Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
The Letter X
Rynn
6 posters

You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still. Empty You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still.

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:51 pm

So I'm working on reviving my dice based dark souls adventure, this time with less mechanics that are under the table or not directly advertised to the player, which means with showing players all the mechanics for the battles at hand in the OP.

I was working on a grid, but decided it would be better as an IRC game with live updates, and multiple players.[/b]

A better explanation of the rules of this game:
    Stats and what they do:

Defensive Gameplay Functions:

invasion mechanics:

The white soapstone, and other multiplayer items:

The Estus Flask:

Level Up!:

Here is the old journey. It differs greatly from our current one, but is the inspiration.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12316-you-are-a-deprived-warrior

Last edited by Rynn on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Changing rules)
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still. Empty Re: You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still.

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:52 pm

How to sign up
    This is really simple. We're going to be playing in an IRC room on the Rizon network. All you need to do is tell me you plan to play here, and then we'll arrange when to meet up.

Rizon network, #SoulsDnD
    6 PM PST most days.

Last edited by Rynn on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still. Empty Re: You are in a Dungeon: DnD esque IRC adventure taking new players still.

Post by The Letter X Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:17 pm

I would have liked to join this, but I'll be too busy during the week to participate.

Good luck and have fun with this to everyone who may be involved.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:25 pm

What days do you think you may be available? Time is a bit daffy in lordran, you can join up later in perhaps.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:32 pm

The problem is I never know if I am free until the day of. Tuesday and Friday would be good days if one looked at my schedule, but I've been proven wrong time and again thinking so.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 pm

You could consider playing it by ear and showing up whenever reasonable.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:40 pm

That sounds great. I'll pop in whenever I can.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:40 am

Glad to hear that. I'd love more. 3 or 4 people would make this run best.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 am

Can I join, plz?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:07 am

Of course. why don't you check the IRC room quickly so I can see if I've set it up correctly? As I said we'll run a practice session monday.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:00 am

A link would be helpful. I don't have any experience with Rizon.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:19 am

Rizon, and other IRC's, are connected to via a client. While the best clients are downloaded, most people believe the best web browser based client is mibbit.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:28 am

Ok, I'll check it out later today then when I have more time. It appears like I have to read up on these IRCs a bit first and get myself informed.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:29 am

Alright. It was one of the first forms of internet communication, so it won't be too hard to figure out the user needs.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 pm

So I signed up and I found the channel, but it won't let me connect. Is there anything else you'd like for me to do?

EDIT: Nvm, there was just a long delay to get on. I'm in now and chatting, it seems to be in fine working order, Rynn. Well done! happy
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

What's an IRC? My first thought is 'In Real-time Chat'
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Acarnatia wrote:What's an IRC? My first thought is 'In Real-time Chat'
    IRC: Internet Relay Chat, it's basically a chat with a server and multiple clients.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:22 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:So I signed up and I found the channel, but it won't let me connect. Is there anything else you'd like for me to do?

EDIT: Nvm, there was just a long delay to get on. I'm in now and chatting, it seems to be in fine working order, Rynn. Well done! happy
    Just make sure the channel is working and I'm looking to do a practice session monday to see how this works.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Well, I'm interested. After everything I put into a DS rp, assuming I can get to a computer, I think that's almost a given.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:49 pm

It's working for me, Rynn. Mondays are a big if for me though, it is easily my busiest day of the week so depending on the times you set aside to practice I may not be available.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 am

I see. We'll of course need to work on a schedule of times that are mutually viable for everyone. I plan to just check how the system works on monday, however. The actual game will start tuesday if nothing is badly broken.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:14 am

What time monday?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:46 am

The IRC room imploded on me and so it didn't happen today. It seems our first try will be tuesday.

6 PM PST
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Rynn wrote:The IRC room imploded on me and so it didn't happen today. It seems our first try will be tuesday.

6 PM PST
    In what way did it implode for you? It gave me an error when I first tried to enter yesterday, but it worked okay after that.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 pm

whispers:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm