early strength weapon

Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

early strength weapon

Post by Micha369 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello folks,

I'd like to try a strenghth build now and I'm asking myself what a strength scaling weapon might be. I'm looking for an early in the game available weapon!

Thanks for your help!

best wishes

And always keep your swords in shape!
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: early strength weapon

Post by Dibsville on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Bastard Sword is the earliest and it can be used as a makeshift until you can get the Claymore.

Last edited by Dibsville on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm dumb)

Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 pm

claymore from vendor in 1-2, crushing upgrade material from 2-1 and 2-2.
    but low level is the same as in dark: use elemental, so dragon+5 in demons (material for dragon in world 2)
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/claymore

PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    Using my Black Eye Orb:
    SC, Old Spice, CW, Old Spice, 2h DBS, bow, roll+R1, R2 while getting up -> job done
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Without any upgrading, your best bets for strength weapons throughout the early game are the Bastard Sword and the Crushing Battle Axe +1.

The Bastard Sword is only useful because you can find it in 1-1 before you beat Phalanx, though it is a great early start to getting used to 2-handing weapons since I believe none of the starting classes have enough Strength to 1-hand it.

Once you clear 1-1 though and get access to the other areas, at the very start of 2-1 you'll find the Crushing Battle Axe up by where the Scaled Miners are throwing rocks down at you from.  This is the Strength equivalent of the Crescent Falchion or the Blessed Mace, and will be quite powerful through most of the early game until you can really start upgrading weapons.

EDIT:  Another option to consider is the Great Club found about halfway through 2-1, but I'd only really recommend it if you want to continue 2-handing weapons, since the Crushing Axe is comparable in power (until you start upgrading) and you can get it earlier than the Great Club.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 am

Guillotine axe, get pbwt in 1-1 and kill Miralda.

EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 pm

robsthedon wrote:Guillotine axe, get pbwt in 1-1 and kill Miralda.

Or farm the Axe-wielding soldiers for hours.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 am

wow, that is cool. I now have a Dragon Claymore +3! Really nice tool! Kills those black kantana skeletons in one backstab and the Ministers with 3 good hits.

And always keep your swords in shape!
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:18 pm

FYI, Dragon in Demon's  = Fire in Dark, so there's no scaling going on there. Skeles are weak to fire and blunt, and I think the Fat Officials are also weak to fire. If you wanna go strength, carry a hammer of any kind around for enemies like skeletons, they scale nicely with strength and do blunt damage. As was mentioned before, Crushing is a great upgrade path for strength, it decreases base damage and other scaling and ups the scaling with Strength. Consider upgrading the Crushing Battle Axe+1 you find in 2-2 further.

Lastly, when it comes to favourites, I love the Mirdan Hammer and bringing it up to the Crushing path makes it a force to be reckoned with. Mirdan Hammer has the moveset of the Halberd but does blunt damage. Truly an amazing weapon. If you wanna up the damage you could buff it with Sticky White Stuff or Curse Weapon.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 pm