Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

shield protection

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

shield protection Empty shield protection

Post by Micha369 Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello folks,

what shild protects really from the black phantom skeletons jumping attack?
    I have the dark silver shild+5.

I press the L1 button but die with hp and stamina 100% up.

Then: is it possible to block bosses hits, e.g. the fat boss in 4-1? Or the mini-boss in 4-1? They one hit kill me every time!

Thanks for your help!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

shield protection Empty Re: shield protection

Post by Sentiel Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Shields in Demon's Souls don't block everything so easily like in Dark Souls.
    Dark Silver Shield has low Stability to make up for it's ability to blovk 100% Magic as well as 100% Physical.
    Try to upgrade another shield, like Knight Shield. If I remember correctly, it should be the best medium shield for blocking Physical attacks.
    Lastly, Black Skeletons are really strong, perhaps the strongest non boss enemy in the game and their jumping attack is best evaded, as it can one shot even decent builds.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:53 pm

The best way to fight a Black Skeleton is to actually bait the jumping attack. Since they very rarely open up with anything else, run straight at them and then PAST THEM, the jump will completely miss and you can just backstab them. From there you can either go for a chain combo or simply kill them while they're standing up, depending on how much damage you do.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 am

ya shields a different type of monster in demons. in some ways i like them better, but the stats could have been displayed better. like, fire res? but as stated, silver knight shield is assumed the best, but its all subjective because as youve run into its not stopping what you want. if you can go with a large shield. what your trying to do is a bit extreme for the medium shields.doable perhaps, but just strip your armor for weight sake, and use a large shield. if it works, you wont need the armor anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 am