Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Leet
Sneezer
Ahhotep1
7 posters

Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th.

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th. Empty Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th.

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Here I am again with another reminder!  happy I am still open as to the next location for the Guerrilla warfare 2v2 Search and Destroy Event. This is our 4 month running...so, it's going good!

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t18045-guerrilla-warfare-2v2-event-search-and-destroy#350872

Location Suggestions?

big grin

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th. Empty Re: Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th.

Post by Sneezer Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Duke's comes to mind as a location. It's big, elaborate, fairly diverse, doesn't get a terrible amount of traffic, doesn't have horribly troublesome enemies, and it's a warp location to boot. I think it'd be a fine place for this.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th. Empty Re: Guerrilla Warfare 2v2 Event Next One Is Aug 17th.

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Sneezer wrote:Duke's comes to mind as a location. It's big, elaborate, fairly diverse, doesn't get a terrible amount of traffic, doesn't have horribly troublesome enemies, and it's a warp location to boot. I think it'd be a fine place for this.

As for Duke's...
    Other then being multi-level (inside) it's too linear and renders few places to set up traps and ambushes. Lock-on range is messed up, too. The forest outside, though not linear, again, affords very little in the way of environmental opportunities or challenges.
    The Crystal Cave...again, same issues. As well as putting a huge disadvantage on the White Team.
    Thanks Sneezer for the suggestion, however! Another idea?big grin

Right now (in the thread) most are leaning toward Anor Londo (after the archers). I am not too worried about random vaders since we can block them as they show if necessary.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I'll try to make it. Please remind me Otep! Anor Londo would be cool. Blighttown would work. The catacombs could be very interesting.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:44 am

TooLeet wrote:I'll try to make it. Please remind me Otep! Anor Londo would be cool. Blighttown would work. The catacombs could be very interesting.

Catacombs were a raging success!! Probably the best event location so far.
    Event was in Btown June 15th. But it will be there again.

I am working on some event mechanics changes that were highlighted during the Btown event. So a re-visit is definitely in the works at some point in the near future.

Also, the DLC is definitely on the table for consideration. I am not concerned with consistent random vader interruptions since we can simply begin blocking "nuisance" vaders. Then unblock them after event.

big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 am

It would seem that Event veterans are requesting a re-visit of the Painted World...where the event kicked off! People had a blast and there were a lot of goods times had there. I will be retaining the event roster but it will be put into a spoiler (for tracking purposes mainly).

So if you are interested (even if you had signed up before)...post here or in the Event Thread! Thanks! big grin

Event is July 13th. Starts at 9am (CST) and ends (pm (CST). I will confirm event location this Monday.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:05 am

Tomb of the Giants. A place filled with small pathways, different levels, and easy ambushing. It would make even the most experienced Dark Souls player stressed with wondering where the enemy is.

Blighttown rafters. Confusing place that a simply kick could very much decide life or death.

Though I do think painted world would be best. Impossible to tell if people are far away due to the way that place works, and many places to set up ambushes.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:52 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Tomb of the Giants. A place filled with small pathways, different levels, and easy ambushing. It would make even the most experienced Dark Souls player stressed with wondering where the enemy is.

Blighttown rafters. Confusing place that a simply kick could very much decide life or death.

Though I do think painted world would be best. Impossible to tell if people are far away due to the way that place works, and many places to set up ambushes.

TotG...So true SirArchmage!big grin

Btown...only an "area awareness blind" player will get simply kicked. LOL But, interestingly enough...it is an uncomfortable...even scary place for some I discovered. Though, peeps who have been with the event from the start found it uniquely challenging and fun.

PW is where the event first started...and it seems (so far) most want to re-visit. Makes sense, really. The first event was new for everyone (including me). Now we have 4 events behind us and those who have stuck with the event have learned much since. They are unusually, and energetically enthusiastic about a PW re-visit!  lol!

"...wondering where the enemy (red team) is" Your right!! It is part of the Event Mechanics. Red Team has the initial advantage "head-start" wise. Plus the inherent advantage of being RSS and vader. They hide, flank, trap and ambush! However, a cunning White Team that works as a team can "turn the tables". That's also apart of the challenge...out thinking the Red Team and taking most of their "advantage" away! twisted

Hope ya sign up SirArchmage!! And Thanks for the input!!

@ TooLeet...got ya covered!winking
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

I had some personal stuff to take care of so I fell behind on my "to do list"...Updates and edits will be forthcoming as soon as possible! big grin

Next event is July 13th (9am CST to 9pm CST).
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Bumpity-Bump.....

Event Thread has been edited.

Past Host and Participant Roster has been put into a "spoiler". So, if you want to participate you do need to post and sign up again. Also, indicate if you wish to be a Host and provide console and game name.

I decided to not add additional limitations to the rules for the time being. I am hoping that the magic spamming and several other issues will not occur again. All past events ran fine without any abuses. So I will not penalize the event with additional rules because of one event. I'll see what happens with the next event.

This is a "thinking" event that can move very fast and where cunning and team work can turn any disadvantage into an advantage or, at the very least, neutralize the disadvantage.. It really isn't about "unfair disadvantages". It is about being clever and out smarting (out thinking) the other team...pure and simple. twisted

Nearly every single participant has made this event not only fun but also challenging!! I hope to see that level of participation again!! big grin

SO GIVE IT A SHOT!

!!SIGN UP!!

The Event is July 13th

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Event Thread has been edited.

Past Host and Participant Roster has been put into a "spoiler". So, if you want to participate you do need to post and sign up again. Also, indicate if you wish to be a Host and provide console and game name.

I decided to not add additional limitations to the rules for the time being. I am hoping that the magic spamming and several other issues will not occur again. All past events ran fine without any abuses. So I will not penalize the event with additional rules because of one event. I'll see what happens with the next event.

This is a "thinking" event that can move very fast and where cunning and team work can turn any disadvantage into an advantage or, at the very least, neutralize the disadvantage.. It really isn't about "unfair disadvantages". It is about being clever and out smarting (out thinking) the other team...pure and simple. twisted

Nearly every single participant has made this event not only fun but also challenging!! I hope to see that level of participation again!! big grin

SO GIVE IT A SHOT!

!!SIGN UP!!

The Event is July 13th

Sorry about the double post but for some reason my new post failed to bump it up. lol
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Reminder Bump winking 
    jewfrozack
    jewfrozack

Post by jewfrozack Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Posted in your other thread.
    Looks fun as hell
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:20 pm

jewfrozack wrote:Posted in your other thread.
    Looks fun as hell

Welcome aboard!! Added you to the roster as well as your buddy!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Yep. me again! big grin 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Event is This Saturday!! big grin

Update: Drop Zone has been changed. It is in King Jeremiah's area. Go to the right. Drop in front of the wall that conceals the pyro scroll: Acid Surge.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am

Event is this Saturday @ 9am (CST) in the Painted World!!

Sign-Up for some FUN!!

thumbs up 

Don't forget to equip "Fall Control", "Fog Ring", and "Chameleon".

devil 

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Practice Runs at Painted World for the Guerrilla Event Tonite at 7:30pm cst. big grin
    We will be using the Event General Chatango

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 am

Practice runs again today at 5pm (cst) for any who are interested! twisted 
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Dont 4get this event is on 2morrow i dont know the time but check out the original thread u can find in the cov section of the forums, hope 2 see lots show up
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:09 pm

RedneckChamp
    RedneckChamp

Post by RedneckChamp Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

I would love to join you all.  I can't be there for practice but I would love to join on PC tomorrow for the event.  I am known as RedneckChamp88 online so hopefully I will see some of you then.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:56 am

RedneckChamp wrote:I would love to join you all.  I can't be there for practice but I would love to join on PC tomorrow for the event.  I am known as RedneckChamp88 online so hopefully I will see some of you then.

Added to roster Redneck and welcome!

Please make sure that you are familiar with the OP (original post: first couple pages of the event thread).

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t18045-guerrilla-warfare-2v2-event-search-and-destroy#350872
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:04 am

Event begins TODAY!!

at 9am (CDT)

At the Painted World!!

Come Join Us for Devilish Fun!

Also, as a reminder next Guerrilla Warfare Event is scheduled for August 17th!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:03 am

EVENT BEGINS NOW

The Chats

The General Guerrilla Chat

"For Organizing and Socializing!!"

The White Team Chat

"For Planning and Strategizing!"

The Red Team Chat

"For Planning and Strategizing!"

thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 am