Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Journey To The Nexus

Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Journey To The Nexus Empty Journey To The Nexus

Post by Dogwelder Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:59 am

Does anyone have any theories on where / when the Journey To The Nexus tutorial takes place in regards to the rest of the game? Is there any evidence that points to something, or is it simply a standalone tutorial area and nothing more?

This is something I've been wondering about for a while. My apologies if this has already been discussed in-depth before - if so, if someone could send me a relevant link, that would be great.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Journey To The Nexus Empty Re: Journey To The Nexus

Post by Conrack Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 am

Its your character traveling to/in Boletaria and eventually dying and becoming trapped in the nexus.  It works as both an introduction of the cursed land and a tutorial.
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 am

I know what practical purpose it serves, I meant more along the lines of the game's lore - whether people had any theories on the area in regards to that. There's not much evidence there to go on, but you never know.

Personally I'm assuming there's not much to the area beyond it being a tutorial, but I figured I'd ask what other people thought about it.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 am

Sorry Apparently I wasn't too clear with my last post. 
    The intro is, as far as I can tell, your character Physically journeying to Boletaria to fight the demons the narrator speaks of in the intro video. 
    Though I wish I could say more about the movie where your character is wading through the water, I think that is there just to show you your character you spent however long on, and I can only guess what the purpose may be.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:13 am

Well. time isn't distorted in Boletaria.  That's exclusive to Lordran, so I think the "when" is pretty safe to say it's right when you'd think it happens, aka right after you journey into the fog to start your journey.

As to the "where," it's never explicitly stated, but the first two areas are certainly reminiscent of World 1, with the archstone after the Vanguard pretty obviously leading to the depths of Stonefang mine.
    Skaggy
    Skaggy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skaggy Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:05 am

I always assumed the area where Dragon God kills you was the temple on the other side of the chasm from where you fight him in 2-3.
    The area right before that could just be an old Boletarian castle or something.
    Dogwelder
    Dogwelder
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dogwelder Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Interesting stuff.

No matter how much I play Demon's Souls, both the game and these forums are always giving me new things to think about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 pm