Greatsword of Artorious?

    Share

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:09 pm

    I see a couple people using it here and there and they seem to do a lot of damage. Has anybody used it with good results? Or have a mugen laying around with the build so i can get an idea? I think i made one previously but had no luck with it. I think the it was too big of a sacrifice to use that weapon. I could be wrong.
    avatar
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 302
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : British Colombia

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by kazumoshi on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:27 pm

    http://mmdks.com/2nvo This is something I whipped up. Pretty messy, but it would work fairly well. You're actually thinking of the abyss sword I believe. It's the one you get from the DLC, and it scales partially with humanity for an impressive 565 AR when two handed at 27/40.


    _________________
    Wave
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:30 pm

    All three Greatswords are actually pretty strong, the thing is they take major stat investment and have really bad R2s. If you fight one and it does a ton of damage, the person using it is most likely mid-rolling. If he isn't mid-rolling, you can bet he has extremely low Vitality.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:35 pm

    Doesn't look too bad but i don't like the sacrifice of the endurance and health point just for a couple more AR over the GS of Artorious. And you only get 37 poise which is poopy. This is what i was thinking.

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=406326412165671288
    avatar
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 302
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : British Colombia

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by kazumoshi on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:Doesn't look too bad but i don't like the sacrifice of the endurance and health point just for a couple more AR over the GS of Artorious. And you only get 37 poise which is poopy. This is what i was thinking.

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=406326412165671288

    Honestly, at minimum stats, both of the GSOAs do terribad damage. (You have to remember split damage will lower the damage you do)
    I would highly recommend the Abyss sword, because it's justy flat out easier to work around.
    http://mmdks.com/2nvy
    Since you wanted more poise you could meet me half way at 56? (This will let you poise through anything but the really big weapons and black flame, which you'll have. Trust me, this amount will be fine)
    I switched to the abyss greatsword because see above.
    I put in fire surge because you have no clipping attacks on you, and fire surge can help kill people with slivers of hp just rolling and dodging everything you do.


    _________________
    Wave

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:02 pm

    kazumoshi wrote:
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:Doesn't look too bad but i don't like the sacrifice of the endurance and health point just for a couple more AR over the GS of Artorious. And you only get 37 poise which is poopy. This is what i was thinking.

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=406326412165671288

    Honestly, at minimum stats, both of the GSOAs do terribad damage. (You have to remember split damage will lower the damage you do)
    I would highly recommend the Abyss sword, because it's justy flat out easier to work around.
    http://mmdks.com/2nvy
    Since you wanted more poise you could meet me half way at 56? (This will let you poise through anything but the really big weapons and black flame, which you'll have. Trust me, this amount will be fine)
    I switched to the abyss greatsword because see above.
    I put in fire surge because you have no clipping attacks on you, and fire surge can help kill people with slivers of hp just rolling and dodging everything you do.

    I like this. I'ma give this one a shot.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:12 pm

    Somethin ain't right. On the mugen it says 1 hand = 505. On my screen with 22 str and 40 dex one handed is 536. Da fuk?



    edit: nvm was 2 handing it.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:22 pm

    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Ghadis_God on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 pm

    I don't see a need to build around it at a normal level, just slap it on a high level build with 50 in every stat and have fun with it.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:38 pm

    Why not build it at a normal level and have fun with it?

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:58 pm

    2nd time today i found a weapon i love using. Abyss Greatsword = not half bad.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Carphil on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:Why not build it at a normal level and have fun with it?

    because this is not a build cap sword


    its a PVE/PVP "Keep leveling Up" sword


    its not meant for normal builds, with high stats, it becomes one of the most powerful swords, but in terms of damage, its still not the best.

    however, this swords has something that other greatswords lacks: range. its possible to easily kite people in PVP unless they have a DWGR


    This is my original build, and probably the very first GSoA build (patch 1.1)

    http://mmdks.com/1rgj


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 347
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2013-01-15

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by xenon_nobelium on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 am

    http://mmdks.com/2o2l tis what i am using. it just destroys red phantoms (slvl 120 and lower) but also has meant the end for some lvl710 punks.
    p.s.: lol Carphil... calling that an build is like calling superman an average person ;P

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:59 am

    Carphil wrote:
    Bleeding_Katana wrote:Why not build it at a normal level and have fun with it?

    because this is not a build cap sword


    its a PVE/PVP "Keep leveling Up" sword


    its not meant for normal builds, with high stats, it becomes one of the most powerful swords, but in terms of damage, its still not the best.

    however, this swords has something that other greatswords lacks: range. its possible to easily kite people in PVP unless they have a DWGR


    This is my original build, and probably the very first GSoA build (patch 1.1)

    http://mmdks.com/1rgj


    I have a level 600+ build i use it on. Just figured it's a cool sword so why not use it at a low level. I ended up using an abyss greatsword instead and capped the build at 130 to get the most AR out of it. Doesn't really make a difference considering darkwraiths invade up.

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:00 am

    xenon_nobelium wrote:http://mmdks.com/2o2l tis what i am using. it just destroys red phantoms (slvl 120 and lower) but also has meant the end for some lvl710 punks.
    p.s.: lol Carphil... calling that an build is like calling superman an average person ;P


    That's a lower level version of what i ended up doing. 27 str and 40 dex for the most AR but i pumped vit to 40 and end to 45 or something like that.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Carphil on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:37 am

    xenon_nobelium wrote:http://mmdks.com/2o2l tis what i am using. it just destroys red phantoms (slvl 120 and lower) but also has meant the end for some lvl710 punks.
    p.s.: lol Carphil... calling that an build is like calling superman an average person ;P

    Its supposed to make the GSoA damage comparable to most greatswords builds at 120-225 range.

    The minimum SL to use it 147


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:54 am

    It does enough damage for me to at least 15 matches in a row in the burg (besides gankers) so it works for me. One of my favorite swords regardless of this made up "minimum SL level to use this sword" thing goin on.
    avatar
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 302
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : British Colombia

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by kazumoshi on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:57 pm

    Bleeding_Katana wrote:It does enough damage for me to at least 15 matches in a row in the burg (besides gankers) so it works for me. One of my favorite swords regardless of this made up "minimum SL level to use this sword" thing goin on.

    I agree with this. The "minimum" level is really just the stat requirements to use the weapon.


    _________________
    Wave
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by SirArchmage on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:51 am

    Bit late to the party, but as an avid user of this sword, I must say that it is by far one of the most satisfying swords to use in the game. It is glorious. The range on it is just beastly as well. And I made you two builds with the greatsword. One of them is an Artorias cosplay, and the other a build most suited for the sword.

    Artorias cosplay: http://mmdks.com/2ok8

    And a more reasonable build. Can easily change the intelligence for more health, if one wishes, though I felt only having dark bead sucked when you had that much dexterity. http://mmdks.com/2okc


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha

    Bleeding_Katana
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Bleeding_Katana on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:57 am

    Not bad. But yeah, hands down one of my favorite swords in the game. Awesome reach, does reasonable damage (doesn't really matter because i've been in countless matches with it and didn't get hit once) and i love the r2's. Granted they are slow, if you catch someone slippin and hit the 1 hand R2 it's pretty awesome. And the 2 hand R2 all i do is use toxic mist so they can't see me and slam their face in the ground. Or if they're not paying attention i'll turn my back to them, unlock, take a guess where they're gonna be moving to and hit R2. Very satisfying landing that move. Awesome sword.


    edit: I was talking about the Abyss greatsword^

    Sponsored content

    Re: Greatsword of Artorious?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:00 pm