Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
LunarFog
jimmyc0341
PaPaSmVrf
TheMeInTeam
xenon_nobelium
Jovias-86
AnCapaillMor
robsthedon
SadPanda
Raijinilli
Saturday-Saint
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
Carphil
ICEFANG
RANT
skarekrow13
reim0027
Jansports
IV_Mark_VI
Aigaios
25 posters

The most underrated weapons in DkS

Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

The most underrated weapons in DkS Empty The most underrated weapons in DkS

Post by Aigaios Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 pm

What in your opinion is the top most underrated weapon that has a good PvP potential but is not used enough and do you think there is any big reasons that is is underrated?

I myself think that the Darksword is by far one of the most underrated/unused weapons in DkS, it looks amazing, both its R1 and R2 attacks are really unique and effective, it does decent damage and yet i see no one using it exept for me.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The most underrated weapons in DkS Empty Re: The most underrated weapons in DkS

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Uchi.  No one ever uses this.  Ever.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Hand Axe. It's a great strength gem that seems to be overlooked almost all the time because it doesn't stunlock like other weapons of it's class (it swings much faster and reasonably does less poise damage than other weapons in it's class) It doesn't have a whiff animation and really on a per hit basis compared to it's swingspeed it's very similar to say a curved sword when 2handed only it's main scaling is in Str. With one of the most common complaints about Strength weapons being their weight and slow swing speed I would think Things like the Hand Axe and Reinforced Club would be more popular as they are the exceptions to this, but I rarely them used.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Reinforced has a big issue with the miss delay and the short range of it's attacks.  Combined with lag, its a recipe for disaster unless you're fishing or have little lag and can use it effectively.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:25 pm

What? Reinforced Club is great. Especially at lower levels. I do agree about the range though. It kinda sucks.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Priscilla's dagger. Insanely fast hits with almost no stamina use. Best stab and weave weapon in the game. Lack of a critical increase on a dagger means the usual dagger crowd writes it off as backstabbing isn't anything special
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 pm

It also has some nasty bleed. Too bad it builds up so slow.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah. I don't even consider that a plus to be honest. So hard to trigger. Back before the ninja handspring nerf, I would have my black iron on with a great scythe. Take things slow. Get them used to the waltz. Then change to that and dart in and out chipping. Most tanks ignore hits in the 70-90 range. Too bad they can't multiply by six or seven fast enough to see how much damage I was really doing
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 pm

the reg scythe, yeah it has been getting a lot of use lately but it was one of the best kept secrets for  awhile, better than the great scythe in every way, ar and crits.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Excellent answers so far, very interesting.

Rant I will upvote you when I can for that.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

GSoA

Poor beauty, both overrated by newbies, and underrated by "pros"

What it lacks in damage, it makes up for its charm, longhiperphantomrange and, and... Well its a good weapon!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:41 pm

The Dagger.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Chaos blade. Really I never face a player with this weapon. It is great, powerful and the cons are minor for the pros of it.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm

The Great Scythe arguably has a better moveset than the Scythe depending on who you ask, so I can't say the Scythe is 100% better. But I do love it, and it did used to be unheard of. When I told people I was using the Scythe most assumed I meant the great scythe and were taken aback by the regular scythe.

I also recently have seen very little of the Halberd, which is a wonderful weapon on the right build.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Jansports wrote:

I also recently have seen very little of the Halberd, which is a wonderful weapon on the right build.

I must say, I normally suck with any other weapon than swords/Gswords, but the regular Halberd was one of the best weapons I ever used. Tons of fun in PVP. And it was more interesting because almost no one used it back then
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Honorable mention from my arsenal:

Gargoyle Tail Ax. Incredibly wonky moves make this a quick addition to the bottomless box for many players meaning they have little to no experience with it. Particularly fighting one. Low weight with better than expected guard break. I imagine getting stun locked by one of these for the first time can be a little surprising.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Everyone twitch uses the halberd.
    @the scythe is better in everything but the moveset which is just a matter of preference.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:16 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Chaos blade. Really I never face a player with this weapon. It is great, powerful and the cons are minor for the pros of it.
    This makes no sense to me. When I think of weapons that are widely agreed upon as one of the best, Chaos Blade is the first thing that comes to mind.

Anyways, Greatbow is a sleeping giant. In the hundreds (thousands?) of hours I've spent playing the game, I've seen people pull out a Greatbow on me like... 2? 3 times? But IMO Greatbow builds may be among the most dangerous things out there.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:23 am

You guys have not seen the xbox side then if you say the chaos blade is not underrated. I use it but I rarely, if ever, face a guy who uses it. When it comes to katanas the general weapon is uchi. I really get asked about what it is from hosts I kill as they face it. One guy seemed hesitant to use it for the 25 hp drain per hit effect. It is a good weapon though to use.
    Raijinilli
    Raijinilli

Post by Raijinilli Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:You guys have not seen the xbox side then if you say the chaos blade is not underrated. I use it but I rarely, if ever, face a guy who uses it. When it comes to katanas the general weapon is uchi. I really get asked about what it is from hosts I kill as they face it. One guy seemed hesitant to use it for the 25 hp drain per hit effect. It is a good weapon though to use.

Chaos Blade is one of the strongest weapons in the game unbuffed easily, which makes it one of the best weapons period at lower levels.  Absolutely excellent for sl55 builds for the forest or anything really until like level 80+, after that it starts to lose out to buffs.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 am

Raijinilli wrote:Chaos Blade is one of the strongest weapons in the game unbuffed easily, which makes it one of the best weapons period.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 am

Like I said I love the chaos blade and use it often but I hardly ever face someone else with it in PvP. I don't know why.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 am

No one has mentioned the
    Spoiler:
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 am

Bastard sword, idk, but I heard it's the best GS. I've yet to try.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:51 am

Surprised at the chaos blade, i see it a lot, the only time i don't see a katana user use it is when they buff.

Halberd for me, use it quite a bit myself but rarely come against it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:44 am