Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
PyroElleh
Yarxov
6 posters

Connectivity

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Connectivity  - Page 2 Empty Re: Connectivity

Post by Yarxov Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 pm

It doesnt reboot often but more than a computer ought to.

@wrath, No BSoD, I DID have that when I would OC everything mainly because on CCC I mistook the Memory OC for GPU OC and holy **** did that break my system.
    Its random reboots, usually while idling (Ill hear it from the other room) and only occasionally when Im using it. I am no longer OCing anything btw.

-Gigabyte 990 FXA
    -Gigabyte Radeon HD7850
    -AMD 8320 Black (I shouldve gotten the 8350 I know :00013:I didnt see it on the site I used though.)

I have two Hard Drives a 750 and a 1TB, with the OS on the 750. I find the computer trying to load the 1TB first alot though which causes problems but Its been fine the past few days.

I have Malwarebytes and used to have AVG but have started using Avast, can you recommend a good AV? I know how to spot viruses in the processes and the worst thing Ive accidentally downloaded was **** sweetpacks which got installed without me knowing. that and Entrusted. ******* programs hijacking my browsers. I had something force my computer to use Yahoo before. -.- (not this Comp)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Yarxov wrote:I had something force my computer to use Yahoo before. -.-  (not this Comp)
    Amazon tool bar, in my experience.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:46 pm

I still don't know what caused it. I just wiped my browsers and got something that stopped all toolbar changes. Every startup I got to laugh triumphantly. ( this was before I knew to check start up processes.)
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 pm

I like Microsoft Security Essentials
    AVG gave me issues in the past, never used avast
    yes MSE is microsoft but it's also relatively lightweight and MSE, adblock (whitelist sites you don't want to be a prick to) and relatively intelligent browsing habits should be pretty much foolproof
    and yeah, malwarebytes for malware scans

as for the rebooting
    have you checked the event log for anything weird? Also check device manager to see if there's anything up with drivers. I'd run SFC (sfc /scannow in the command prompt) as well, and then if that doesn't find or fix things it can't hurt to try running chkdsk and check the ram (could run windows memory diagnostic as well)
    I'd check for power issues too
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:21 am

I really hope it's not my PSU. It's a newish 750 watt. I'm hoping to crossfire 7850s soon. After I move things around to fix airflow and give everything a good cleaning. I have had issues with GPU overheat before, once it hits 65C I get fracturing like it's overheating but it should be ok up till 80 and it usually stays around high 40s while in game.  (Bf3, RO2) and hadn't been an issue in over a month.

(And even then it's only happened twice and was never a persistent problem. I'd let it cool for half an hour and it'd be fine the rest of the day.)

Thinking about when it reboots, it could be program start up, a lot of the time I see my desktop but when I attempt to launch a program immediately it crashes. It may be tied to CCC since it happens about when the UAC permissions for it pops up.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 am

This thread has officially gone past my capacity. While I'm qualified to build my own computer, I haven't yet, and thus, I don't understand these problems.

Soo, good bye. I hope you have the best day you could possibly have.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 am

JoeBroski09 wrote:Yeah, sounds like your PC can't really handle them, like mine haha! Except, I don't get screen tears without the fix. :(That sounds horrible.
    Just noticed this grave accusation.
    I have an 8320 8 core CPU at 3.6 (can OC to over 4) and an HD 7850 unlocked (875-975). I can max out BF3 with no lag at all. I dont bother with graphics stuff though. Even Skyrim I would run without ENBs.

But thank you for your help none the less, I hope to get online working soon or I might go hollow. Prostration

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm