Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
RANT
Black_Knight_Leon
Akatik
7 posters

OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant?

Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant? Empty OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant?

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 am

B scaling in Str and an A scaling in Faith? This is perfect for my str/faith build, currently I have 34 str and 34 faith, I'm taking this guy up to 50 faith by SL 120 (even though he's not a dedicated pvp build).

Geez, at SL 120, the Grant is the most powerful weapon I have, much more powerful than the GSoA. Sure I'll have to two hand it, but it seems like the perfect boss killer/PvP weapon. And who really needs shields with most bosses? I can't wait to take on the 4 Kings with this beast.

Sorry for the ramblings, I'm excited.
    Black_Knight_Leon
    Black_Knight_Leon

OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant? Empty Re: OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant?

Post by Black_Knight_Leon Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 am

The grant requires timing due to it's speed; GSoA however is faster and it's still better for bosses. I won't argue about 2H strong attacks because grant wins hands down.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant? Empty Re: OMG, why haven't I been using the Grant?

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 am

Gotcha.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm

i love that thing but when i tried it in pvp i wasnt impressed damage wise, i was my paladin build, i have 50 str and 30 faith, the reason i got my str to 50 was because i wanted to use the rolling r1 which is awesome for great hammers like the demon great hammer(another one of my fave weapons). its a lot better for pve with those stats though, im still gonna use for pvp for the awesome factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSBdXTfjTNE&feature=youtu.be
    the last fight is me
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i love that thing but when i tried it in pvp i wasnt impressed damage wise, i was my paladin build, i have 50 str and 30 faith, the reason i got my str to 50 was because i wanted to use the rolling r1 which is awesome for great hammers like the demon great hammer(another one of my fave weapons). its a lot better for pve with those stats though, im still gonna use for pvp for the awesome factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSBdXTfjTNE&feature=youtu.be
    the last fight is me

just want to say that i really like your videos. it is very cool seeing true, fair pvp among skilled players. and the variety of weapons and techniques is awesome ( once you get past all of the great clubs lol).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 pm

just want to say that i really like your videos. it is very cool seeing true, fair pvp among skilled players. and the variety of weapons and techniques is awesome ( once you get past all of the great clubs lol).[/quote]

thanks dude, i alway go for looks when it comes to armor and most of the time i wear my onion helm(love that thing), and weapons wise i use the ones that look cool or the ones noone ever uses, when are you gonna join us in the FC?
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 pm

RantFromRant wrote:just want to say that i really like your videos. it is very cool seeing true, fair pvp among skilled players. and the variety of weapons and techniques is awesome ( once you get past all of the great clubs lol).

thanks dude, i alway go for looks when it comes to armor and most of the time i wear my onion helm(love that thing), and weapons wise i use the ones that look cool or the ones noone ever uses, when are you gonna join us in the FC?[/quote]

I'd like to, just need to improve my pvp skills. btw, can i get a recommendation on a good pvp covenant? DM or DW?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Meh, the factor of faith does not help the grant. As you can use the grant and its usages, the 2Handed Miracle is slow (not as slow as Dragon Great Axe), and damages the weapon severely every use, like any other weapon that follows such magic powers. Even more so, the attack power of the Grant is lacked by the 2Handed Factor as well.

Now a +15 demon great Hammer and Sunlight Blade, with a miracle of 50? 600+400 = 1000 damage, but it is more so added to the fact that two-handing increases the damage amount by a percentage. Also the factor in which it has lightning damage, as well as many enemies are resistant to magic (and many are not even affected by divine), it can be said that the pure form of wood and electricity removes the factor of the Grant. As well, the Moveset and Speed are greater than most Great hammers, even the Large Club with certain attacks. The Stunlock and clobbering of the hammer is also spectacular.

Try it, and see for yourself. Try the two, both +15 DGH with Sunlight, and +5 Grant. As a Faith and Strength User, I recommend you try it and see for yourself. you might like it, friend.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 pm

i hate to say it since i hate them but i'd go with dm for the dmb spell, its stronger than slb(which is what i use) when youre rank 3 on the covenant. and dont worry about skill, FC is just for good fun dude, no one really cares about getting owned, and if you do you can only get better.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 pm

like acidic said, dgh with slb is stronger than grant and a little lighter too, the grant one handed rolling attack does about 300 and the dgh with slb does around 600. i know this after testing it on FC, against all kinds of builds.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 pm

I know, I am jsut giving advice.

The Darkmoon Blade... I despise the darkmoon, so I reside with the sun. Plus, the DMB also uses magic instead of lightning. Their are more resistant enemies to magic than electricity, so i sue lightning.

Just giving him a showcase from a Strength/Faith user. I also use pyromancies, but that is only for the surges and mists.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 pm

When my guy hits lvl 120, I'll be interested in joining the FC.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:06 pm

I would also like to partake in some FC action once I hit 120, 98 atm.
    sethdallen

Post by sethdallen Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm

This looks like great fun, would love to join up. I am probably a few weeks from 120 with my main, and I havent PvP'd much at all.

Please excuse me, but what does FC stand for? **figured out it's Fight Club!**
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 pm

fight club(not to be confused with football club)
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Although Dark Souls FC would be a pretty sweet team.

Well, as long as we have mimics on the squad.

But on topic, I was making a normal greatsword to make into a SLB heavy hitter, that should be better than the grant when buffed.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Akatik wrote:Although Dark Souls FC would be a pretty sweet team.

But on topic, I was making a normal greatsword to make into a SLB heavy hitter, that should be better than the grant when buffed.

its deff better than grant, i have an slb zwei build n its pretty awesome, it has 50 faith cause its alse a support priest when i co op(i use the princess miracles). make sure you dont waste on dex though and only have 27 str, no more.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:05 pm

this is very similar to my toon
    http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=Q2xlcmljLDEyMCw0MCwxNiw0MCwyNywxMCwxMSw4LDUw
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:01 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Akatik wrote:Although Dark Souls FC would be a pretty sweet team.

its deff better than grant, i have an slb zwei build n its pretty awesome, it has 50 faith cause its alse a support priest when i co op(i use the princess miracles). make sure you dont waste on dex though and only have 27 str, no more.

I'm still messing around with my main guy, I have other characters that I made here and there. He started off as a pure str/faith build, but then I got interested in the GSoA, so my build is a little too unfocused to be a SL 120 PvP build. I mean, I could take him to PvP, but I fear my low vit and end are going to really hurt me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm