Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Help with my Claymore + 15 Faith build

butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Help with my Claymore + 15  Faith build Empty Help with my Claymore + 15 Faith build

Post by butternut86 Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=423313193506283124

^^^^^^^^^^
    Here's my build so far.

I'm level 63.  I put points in vitality, endurance, faith , dex and Strength. I think I might have enough in str, endurance and dex, so I was thinking about putting the rest of my points in faith for this NG playthrough.  

What would you do with this build?  Any tips?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Help with my Claymore + 15  Faith build Empty Re: Help with my Claymore + 15 Faith build

Post by Acarnatia Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm

That depends on what level you're planning to end at, and whether this a pvp build or not. For pvp, your Vit and End are very low.
    Also, that depends on how high you're thinking of putting your faith. If you're going over 30, (basically, this means you should go to 50 exactly) then you should probably eschew strength and dexterity as much as possible besides the minimum to use the weapons you want and make them occult or buff them. In the note of spells, add some attunement.
    Also, knight is basically the worst starting class for pvp.
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Help with my Claymore + 15  Faith build Empty Re: Help with my Claymore + 15 Faith build

Post by butternut86 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Acarnatia wrote:That depends on what level you're planning to end at, and whether this a pvp build or not. For pvp, your Vit and End are very low.
    Also, that depends on how high you're thinking of putting your faith. If you're going over 30, (basically, this means you should go to 50 exactly) then you should probably eschew strength and dexterity as much as possible besides the minimum to use the weapons you want and make them occult or buff them. In the note of spells, add some attunement.
    Also, knight is basically the worst starting class for pvp.

To be honest with you, I couldn't remember what my starting class was. I think it was Knight but I'm not sure. So I just put that. Everything else on that build generator is correct though.

My older build I went to 177. I don't usually stop, I keep going.

I'm thinking I'll take this build to 120, maybe more. My last build I used claymore, but I had like 40 dex and 40 str, and I used Faith to buff weapons. This time I'd like to put a lot more in Faith. So maybe I'll bring that up to 50. I never really tried a build that emphasizes more on spells, so I figured I'd try a faith build.

I'm more of a PVE kind of guy, and I like helping people as a Sunbro. But I wouldn't mind if this build could handle its own against invaders.

What would you do from this point if you wanted to take it PVE, and wat would u do if you wanted to take it PVP? I'm guessing it's not salvageable for PVP.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Pvp builds still work for pve; not as much the other way around, though.
    30 in Int or Fai is basically the highest you should go as a spellsword/miraclesword. Anything higher (in which case you should probably go to 50) is really generally a pure caster, and you'll be better off with an Occult weapon than a +15 at that point. (unless you're buffing)
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Acarnatia wrote:...your Vit and End are very low.
    dude, he has 157 stamina...highest possible value is 160 (without fap-ring). care to elaborate how this is very low?

http://mmdks.com/4i71 quality fth lvl120 pvp
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 pm

And 26 vit is good enough. As long as you have 20 its playable. Although you dont have fast roll so more would be useful.
    End would only be useful for Equipment load at the moment.

OP, do you 2 hand the weapon? Claymore is quality and Dex and Str stop scaling as well near 40, or 27 if you 2 hand the claymore. Since you plan on going elsewhere I would suggest going with Dex to 35 and Str to 30 or so. 20 simply isnt good enough in either stat. 30 is better since its quality.

If you are going to be faith you wil need more attunement slots, SLB is at 30 faith I think so that may be a good benchmark to hit. Most others are unlocked by 30 anyways. However SLB isnt a great weapon buff since it is drastically outlcassed by DMB and CMW. DMB is the best weapon buff at higher Faith AND high Darkmoon level. (+1, 2, 3)

In short, Xe's build looks like a good direction and basis for you to modify. Trim or expand depending on how you play.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Eh, maybe. I've never gone less than around 14k health for pvp, and at times that's seemed low.
    That gear load is extremely valuable as well; it adds a lot of versatility, besides more stamina.

... huh. I guess SLB was heavily nerfed, as it used to be x3 magic adjustment, not 1.8. It still has the advantage of not being affected much by armor resistance or spells like GMB. I imagine that reduction in raw might makes it a lot less useful, though. (I'm currently not able to play)
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 am

Help with my Claymore + 15  Faith build Image10

Got that from a YouTube video showing the three compared at various stats.

I can see why it was, no dedication for something grand. And it is true that lighting defense is often the lowest but it's not ever enough to make up for a gap like that, especially with diminishing returns of armor.

I have high mobility chars and usually PvP with 20;25 vitality. Right around 1200.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 pm