Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A Decent Dual Wielding Build

jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A Decent Dual Wielding Build Empty A Decent Dual Wielding Build

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Since dual wielding seems to be all-the-rage this week, I figured that I might as well post my SL 100 that I've been using recently.

http://mmdks.com/233v

Basically, the whole point of it is to have weapons that help solve the other weapons weaknesses. For example, the Giant's Halberd mostly focuses on straightforward, mid-range attacks. But it is somewhat weak to close-range offensive styles. I can offset that by using a Greataxe in my left hand, since it would be a slightly faster and more powerful option to kill off those who decide to go in close.
    The broadsword is a fast and dangerous weapon, but with limited range. I can fix that by using the Zweihander's attack since it has quite a bit of range, whilst dealing more damage than the Broadsword.

Another way to look at it though, would be that all four of these weapons are meant to be used for different situations. The Halberd handles mid-range fights, the Broadsword handles fast-paced close range combat, the Greataxe breaks guards and hits hard on those foolish enough to get close, and the Zweihander covers a large radius to stop those pesky fast-rollers trying to move around me.

Ignore the armor choice. silly
    I thought it looked pretty cool, and I also like it since it hits the breakpoint for the poise needed to tank a Katana hit. big grin

I'd like some feedback on the build, or at least ideas on weapons that can be effectively used together to solve their flaws.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A Decent Dual Wielding Build Empty Re: A Decent Dual Wielding Build

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Great choice of weapons, I never thought people still used Giant's Halberd! Gotta try that
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Use it's R2 on people who like to spam running R1s. It's disgustingly devasting. Prostration

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:29 pm