Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
reim0027
Tolvo
RANT
Mike-Lassen
Soltaire's Child
SlakeMoth
10 posters

I thought Sunbro's were there to help

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I thought Sunbro's were there to help Empty I thought Sunbro's were there to help

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 am

Summoned a Sunbro last night to help with the Ornstein & Smough fight. Made our way to the top of the stairs and I helped him sort out all the giant guards between us and the fog door (I used my Divine Avelyn + 10 because after being backstabbed several times here I decided to keep my distance). Anyways he ran up the stairs on the left to finish off the archer and then he just stood there. I gestured him to come down, then we were invaded and he just quit. Why would he do that? Maybe he didn't want to help fight the invader but I was very disappointed because he wasn't exactly underpowered. He was wearing Smough's armour and toting his hammer too.

Like my post says, I thought the whole point of being a Sunbro was to help other players in sticky situations. Seems I was wrong. Oh and I got backstabbed to death again. Looks like I'll be fighting Orny and Smough single handed again. Sigh.
    Soltaire's Child
    Soltaire's Child

I thought Sunbro's were there to help Empty Re: I thought Sunbro's were there to help

Post by Soltaire's Child Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 am

maybe he disconnected, it just happened to be at that moment, cuz it looks like he helped then went still
    Mike-Lassen

I thought Sunbro's were there to help Empty Re: I thought Sunbro's were there to help

Post by Mike-Lassen Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 am

Did you see him kneel to use the black crystal? If not, it's likely that he just get a disconnection from the network.

If he was waiting at the small plateau with Solaire's summon sign, he may have wanted to direct your attention at the summon sign.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:44 am

sunbros suck, they used to be better before the patch, now everyone joins just for the miracles.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 am

No he didn't kneel, I just got a message saying he'd gone home, so maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

In the Sunbro's defence, the previous two I've summoned in this area have acquitted themselves well. It was me who failed by getting too close to invaders and getting backstabbed. I really must practice and get better at melee.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:04 am

To me that sounds like a network error, though that was some pretty harsh luck. Sunbro's are pretty much the same as anyone else I've noticed lately. The only time I will summon them is if I'm being a sunbro myself and want a medallion. Otherwise I usually stick to a white phantom. Especially after my experience as a forest invader I've been finding it difficult to look at Sunbros as much of an ally.
    Mike-Lassen

Post by Mike-Lassen Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 am

I had the same experience. I was a sunbro at first. Then I joined the forest hunters, and after that I have lost any desire to join the sunbros or summon them. I never summon people with masks either..
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 am

If he was waiting up top there, he may have wanted to show you the Giant blacksmith and unlock the gate to him.

But, if he just disappeared, then it was probably a network issue.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah I've been on the opposite side of this -- running along and then suddenly you get a message that you've disconnected from the host even though they didn't use the crystal or anything.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:56 am

Yea this kinda thing sucks a lot, hate it when my work comes to nothing and i get disconnected :|
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 am

Happened to me a couple times last night. When it happens the helper gets a 'session lost' message.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 am

Sunbro covenant was the only one I was in, until I got sick of the lag and incompetent hosts and went back to Demon's Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 am