Estusing was the way to go, eventually i gave up and let him kill me.

He's now my idol.

Thanks! big grin
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

PPG-3- wrote:When invading, if I run into someone who fights honorably i'll message them afterwards, win or lose, and offer my assistance to beat the level. met lots of nice people that way. I always direct them to this forum if they aren't already aware of it.
    Prostration Proper Bow Prostration
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:53 pm

I've met quite a few honorable players who are happy to wait if you're already involved in a duel. One guy springs to mind- I summoned him with a red stone in the PW towwe and we were duelling when I'm invaded by a DM. The DM tried to sneak in a BS me but this guy just laid into him and killed him, netting me about 45K of souls. I dropped him some humanity, and we got back into it. Another red then invades (I'd been hammering the dried finger before) and he indicates he wants to fight him so I retreat up the steps and watch the battle. He wins, I get around another 45K and drop him some more humanity. He heals and we fight and I win. Funniest thing was that he was soooooo close to killing me at the first invasion (I had about 250 hp left) and could easily have let the DM kill me. Good bloke!
    HavocDrive2600
    HavocDrive2600

Post by HavocDrive2600 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:55 am

I have 2 characters at SL20, one a Sunbro, one a Darkwraith. I usually hang around in the large co-op area just past the Sunlight Altar. I've completed NG+++ on both characters, saving up all the various souls/humanity and gear during those runs to hand out.

If I see a player that has obviously soldiered on into NG+ or has the Drake Sword/Grass Crest Shield and Elite set (not a new player) I'll bow and engage them.

If I can tell it is a new player I spend probably five minutes convincing them I'm not going to kill them silly then drop a trail of goodies (Soul of Hero/Humanity/+9 Fire Weapons etc) and teleport out.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 am

HavocDrive2600 wrote:I have 2 characters at SL20, one a Sunbro, one a Darkwraith. I usually hang around in the large co-op area just past the Sunlight Altar. I've completed NG+++ on both characters, saving up all the various souls/humanity and gear during those runs to hand out.

If I see a player that has obviously soldiered on into NG+ or has the Drake Sword/Grass Crest Shield and Elite set (not a new player) I'll bow and engage them.

If I can tell it is a new player I spend probably five minutes convincing them I'm not going to kill them silly then drop a trail of goodies (Soul of Hero/Humanity/+9 Fire Weapons etc) and teleport out.

I try to do that as well, except I drop Indictments and a Humanity, then I kill them.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 am

I am lucky to have met a lot of classy people (almost always Japanese), so I won't give a specific story.
    I do like to send messages however, which was hard for those japs. But recently I've started to send smiles and faces tot hem and they send back. Recently I've gotten (^_^) from quite a few Japanese players when I send them a :-D or :-P
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:13 am

Got invaded by the same guy, twice. Ended each time in a draw.
    This time i invaded him, and after some pokes and slashes he decided to BS me, killing me.

He messaged me " Sorry for the BS, bro. This needed to end lol".
    Remoryu
    Remoryu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Remoryu Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 am

First off, howdy.

I have two stories I'd like to share at some point, but I'll just throw in one for the time being to spare you all as best I can. I'll also try to be as brief and as easy on the eyes as humanly possible. Still, both stories might be a read. For what it's worth, apologies in advance.

The first little tale revolves around how I wound up here in the first place. So I invade a fellow as a DM Spirit of Vengeance in New Londo, as per usual. The first thing I notice when I hit the base of the first staircase at spawn is a Sunbro (and his brilliant aura) in the distance, standing guard across the first bridge. The water is down. No sign of the host.

I trot over to my side of the bridge, claymore in hand, and stop just in time to catch the Sunbro wave. I wave back. He makes no play to attack, and neither do I. We both just stand there for a moment, more or less on guard, until I take a leap of faith.

Slowly but surely, I inch across the bridge with a bow in my left hand and a talisman in my right (they were in my secondary slots). He doesn't move. The second I reach him, he guards. At this point, I'm expecting him to lay into me with his sword or WoG me off the bridge. I found out later that he expected the exact same thing from me--but neither of us attacked. I wave again. Still no sign of the host.

After warily accepting each other as frenemies, he leads me down to the Darkwraiths where the host and a white phantom are messing around. By now, I'm completely unarmed to show that I meant no harm. In fact, I wanted to give the host items and bug out, which is something I had been doing all evening for anyone that didn't rush me right off the bat like most people did. This particular host, not to knock him in any way, was part of the majority.

Even after I stopped beside the Sunbro, the host proceeded to circle-strafe and backstab me. Can't say I blame him, either. Even if he noticed--and I readily admit it's possible he didn't--I was an invader. 'No mercy' comes with the territory by default. Still, not going to lie. It sucked.

After a good forty five second onslaught, they finally drop me for good, and as the 'YOU LOST' message appeared on the screen, it occurred to me that I had only fought two of them that whole time. Right before I went back to my world, I was able to pan the camera to catch the Sunbro standing at the top of the stairs looking down on the whole scene, pointedly well away from the fight.

I got a message from him a minute later, and a brief conversation he suggested that I join these forums. If you read this, whoever you are, thanks for the advice, and thanks for not knocking me off that bridge.
    Ironliftr3

Post by Ironliftr3 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:56 pm

As a Darkmoon, I got summonsed and invaded a guy in dark Anor Londo, on the bridge. I bowed, and got no response. The guy had obviously stepped away while human. I've regrettably done that myself, and always been backstabbed with no remorse. However, I waited. Stood there for a good 20 seconds doing nothing. Another DMer got summonsed in, and immediately ran up to the guy for the 2X backstab. I felt bad for the invadee, and consider my fellow DM'er dishonorable.

I'm there for a fight, not just to slaughter someone. And I totally suck at PVP, I should add. Probably lose 95% of the time.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I once had an epic duel with someone in the Kiln. The fight had continued pretty long until he parried me. But he didn't riposte, altough I would have died to it. Amazed by it, I bowed. We both had stopped fighting at that point. I tried to get him kill me, because he already won the duel. He didn't attack anymore, so I killed myself with power within and mimic helmet. That way he got his victory. He deserved it.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:31 pm

@ironlifter3, Maybe you lose more than you win, but you have a sense of honor. I wish more players were like that.

Remoryu wrote:First off, howdy.
    Welcome, Remoryu. Fantastic story. 1 post, 1 positive rep.
    Ironliftr3

Post by Ironliftr3 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm

callipygias wrote:@ironlifter3, Maybe you lose more than you win, but you have a sense of honor. I wish more players were like that.

Thank you sir. I'm still trying to learn the PVP aspect of the game, but I refuse to play 'dirty'.

On a related note, I just don't 'get' the guys, always 2 on 1, who hang out in the spawning spot on the Anor Londo bridge to gang up on DM'ers. I mean, where is the fun, let alone challenge, of ganging up on someone? This morning, I spawned in, bowed to the host, and was immediately backstabed by his 'friend' standing behind me (Who I didn't even see there). They obviously stood straddling the spawning spot waiting for DM'er to come in. Tough guys. Impressive.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:00 pm

I can't imagine what they possibly get from those 'wins' any more than I can imagine what the glitch-invaders in the Burg get from theirs. Very strange.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Very great Story Rem, I'm quite curious as well who brought you in. I always try to bring people to these forums and sadly I've yet to be successful.

And Iron, keep up the great work man. Who cares how many victories one gains if they are taken via cheap tactics. One honourable kill is worth a thousand instant kill backstabs if you ask me. Those people just want to grief others, they want to make others feel weak and themselves strong. Essentially, they are bullies. Technically their actions could count as harassment.
    Ironliftr3

Post by Ironliftr3 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Tolvo wrote:Very great Story Rem, I'm quite curious as well who brought you in. I always try to bring people to these forums and sadly I've yet to be successful.

And Iron, keep up the great work man. Who cares how many victories one gains if they are taken via cheap tactics. One honourable kill is worth a thousand instant kill backstabs if you ask me. Those people just want to grief others, they want to make others feel weak and themselves strong. Essentially, they are bullies. Technically their actions could count as harassment.

Speaking of which, I scored my FIRST pvp backstab not an hour ago in New Lodo Ruins. I DM'ed in...and as I bowed, the guy Soul Speared me. Gloves are off...I went for the backstab and FINALLY got one in.

Although, he beat me in the end. Dirty...
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:46 pm

I'll tell it from another point of view then:
    I invaded in the forest with Alvina's ring, and even if I got the message someone else was invading too I got close to see if he was fighting 2v1 (as usual). He was on a 1v1 instead, and when he saw me approach (even tho I stopped at a fair distance), he backed off and let me fight with the host on 1v1. When I died I saw him let the host take estus before resuming the fight happy
    Proper Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 am