Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats Empty DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats

Post by retro Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:14 pm

This sounds pretty cool. I'm unable to use it (PS3-only here), but I figure it's a valuable resource for those playing on PC. It should be known that there's a malicious hack on PC that has become very popular within the last week or so. The hack has been around for a bit longer, but r/darksouls is now having several threads a day about it:

Other players can permanently drain your stats without lowering your level. If you had a specific build in mind, this essentially ruins your entire playthrough. Don't assume it won't happen to you. If you play online on PC, it's been happening to more and more people recently.

Your first defense against hackers should always be backing up your saves. This cannot be stressed enough. If you play online, you risk having your character ruined, along with other potential risks like having bosses, blacksmiths, and NPCs killed that you wanted alive. You can manually backup your saves, or automate it with DSFix.

However, to address the stat draining issue specifically, a mod has been released that freezes your stats. It was initially released as a script for use with the Cheat Engine, but similar to the rules here, you're not allowed to link to CE. To remedy this, statfix has been turned into a standalone program so there's no risk of abuse.

link to discussion thread and download links
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats Empty Re: DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats

Post by Carphil Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Wow, this is serious stuff! If something like that ever happens in PS3 I'd be very upset. I don't have on PC, but thanks for the info
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats Empty Re: DSStatFix - Standalone app for the PC version that prevents hackers from draining your stats

Post by Zyrrashijn Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:57 am

Yeah right, i ran into a hacker just yesterday. First hit with his avelyn took my humanity, first hit with his sword cursed me and took away my stats. I shrugged and loaded my backup from two minutes ago. I wonder what such people get out of this behaviour. I messaged him and asked kindly. All i got was pathetic "I want to ruin DS PvP."

Look Skyward
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:42 am

Zyrrashijn wrote:Yeah right, i ran into a hacker just yesterday. First hit with his avelyn took my humanity, first hit with his sword cursed me and took away my stats. I shrugged and loaded my backup from two minutes ago. I wonder what such people get out of this behaviour. I messaged him and asked kindly. All i got was pathetic "I want to ruin DS PvP."

Look Skyward

They must get REKT in real PvP if they are angry enough to behave like this. I'm glad they fixed this on PS3, and now there's a fix for PC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am