Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Soris Ice Goldwing
ADirtySlate
Phoenix Rising
SirArchmage
Saturday-Saint
divinebeanpole
Emergence
jaythibodeau
DemonOfFate
User1
Bowdownbe4me
17 posters

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs - Page 2 Empty Re: XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:Where do we place signs?
    If you're in the Moonlight Butterfly Forest (where the Moonlight Butterfly is, lol) and *NOT* the ganking Sif forest, then right after you pass the spot where the three trees jump you if you grab their treasure, there should be a large opening with a fairly large puddle, just beyond which is the very first Stone Giant that you can encounter. Place your signs *in* the puddle. (No need to aggro the Stone Giant. You can let him sleep tongue).
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs - Page 2 Empty Re: XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:20 pm

I figured ut was in the puddle but people change their minds sometimes. Alright thanks
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:21 pm

If we have a twitch account, can't we just create a stream but just use the chat?

Also my sign is down
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:23 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:Hey, Archmage, we have a chatango for this website, you could ask for that.
    I just joined, so I sadly knew nothing about it. I have been a member of Chatango for 6 years, so I at least know a bit about that. You or Bowdown could get the chatango thing going and I could see if I can get more people to join, unless you all don't want dozens of signs littering the place.
    The only reason I'd be wary of spreading this too far outside of our respective communities is that these types of events tend to attract the "party crashers." And the last time I joined a DkS Chatango chatroom it was half full of Gankers/trolls. (Not the type of people we'd want crashing our party).
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:25 pm

bameegatrops wrote:If we have a twitch account, can't we just create a stream but just use the chat?

Also my sign is down
    Already? I won't be hosting until 7pm EST. (I said 8pm, I know, but I may start an hour early).

It's only 4:30pm EST atm.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:28 pm

ATTENTION!

*Ahem*

I have got a chatroom link here, but it has a lot of people in it.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Chatroom

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 pm

I rather take something a bit more private. I'll still be here, you may not hear me talk for a while though.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 pm

I agree with Doris. Chatandgo can be kind of Wild West-y (nothing against the people, it's just the nature of the place) and there's so many people on there. I don't know how good a place it is for organizing events.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Best of luck with this event guys, I hope you all have a blast.

Big thankyou to bowdown for setting it up. May I ask 1 thing? Why allow grass in the middle of the fight? I have never seen this before. Once you cross blades I would think it's better to grass at your own risk. It can be hard to tell when your opponent is wanting to grass(especially if the have the grass shield etc) so it may upset people who try to grass and get hit.

Anyways have a great time, I look forward to a PS3 cross site event.

SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I could just make a quick chatango room just for the Fight Club tonight if it is too crowded. It wouldn't be good to try to communicate when there are a dozen conversations happening at once.

Also, the people I bring are honorable fighters, from what I have seen, so no worry there. Fought each of them multiple times and they all seem fairly competent with the rules of standard pvp.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Archmage, I'd say that's a better idea, to make another one.
    Be sure to link it here though.
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:52 pm

GFaqs actually has an irc chatroom that they use regularly. Everyone here would be more than welcome to join up.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/608635-dark-souls/65339619

The easiest way to get on there without downloading anything is to use "esper.net" for it's in-browser irc chat.

--
    As for the "allow grass mid-fight," that's just an odd thing that most honor duelists (from GameFaqs or even random duelists) on the 360 have gotten used to. Some people live by the "allow grass" rule. Frankly, I'd prefer that it be "use at your discretion," but the fact is that there WILL be people who grass mid fight when you would easily punish them if you desired. This was just a warning that for the most part the folks who do this will expect you to back off if they are clearly grassing.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:00 pm

I am mostly fine with using that, though if people wish for a different alternative then I made a chatroom for the event. I will probably be in both, so whichever one you choose doesn't matter.

http://dsfightclub.chatango.com/
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Im looking forward to you video of the event.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:24 pm

OOo video. Ill be on the chatango go shortly.

And fully agreed on the mid battle grassing. I don't necessarily "allow" it, but good players notice when their grass has run out, and it often just happens at the same time lol
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:27 pm

I'll be using Archmage's chat in a little bit.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:32 pm

I'll come.

I'd like to note we DON'T have anything against AoE's, but the place I was hosting fight club, we had noticed when someone cast tempest, it actually covered 100% of the entire arena. It was banned in that arena for genuinely having no counterplay. Normally we permit it.
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Rynn wrote:I'll come.

I'd like to note we DON'T have anything against AoE's, but the place I was hosting fight club, we had noticed when someone cast tempest, it actually covered 100% of the entire arena. It was banned in that arena for genuinely having no counterplay. Normally we permit it.
    I understand the reasoning. Just, in the context where bs's are allowed, AOEs in smaller arena's become a non-issue.

I look forward to seeing you there!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 pm

You could also just kick the person.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Only two hours left. Can't wait to face some of you!
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Tolvo wrote:You could also just kick the person.
    I feel like I'm nitpicking, but rapiers and curved swords don't have a kick. By the time someone would start up an AOE, you wouldn't have the time to switch weapons and kick.

Which is why I see the reasoning. I just don't agree on the "no bs" policy which leads to it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Fair enough.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Fair enough: So long as I don't see any fishers i'll enjoy the club.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Not coming. sad
    2late4me
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Rynn wrote:I'll come.

I was in that match, fire tempests eeeeeverywhere haha

And renegade, I missed u again! As soon as u got off I was ready lol Look Skyward

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm