Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Yesuurd
aceluby
RANT
Doelker
8 posters

PvP and PvE questions (PS3)

Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PvP and PvE questions (PS3) Empty PvP and PvE questions (PS3)

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

Hi guys, the tale is that I've been working in a faith based toon that can do PvP and PvE, but mostly is set up to PvP and right now it's sl 115.
    The thing is that I can't invade any players, I mean, it's like nobody is playing. I already tried the forest and anor londo and sometimes it can take over to 30 minutes to be summoned or to get a succesful invasion, and when it happens they are always japanese players.
    Not only it is a little hard to comunicate with them, but also the lag is really bad sometimes. Don't get me wrong, is not that I don't like to play with them or stuff like that, but why I am not finding people closer to my location?
    Have you been experiecing the same issues lately?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

PvP and PvE questions (PS3) Empty Re: PvP and PvE questions (PS3)

Post by RANT Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 am

dw or dm? you can always host in the painted world or the crappy kiln.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:40 am

I invaded as a dw and was summoned almost all afternoon/evening yesterday in the forest. In fact, only had 2 failed invasions all night.

Might be your connection...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 am

yeah maybe you should try reloading your system and router...
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes, definately I am going to reset all the connections. I am a DM right now, and the ring sometimes work, but the blue orb kind of sucks. Always fails.
    And like I said, when I get summoned or get a siccesful invasion is mostly with japanese players and the lag is kind of sucky.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

If it's always Japanese players, it could be the time you're playing at. Often I'll be playing and having tons of fun invading and co-oping when, all of a sudden, everything turns to **** and the lag gets atrocious. I refer to it as "The Japanese Hour"! Nothing against the Japanese, but connecting across the planet will do terrible things to latency...

And it really annoys me. I'm sure there are more than enough people playing near me at all times of the day and night that I shouldn't ever be playing only against Japanese players for long stretches of the day.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:53 pm

FWIW I don't have NEARLY as much success invading as a darkmoon vs a darkwraith.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 pm

@ Bla1ne... You know what is the worst of all? I have tried different schedules. My time is like US central time, so the strange thing is that no matter I am playing at noon or night I'm always invade someone called ryuririko or moshi-moshi or something like this.
    And like you said, sometimes the lag is kind of bareable, but most of the time is atrocious.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah, there's nothing more annoying than getting constantly lagstabbed until you finally decide to break your own anti-backstab rule to give him a taste of his own medicine, then while you're backstabbing them the game instantly reverses the two of you and you're getting backstabbed again. Damn lag...

ace has a point, though. Try Darkwraith if you were trying Darkmoon--you get a lot more invasions as a Darkwraith.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm

^ Yeap, I think I'm going to try DW. Has to be in NG+ cause I already talked to Frampt so I could give him some titanite chunks to get some large shards and upgrade my weapons and armor.
    I never had this issue in the xbox, mostly because they don't like the box in Japan, but still I want to do some pvp with the PS3 community, too.
    So right now Im using the NG to build my character.
    To bad that most of the good miracles are covenant related...
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Doelker wrote:^ Yeap, I think I'm going to try DW. Has to be in NG+ cause I already talked to Frampt so I could give him some titanite chunks to get some large shards and upgrade my weapons and armor.
    I never had this issue in the xbox, mostly because they don't like the box in Japan, but still I want to do some pvp with the PS3 community, too.
    So right now Im using the NG to build my character.
    To bad that most of the good miracles are covenant related...

Yeah, but they really aren't that hard to get if you plan it right.

Sunbro = arrow the dragon then run your *** to the fire, join up, and give your medals you've earned co-opping for the lightning spear. NG+ just do the same and then the lord's soul.

DM = join covenant and then head to PW. Farm the two harpies early in the level while invading. You'll get 10 ears in no time.

Gravelord = join up in NG, buy the eyes from patches (don't tell him you're a cleric), in NG+ give him all your eyes for the upgraded spell

I don't think there are any others worth mentioning that are cov related, but this is how I got all the important miracles.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm

@Ace... I know, what I meant is that to be able to use Darkmoon Blade you have to be in the DM covenant and so forth. From what I know is that you can't use DMB as Darkwraith.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:48 am

yeh the thing bout the drs servers is that now you can connect with any1 its an improvement in the way that online is faster and more fluent however when you play with some1 that lives on the other side of the planet you bound to get lag... iv been 2 america 2 see my brother n then japan 2 see my grandparents n noticed that if you connect in europe you will get lagged my most of the japanese players but not the 1s from usa if you connect usa you will get some to very little lag from both japanese n european players n as the net in japan is beast you will get minimum lag
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:35 am

Yesterday was the same... I said that I would give it one more try but the result was the same. It is hard to play a match when you get backstabbed from 10 feet away with a lightning dagger and hornet ring.
    You don't even finished standing up and then... Backstabbed again.
    Hahaha... Anyways, I guess that I'll just suck it up and learn how to deal with it and use it for my advantage.
    Now imagine when the host, the phantom and a darkwraith are teaming up... All japs, atrocious lag... It was a massacre
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 am

I've played with japanese people and had minimum lag and americans with horrid lag. Its more the connection speed and bandwidth i think.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 am

Yes, indeed. I don't like to generalize but most of the times it has been the opposite to me. I guess that eventually I am going to learn how to deal with the latency factor.
    By the way, yesterday actually I invaded two times in a row the same *** player. The connection wasn't that bad and both fight were pretty close. 1 on 1. He won the first and I got the 2nd.
    That proofs your point, too.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

I don't have bad connections where I live so there for me is usually no lag (the number of times I get invaded is proof enough).
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

@ARSP. You know what is the wierdest detail about this? When I am in human fotm doing a boss run I am constantly invaded. Mostly by closer users to my location. US players, or even some from western europe.
    But when I get summoned or I Invade someone 9 out of 10 times they are Japanese. Some of them have great connections, others not.
    Could it be my S L? Is there a new cap for PvP and PvE that I am unaware of?
    I'm currently SL 115 by the way.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

yeh their net plays a big part but i get lagstabb with fiber optic net... oh n thers no way 2 deal with a good lagges i met a dude that was usin a lag based spell spamm technique he was just using it over n over n there was no way to roll away from it...how do y kill it if it sees evarethin 6 sec before y???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 am