Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Odinbear
Aigaios
chantienyee
7 posters

Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3)

chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3) Empty Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3)

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 am

Hey guys.
    Sorry, I know there was a discussion about this in another thread, but I don't remember which one and it was maybe a couple weeks ago? There was also debate in the thread about if it's possible or not.

So is it possible to have multiple profiles on the same PSN account so that I can have more than 10 characters with the same PSN user name? I've always just deleted characters to make room for others, or for Demon's Souls started a new PSN account since you only get 4 slots there.

Is it possible, and if so how do you do it?
    Please and thank you.
    (And sorry if this has been discussed to death already.)
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3) Empty Re: Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3)

Post by Aigaios Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:15 am

You just pick to use an existing PSN account on the new user profile and then put the details of your other PSN account, so both user profiles will have the same PSN account.

If like me you have both the normal Dark Souls and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on two separate discs then you can have 20 character slots per user profile as the two different disks will not share the same save data.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3) Empty Re: Multiple profiles on one PSN account (PS3)

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:18 am

Okay cool. Thanks so much. I'll try it out!

I had a EU copy too, so I was able to get 20 characters, but I couldn't run the NA DLC on it so gave it to a friend.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:50 am

K, yeah, so I get this:
    "This account has already been associated with a different user on this system. Use a different account to register."

So it can't be done?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 am

chantienyee wrote:K, yeah, so I get this:
    "This account has already been associated with a different user on this system. Use a different account to register."

So it can't be done?
    I just tried it.  Created a new user ( different name ). Signed in under that new name, then tried to sign into PSN using my only Accnt.  ..... I got same message.  Hmmmm
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 am

Wait, you want to do this on the same console? I dont think that its possible to do that with just one PS3 console, you will need to make a different account. I have more then one PS3 and I can use the same account on both consoles.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 pm

It definately worked for me . Although that was a Year ago so it may be a new update thing .

Ever tried signing off on your first Profile ?
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, same message when I manually log out.
    It makes you log out when you're creating a new profile anyway too.

Any more ideas?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, that sucks .
    Try deleting System 32 then .
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Can you explain what that is and how I do it?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Link: system 32

Sorry, it can't be done.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am

You can add up to 5 different psn's on ONE console. You have to have 5 separate email accounts and register then all with PSN. I have 2 that are mine, (used to have 3), and I have my nephews 3 accounts that he doesn't use anymore since he doesn't own a PS3 anymore.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Yeah, I've got three. I just don't want to have to log out or have different friends lists and game saves on different accounts. So, for example I was organizing to meet with someone in Demon's Souls, but I gave him my primary account name when I had that particular character on a different account. And then to check stats of other characters or to see if I have messages on my primary account, I have to quit the game, log out of the account, change profiles, and then log in again... A real pain.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 am

Then add that friend to all of your accounts. Just ask a few guys in here who have me on theirs. The ones I do a lot of co-op with are on both of my accounts. Or, you can always create a chat, send invites to your other accounts and then no matter what account you're on, your friend can log in there.

Now that I've re-read all of your posts, you are wanting a sub-account under the same profile without changing profiles. I get it now. You can't do that. That's why you are able to create 5 separate accounts.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 pm

That's what I've done. Created 4 alts. I needed additional builds.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks for the input guys.
    I hope Dark Souls 2 isn't limited like this. I find it easier to just delete builds to make room for others, but I hate doing that. Is there any reason it's limited in the first place? Did they not anticipate so much replay? Even so, why limit at all except by system/memory constraints?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 pm

I hear you about not wanting to delete builds. It is very rare that I can muster the courage to actually delete a build.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm just glad you get 6 more builds than wut Demon Souls gives you
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Tell me about it. I was able to group all of my favorite builds into 1 account though.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:07 pm

yea I know cause the other 2, 3 or 4 never see u on them lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm