Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
bloodpixel
Carphil
DanielCdable
7 posters

PvP viable thrust weapons/Spears.

DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

PvP viable thrust weapons/Spears. Empty PvP viable thrust weapons/Spears.

Post by DanielCdable Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Getting to grips with the PvP aspect of Dark Souls, i was wondering of what recommended spears or thrust weapons i should use.

I've always loved the spears and i used the Silver Knight Spear for PvE, and killed some invaders with it to Joy

Is the Silver Knight Spear viable for PvP, is there other spear/thrust weapons which are more suited a dex build?

I would love some advice and recommendations aswell as upgrade tips. Also some tactical advice for spear users would be much appreciated Praise the Sun
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

PvP viable thrust weapons/Spears. Empty Re: PvP viable thrust weapons/Spears.

Post by Carphil Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Hmm the pike has the longest range of all spears but have only B dex scaling. Actually, every spear have only B scaling. Dragonslayer spear is also very good but you need a total dedicated build to make it worth using.

If you're a mage or faith user you can try to make a enchanted/occult pike, partizan or winged spear, that will greatly scale with your INT or Faith. If you seek the int build you can also use the moonlight butterfly horn

The demon spear is also very interesting to use in off hand, it has a decent lightning damage but poor scaling
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Ricards rapier.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:12 pm

I love spear in every sense of the word. They are amazing weapons for pvp if you know how to use them right. I would suggest the partizan, my current fav spear, for its capacity to sweep a full 180 degree in front of you, something that if time correctly can both dead angle and surprise the crap out of your enemy.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Im current using a lightning +5 pike in my offhand and im loving it.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Demon spear has the best hitbox out of all the spears, great as an off hand weapon.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree. Also, the Silver Knight's Spear is good for that too.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Ya but its dmg is a bit low compared to a fire or lightning wep. But it def has the looks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm