Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

why is there a bell in blighttown

homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

why is there a bell in blighttown Empty why is there a bell in blighttown

Post by homelessguy Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Never thought of this but why put a bell in blight town when it a utter hell hole ??
     the bells are there to test an undeads ability to see if he ready for sens but how they know there be a guardian to test the undead there to begin with.

the other bell is guarded by gargoyles creature who are part of gywns army or magical constructs. they always going to be their to guard it until they died how they(the bell builders) know that someone going to guard the bell in blight town unless they somehow made a deal with queelag which begs this question which came 1st the creepy naked spider chick or the bell

the only answer I can see is frampt/someone told queelag if u stay and guard this place many undead with lots of humanity's come for you to kill 2 take humanity's and heal her sister but then again how frampt/someone know about her sister
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

why is there a bell in blighttown Empty Re: why is there a bell in blighttown

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:01 pm

They were built to be a key to Sen's Fortress, I think.

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm

The builders may have known about the difficulty of getting through Blight Town already, as well as how the inhabitants would have reacted if they were to see an undead encroaching in on their territory.

Now as far as Quelagg goes, she may have moved in after in order to collect humanity from the wandering undead and other undead thinking they are the "chosen undead" so she could heal her sister. She probably wasn't originally there when they were constructing the bell tower.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:06 am

Blighttown didn't start as Blighttown....it only became infected when a strong pyromancy was released. I imagine that the bell didn't start there, nor was Sen's Fortress always there. They were both added when the Age of Fire started to fade and the "prophecy" was introduced. As mentioned, they are a test.

I also figure that Quelaag wasn't placed there by the serpents or the gods. I imagine she simply took up residence when her sister became poisoned and she realized the potential of the humanity she stood to gain as adventurers happened by.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm