Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Hugh_G_Johnson
StiffNipples
SolaireOfAstora
MosquitoPower
badco2
9 posters

summoning at the totg bonfire

badco2

summoning at the totg bonfire Empty summoning at the totg bonfire

Post by badco2 Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I tried chat, maybe I can get an answer here. when this issue occurred ,i was Sl 145 and on my first playthru.my friends tried to co-op with me on that part.one of the same friends just played pinwheel with me, but I couldnt find his sign...or any of the other 6 friends that tried to help. they are all just about the same level as me. only difference being that they were all at least on + .or ++ or above & im on my first playthru, but we have co-op'd on other areas. I cant see their signs.weve tried for 3 days now(at different times), weve also tried exiting & restarting the game to see if that would help...NO LUCK, on anything that we tried.thx for the help.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

summoning at the totg bonfire Empty Re: summoning at the totg bonfire

Post by MosquitoPower Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I don't have the link handy, but double check the summon range calculator to make sure you are all in the right level zone for summoning.

Other check, and this is a real "Doh!" moment, but it happens to me more often that I like to admit... but make sure you are in human form.

Other is to make sure you have not beat the boss for that zone.

Do you see other signs?
    badco2

Post by badco2 Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 pm

dark souls summoning calculator

MosquitoPower wrote:I don't have the link handy, but double check the summon range calculator to make sure you are all in the right level zone for summoning.

Other check, and this is a real "Doh!" moment, but it happens to me more often that I like to admit... but make sure you are in human form.

Other is to make sure you have not beat the boss for that zone.

Do you see other signs?
     tried the link & got nada...blank page.they calculated the range.ive been human for almost a week.ive died n reverse hollowed ,even tried it the times in question...no luck.game said u r already human.
    SolaireOfAstora
    SolaireOfAstora

Post by SolaireOfAstora Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:00 am

Are you playing on PC?
     and this is the level range calculator

https: http://mpql.net/tools/dark-souls/

Just remove the space. New members aren't allowed to post links for 7 days
    Hope i'm not breaking the rules? :'D I assume it's just to protect against spammers.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:03 am

Have you placed the Lord Vessel and removed the Golden Fog Gates?
    badco2

Post by badco2 Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 am

playing on PS3,lord vessel placed,gates gone.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:57 am

It's not unheard of to not be able to connect to a friend for hours at a time.  Send each other blank messages on PSN and have your friends set orange soapstone messages over their summon signs.  I'm not convinced on the second method (I think it was coincidence it worked the first time I tried it), but I swear by the first method.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I've been playing with a friend for the last few weeks, and we've had luck every night doing the following:  if you can't see his sign, both of you quit the game and then reload.  If the sign fails, just let it phase back in after a moment rather than spamming it over and over.  Usually it takes on the second or third try.  If you've done that, I'm at a loss.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I've been playing with a friend for the last few weeks, and we've had luck every night doing the following:  if you can't see his sign, both of you quit the game and then reload.  If the sign fails, just let it phase back in after a moment rather than spamming it over and over.  Usually it takes on the second or third try.  If you've done that, I'm at a loss.
    Just to give more info on what backlot said. The reason for reloads help especially if someone has died trying to get to your spot. I find that if someone has died, it sometimes knocks you out of sync with each other. Reloading toon helps ALOT.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Reload if you die as a phantom or the Host dies when you're helping him/her.

I've had lots of times where my sign has just sat there for a long time, but when I reload my game I get summoned almost instantly. I have come to believe that reloading your character helps clear the net code.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:04 am

Green__Eagle wrote:Reload if you die as a phantom or the Host dies when you're helping him/her.

I've had lots of times where my sign has just sat there for a long time, but when I reload my game I get summoned almost instantly. I have come to believe that reloading your character helps clear the net code.
     Demon's Ruins a few weeks ago, me and a bud were trying to help each other.  I'd lay my sign, he'd see, touch-n-summon, but my sign never disappeared nor got summoned. He'd tell me my sign disappeared, to lay it down again. We did this about three times, each time my sign would not go away, nor would I be summoned, each time he summoned, my sign disappeared on his side.   

Finally I just restarted game and first try, he summoned me.  

Since then and before, I swore by the spamming your WSS every minute or so. Sometimes I just let it rest, but if 5 minutes have past, I re lay it.
    Just saying that, just because your WSS is down in your world, may not be down anymore in another
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 am

Spamming wss imo is senseless. Like Odin said, it may be in your world but not your friends. Some people don't think to realize that it takes a bit to show depending on where you are. I can summon a friend on the NA server right away if he is in the US compared to a friend in the UK which takes longer for it to show. Spamming wss just makes it worse for the person trying to click your tag.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:08 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Spamming wss imo is senseless. Like Odin said, it may be in your world but not your friends. Some people don't think to realize that it takes a bit to show depending on where you are. I can summon a friend on the NA server right away if he is in the US compared to a friend in the UK which takes longer for it to show. Spamming wss just makes it worse for the person trying to click your tag.
     I tend to agree.  Never had much luck spamming the sign.  Just let it phase back in.  If it doesn't, then lay it one more time, and if it doesn't show, reload the game.  That's given me the best luck.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm

At one point I had a dual TV/PS3 setup and we were doing summon tests, but unfortunately the next day was when the flickering glitch started.
    So we never finished all the tests.

This may be bad information, but this is what was working at the time.
    A big indicator seemed to be the "ghost" image of the other player. If you saw that, was pretty good chance you were in the same universe (or at least both standing at the same location LOL).

Test 1
    -Find a out of the way location.
    -Quick 3-6 summon sign spam in one spot.
    -Then MOVE a step or two away from where you dropped the spam summon signs and drop ONE sign.
    -Other guy watches for the spam signs but does NOT click on them. He/She WAITS for that last sign that is away from the others and clicks on that one.

Test 2
    -Drop ONE Sign, wait.
    If luck is with you it will not take to long.
    If luck is not with you... try to drop another sign....
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 am

I have two PS3s set up; I can test this. When I have to someone myself I just wait (sometimes for a long time) for the sign to show.

It seems I have to wait longer when we're just within range (i.e. far apart in soul levels, but within the summoning range).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 pm