Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
StiffNipples
SirArchmage
ScottyDoesKnow
Leet
Thor_Odinson
9 posters

falchion first encounter

Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

falchion first encounter Empty falchion first encounter

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:23 pm

So I fought my first falchion user after countless hours of pvp and I must say.....that r1 spam is ridiculously crazy
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

falchion first encounter Empty Re: falchion first encounter

Post by Leet Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 pm

L2 works magic against those spammers.
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:53 pm

only problem is I dropped using my shield completely. I just use blossoms for stamina. With only having a pyro glove parrying is fairly dangerous. Fast rolling poise tank with that weapon is a headache
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Thor_Odinson wrote:only problem is I dropped using my shield completely. I just use blossoms for stamina. With only having a pyro glove parrying is fairly dangerous. Fast rolling poise tank with that weapon is a headache

The only shield i use literally is the Dark Hand. It saves weight and is good enough for me. And you're saying all you had was a pyro glove on you? Or are you saying parrying with a pyro glove is dangerous, because you can't parry with a pyro glove.
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 pm

If I use a shield it generally is the dark hand. The way I had my armor and weapons setup I only had my pyro glove so I would have been parrying with a barefist. Maybe im just bad at parrys but they get me killed more often than a parry. Not sure if its just my timing or lag.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 am

There's no room for mistakes if they buff it though. Usually I throw on the flip ring and wait for an opening/the buff to run out.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 am

I have a build that I use for if I hate people in the forest so much I feel they deserve only the worst type of death. A buffed Falchion build with 77 poise, fastroll, WoG, grass crest shield and 1900 health. Using this grants me very little in the way of deaths, but I will say the things that get me killed the most, when it is not just gankers chain-stabbing me or both of them swinging greatswords at the same time.

Number one death of me is parrying. You have to be very, very brave to parry me, as I both dead angle you and deal around 550 damage per swing(maybe more, haven't used it in a long time). And when you do, with my health it can take three parries sometimes to kill me. But the Falchion user is predictable, and you can know when he will swing. Only the smart ones will dead-angle and hit at the furthest of their range.

Don't backstab me. My swing radius is too large and too fast, and you will only get a back-stab cancel most all the time, unless the Falchion user is being stupid and you are good at roll or pivot bs-ing.

I am better at offense then you. Accept this and all shall be fine. The Falchion is one of the best offense weapons in the game, and can win most all battles of trading hits. A buffed one more so. Their greatest weakness is a calm and defensive person that knows when to swing and when to back away.

Out range them. As ridiculous as the range is on the weapon, rapiers and spears can destroy a Falchion user. I just fought a two-handed R1 spamming falchion user that was level 130, and I killed him with my level 50 with a +4 Velka rapier. Without taking a hit. In essence, poke them to death.

Oh, and here is your worst nightmare. http://mmdks.com/30f3
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 am

I made a small mod to it: http://mmdks.com/3kua

Changed to Thorns leggings for rolling poise damage and possible BS cancel for the laggier fights, and changed it to Cleric to save you a few points.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:09 am

StiffNipples wrote:I made a small mod to it: http://mmdks.com/3kua

Changed to Thorns leggings for rolling poise damage and possible BS cancel for the laggier fights, and changed it to Cleric to save you a few points.
    Wow, out of all the times I have used this build to kill gankers I never noticed I could have changed starter classes. This is in my thread of epic builds and everything sad 

+1 to you.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:15 am

DUDE, DUDE, DUUUUUDEEEE. this is THE weapon. not THE curved sword. this is the lightning damage of swords, this is the dark bead of weapons, THIS IS THE **** WOG OF PHYSICAL DAMAGE.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 am

StiffNipples wrote:I made a small mod to it: http://mmdks.com/3kua

Needs twop, bumped into some dude in oolacille. Couldn't even run away to let it run out.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:47 am

It's obnoxious until you get used to seeing them, then less so.  Let's say I'm running my str/faith with a chaos rapier as a backup:

1.  I have enough poise to take 2 hits, so if they are going to go that route, I'll just trade and staggerstab.  SLB staggerstab = death after all.
    2.  If they've stacked poise (IE havel's) I can't trade.  Switch to rapier and poke from max range on it.  Don't forget to parry people who get spammy.
    3.  If I'm running it, MB or GMB will murder every major buff except SLB.

If I can't poise trade and win the poise race for a stagger back stab, I'm going to turtle the buff or stall it out.  Things like WoG are great for creating separation and getting away, but pyros work too.

Still, the basic counter to R1 spam is a resistant shield and blocking (hard to dead angle if you keep spacing correct) or parrying.  I find buffed falchion spammers running very high poise to be fairly rare though as most of them want to keep fast roll, making themselves vulnerable to zwei and/or other hitstun weapons too.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:31 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    StiffNipples wrote:Stuff
    Wow, out of all the times I have used this build to kill gankers I never noticed I could have changed starter classes. This is in my thread of epic builds and everything sad 

+1 to you.
    Ha, didn't realise it was you 'cos of the new avatar (nice btw).

I remember when you posted that build, I didn't pick up on it then either :/

Also TWoP with that build would be mean, I do wonder though it if would lead to more parries, as people would be forced into them seeing as it's their only real option.

Also do Havels Shield users give you any trouble, or can you dead angle them?[/quote][/quote]

Last edited by StiffNipples on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the quote inset)
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:17 pm

They only give me trouble if they move back away constantly so that it is harder to dead angle, or if they are smart enough to face away when I dead angle them with WoG. Otherwise they give little trouble, it just means my chip damage against their shield isn't too effective.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Thor_Odinson wrote:If I use a shield it generally is the dark hand. The way I had my armor and weapons setup I only had my pyro glove so I would have been parrying with a barefist. Maybe im just bad at parrys but they get me killed more often than a parry. Not sure if its just my timing or lag.

Practice man. I used to have a hard time with parrys. There's some threads around here that'll help, plus a lot of videos on youtube that explain the mechanics. The key to parrying really, is hitting L2 a second before you THINK you should actually hit it. If you pay attention to their weapon too much, the lag will throw you off and you'll miss every time. There's also different kinds of parrys. Here's a good one. It'll help a lot. Being able to parry will get rid of most of your fears against weapons you'd rather not play against.

Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:59 pm

solid advise itt. It is confirmed that falchion is basically a monster lol. I will start using the dark hand in my offhand and practice parrying aswell.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Yup. Just go out there and parry. Take your deaths and learn the timing. Only way to learn. Good luck. Bow 
    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SlintEastwood Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm

I wouldn't really advise relying on parries against a good curved sword user. It can work, but more often than not the person attempting the parry will get punished. Any spear should shut out a curved sword, and I would take a chaos blade over a buffed falchion even under the assumption I'm fighting the buff head on and not waiting it out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm