Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Failed Summonings?

Sines
    Casual
    Casual

Failed Summonings? Empty Failed Summonings?

Post by Sines Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 pm

So, after three attempts as a phantasm, I'm ready to go after my own Gaping Dragon. So, I return to the bonfire, make sure my summoning sign is erased, and get ready to summon my own help. I even found some Sunlight Signs, so I can get more sunlight medals, huzzah!

"Summoning Failed"

Huh... okay, lets try another one.

"Summoning Failed"

What?

After several attempts to summon several people, I find I can't summon anyone, even though I had just been summoned myself. A failed summon doesn't even get rid of the last sign. It's still there, and I can try (and fail) again. After a couple of resets of the game itself, I'm now not pulling ANY summon signs, and I have no idea why.

I'm running the DSC mod, which is supposed to simply alter priority, grabbing your friends first, before trying to grab random people. I tried disabling it (Changing the dllwrapper target to 'none' instead of dscfix.dll) and restarting, but still no luck. I re-enabled it and restarted, and I still get nothing. Right now, I can only see NPC summoning signs (Does summoning Solaire get you a Sunlight Medal?)

Anyone know whats going on or what I can try? I am suffering from a severe shortage of Jolly Cooperation.
    Sines
    Casual
    Casual

Failed Summonings? Empty Re: Failed Summonings?

Post by Sines Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:47 pm

For reference, I can still see orange soapsign messages, and even got a new one while waiting for a response to this, so I'm not likely offline.

Heck, while waiting to figure this out, I put down my own summon sign and got summoned. When I got back, there was a new orange message, but no summoning sigils. I tried making and erasing mine, just to be certain, and still nothing. Something is up here, I think.

Oh, and probably unrelated, but there are times when I can't use my white soapstone or bonfires for a few minutes, at which point I can then use them without any clear reason for not working previously. Even if that has nothing to do with my summoning problems, I'd appreciate the explanation.

Last edited by Sines on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Summoning in this game is quite messed up, especially on the PC. If it simply won't work, you can try quitting the game and reloading, then waiting a couple of minutes will reset which signs you see. Just keep trying until you get it.

And yes, summoning Solaire grants you a Sunlight Medal, but he must be alive when the boss dies.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:23 am

Sines wrote:For reference, I can still see orange soapsign messages, and even got a new one while waiting for a response to this, so I'm not likely offline.

Heck, while waiting to figure this out, I put down my own summon sign and got summoned. When I got back, there was a new orange message, but no summoning sigils. I tried making and erasing mine, just to be certain, and still nothing. Something is up here, I think.

Oh, and probably unrelated, but there are times when I can't use my white soapstone or bonfires for a few minutes, at which point I can then use them without any clear reason for not working previously. Even if that has nothing to do with my summoning problems, I'd appreciate the explanation.
    Someone was trying to invade you when the bf goes inactive ( you cannot sit at it). Same when you lay your WSS and it do not show to you. If you don't get invaded, they got an invasion failed message.

I always make sure all the ports are port forwarded on my modem/router. Sony sent me an email with all the numbers and there is instructions online. The port forwarding seemed to help, but I get failed summons from time to time.  Darn Verizon DSL.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 am

What sl r u?  Maybe someone here ( me ) could try and co-ordinate a summons.
    Sines
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sines Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 am

I can't recall. I think I'm close to 40 now. I had used the souls I earned as a phantasm to hit my last stat requirement of 30 faith (for Sunlight Sword and Greater Lightning Spear), so I increased it quite a bit.

Anyway, I'm not sure about port forwarding... I doubt we have ports blocked, and both mine and my roomates computer will want it. Also, we've played together with the 'friends first' mod, so the game does seem to be functioning through the router just fine, unless it can spot and utilize local connections, which I doubt.
    Exclusive
    Exclusive
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exclusive Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Happens to me a lot as well. I was trying to beat the Four Kings and some guy placed his summon sign for me, took me about 10 tries just to summon him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 am