Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Latitoast
Devokai
Juutas
7 posters

Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO]

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO] Empty Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO]

Post by Juutas Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:57 pm

On this 4th episode of Juutas Must Die I grab Velka's Rapier and challenge Julma Antero on the Dragon Bridge.

Hope you enjoy! Any improvement opinions are welcome Proper Bow
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO] Empty Re: Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO]

Post by Devokai Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Great video, subbed.

Your overall play is entertaining, and it should be for a video. And you spacing is good, I suspected it would be since I've heard you're a pretty good player.

Constructive criticism time, and this is coming from someone who's used velka's for a month + straight before going back to may usual set up.

-You really love the back hop r1 a lot but it's so often used inappropriately especially 2 handed it wastes soooo much stamina, and because of this, at least in these matches you had your guard broken quite often and your opponent capitalized on it. If you want something to do to stay active while you're squaring up again do the 1 handed r2 in hopes to bait the offense into a semi-blind parry.

-Speaking of the r2, never use it's second combo hit, saw you do it a couple times and just using a neutral r1 after the r2 comes out faster, deals more damage, and has a tad more range on it.

-I get you were trying to be fancy and go all out with it but you rarely made use of the shield poke at all and a few times you could've gotten stabs on the guy where he was rolling in on you a lot and practically giving his back to you.

But I don't really know the circumstances so good games and hope to see more vids in the future happy
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO] Empty Re: Juutas Must Die: Episode 4 - Julma Antero [VIDEO]

Post by Latitoast Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 pm

It's a good video, but it's a little effect heavy for me.

I dunno if it's just me but it hurts my eyes a bit when the colors change or it slows down because someone lands a parry.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 am

Devokai wrote:Great video, subbed.

Your overall play is entertaining, and it should be for a video. And you spacing is good, I suspected it would be since I've heard you're a pretty good player.

Constructive criticism time, and this is coming from someone who's used velka's for a month + straight before going back to may usual set up.

-You really love the back hop r1 a lot but it's so often used inappropriately especially 2 handed it wastes soooo much stamina, and because of this, at least in these matches you had your guard broken quite often and your opponent capitalized on it. If you want something to do to stay active while you're squaring up again do the 1 handed r2 in hopes to bait the offense into a semi-blind parry.

-Speaking of the r2, never use it's second combo hit, saw you do it a couple times and just using a neutral r1 after the r2 comes out faster, deals more damage, and has a tad more range on it.

-I get you were trying to be fancy and go all out with it but you rarely made use of the shield poke at all and a few times you could've gotten stabs on the guy where he was rolling in on you a lot and practically giving his back to you.

But I don't really know the circumstances so good games and hope to see more vids in the future happy

Firsty, thank you so much for the feedback and sub! much appreciated happy

The issues of the stamina regen you talk about here is exactly spot on and I wrote about it on the youtube video description too (but I guess you can't see it when looking this video here on the forums).
    I don't know if you're familiar with my non-blossoming ways, but that usually explains why I'm struggling with the stamina management in fast paced battles like this big grin

When it comes to other gameplay things mentioned:

- The second R2: I know that this attack is useless (something is horribly wrong with the dmg!) but I really like to try to use every single possible attack that my weapon has to offer, no matter what the weapon may be...this is just one of my many oddities as a player big grin

- The shieldpoke: This is just something I don't prefer doing too much. While being effective, the turtling has always felt cheesy to me and I just prefer to keep away from it as much as possible happy

- The back stabs: I'm just not a back stab heavy player :Dthat's all there is to it. It's not like I NEVER back stab or think that it's from Satan, but in these duels I didn't feel the need to go for them.

Thank you once again for the awesome feedback and I try to get better using the Velka's Rapier, I'm still relatively new with the weapon so there is still much to learn about timing etc.

Proper Bow
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:36 am

Latitoast wrote:It's a good video, but it's a little effect heavy for me.

I dunno if it's just me but it hurts my eyes a bit when the colors change or it slows down because someone lands a parry.

Thanks for the feeback happy
    I kinda like going crazy with the effects at times and I think that separates me from other uploaders, but if I get more comments that I should tone it down a bit I will be doing so in the future.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:46 am

It might just be me, I have very sensitive eyes so things like bright lights or drastic color changes hurt for me.

The little "Duel X!" announcer was cool though, I liked that.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:05 am

Maybe you can explain to me this phenomenom of people unlocking and running in circles, clearly out of range of any possible attack from either player. I've noticed it in recent uploads to youtube and also while PvPing. And I always just kinda chuck arrows at em or just walk around and wait. I think I've been surprised by like 2 running attacks off this technique, otherwise it just gets me sweet parries or wastes their stamina.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I keep seeing it and it's never shown me personally to be an effective tactic for accomplishing anything.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:08 am

I think its a trick people picked up from things like the great scythe which have more range, it also works as a baiting action against less cautious players as while running around in circles it looks like you're exposed for a bs... I guess.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 am

Jansports wrote:Maybe you can explain to me this phenomenom of people unlocking and running in circles, clearly out of range of any possible attack from either player. I've noticed it in recent uploads to youtube and also while PvPing. And I always just kinda chuck arrows at em or just walk around and wait. I think I've been surprised by like 2 running attacks off this technique, otherwise it just gets me sweet parries or wastes their stamina.

I see it a lot, in particular with MLGS, Claymore, MSGS or Great scythe. Pretty much what sparkly says any weapon with a big swing arc, they normally try to run past and dead angle with the wide swings. It just looks bloody stupid to me.

And good vid.
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 am

You're welcome, keep it up. happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Jansports wrote:Maybe you can explain to me this phenomenom of people unlocking and running in circles, clearly out of range of any possible attack from either player. I've noticed it in recent uploads to youtube and also while PvPing. And I always just kinda chuck arrows at em or just walk around and wait. I think I've been surprised by like 2 running attacks off this technique, otherwise it just gets me sweet parries or wastes their stamina.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I keep seeing it and it's never shown me personally to be an effective tactic for accomplishing anything.

I can only talk for myself but I use it to lure opponent for attacking so I can punish that and so far it has worked out really well. Also when you approach your opponent in more complicated way than just running straight forward you are way harder to predict and also it's way easier to take advantage of backstep if you are unlocked if you planning on moving some other direction than straight backwards happy
    Phaerus

Post by Phaerus Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Woot! Thanks for the upload.

It was nice to catch you in your stream the other day.  Thanks for sharing these duels with us to watch and learn.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:16 am

I suppose that makes sense in regards to the specific weapons mentioned. As of late I find myself using a bow more often than a sword so I've not personally  been baited into approaching anything. And I guess that It hasn't worked particularly well against me has caused me to not give it a try myself.

I'll keep all that in mind however when I'm using a weapon with particularly good running or backstep attacks, it's probably quite nasty with the sudden burst of range you could get with a Katana or Rapier. Though I'd really like to catch someone with a pancaking smash from say a Zwei or UGH.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Phaerus wrote:Woot! Thanks for the upload.

It was nice to catch you in your stream the other day.  Thanks for sharing these duels with us to watch and learn.

Oh, hello man! I didn't know you are here also :)thank you for stopping by at my stream~
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Jansports wrote:I suppose that makes sense in regards to the specific weapons mentioned. As of late I find myself using a bow more often than a sword so I've not personally  been baited into approaching anything. And I guess that It hasn't worked particularly well against me has caused me to not give it a try myself.

I'll keep all that in mind however when I'm using a weapon with particularly good running or backstep attacks, it's probably quite nasty with the sudden burst of range you could get with a Katana or Rapier. Though I'd really like to catch someone with a pancaking smash from say a Zwei or UGH.

Be sure to check out the next episode of Juutas Must Die and you see some epic pancake action  thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:00 pm