Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
User1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sneezer
Marino.
XuitusTheGreat
Rynn
Railage
Emergence
Automancer
Nybbles
jaythibodeau
crbngville2
Saturday-Saint
17 posters

Dueling Is a Perfect Circle and Builds Are Just a Tool

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dueling Is a Perfect Circle and Builds Are Just a Tool - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Is a Perfect Circle and Builds Are Just a Tool

Post by Marino. Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Marino. wrote:do you seriously think you're better than everyone else
    Yes.

Marino. wrote:are you just trying to be "le epic trolle"
    I prefer to think of it as satire.
    Well, in that case .
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dueling Is a Perfect Circle and Builds Are Just a Tool - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Is a Perfect Circle and Builds Are Just a Tool

Post by Rynn Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 pm

riiiight.
    We don't need you in this community. As far as I'm concerned your invisible, and I'd suggest others do the same.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Alright, this is becoming contentious, and ambiguous when it comes to humor so let me stop everyone before we get a pissing match. Get back to discussing points/counterpoints.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 pm

I farted.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Sorry Emergence, i was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use that Video .
    I'm done here either way happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 pm

The amount of trufax is astonishing. Just saying.
    Leaving now.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I didn't ask for derailment either.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Saturday you need to work on your humor, when doing satirical jokes they need to be far more farcical so that people know they are jokes. Rather than saying From members gave you the title, you should have said a secret coven of hyper intelligent Tuna that play Counterstrike Source 24/7.

Jeez, someone needs to go to clown college obviously.

This talk does remind me a lot of dominant strategy in game design, a concept which I'm not in particular fond of. However I don't put the blame on the player when there is that strategy that dominates all, I instead consider it a mistake on the part of the developer.

Yet there is also that issue in that it wasn't reasonable for them to foresee it, that the metagame evolved in a way that uncovered it in a ridiculous way which would have required years of testing on the part of the developer.

There are builds that are indeed far more effective than the creative ones I like to use, but the reason I like to use the creative builds is so that it can feel more fresh to me. Yes playstyle will decide the feel of a battle and what goes on far more than gear does. However I see a lot of the same playstyles being used, and there is a point where mechanics come into that. For instance the backstab, it is a semi-dominant strategy based off of statistical damage it can do. While not in the same context that melting pot where the line things. A playstyle based off the mechanic heavily, and its statistical effects.

But by this point I'm rambling and probably lost my point.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Hundreds of years lol.

They never seen it coming. I don't know why the exact same concept was used for Dark Souls. There should've been an escape move added.

Back on point.

Thanks for the theoretical theories Saturday, insightful as always.

But I gotta say, this is strangely reminiscent of "Japanese know what they're doing" or whatever.

I really like how you explain certain points though. Some of your logic is sound, and other parts are not of my opinion.

Thanks for the read. I found it very interesting.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Marino. wrote:I have one question :
    What is a "High Ledgen Saturday-Saint" ?

"High ledged" as in "I stay above you" ?
    Saturday Saint wrote:High Ledgen is a title bestowed upon those of great importance within the Souls PvP community. It is the second highest title given. The highest title is First Ledgen. There is only one man to ever be given this prestigious title, and he has long since vanished into the mists of time. So for all intents and purposes, High Ledgen is the highest title given.
    Marino. wrote:I never heard of you nor heard of those silly titles and i play the souls games since day one (or at least as soon as the European version came out).
    Shows how important your title is .
    lol!
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Tolvo wrote:Saturday you need to work on your humor, when doing satirical jokes they need to be far more farcical so that people know they are jokes. Rather than saying From members gave you the title, you should have said a secret coven of hyper intelligent Tuna that play Counterstrike Source 24/7.
    I feel like jokes lose much of their value as they become more obvious. Besides, Cronotis thought it was funny
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Although it was somewhat obvious, I thought the post was fine. Sure, making builds is by no means an arduous task, but it doesn't hurt to simplify it like that. The more fleshed out the aspects of Dark Souls becomes, the better!
    (I don't mean that as literally adding to it, I mean that more so as there being more explanations about the game.)

(A few parts were a bit overkill though...)

Last edited by jaythibodeau on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 pm

No one will change him.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Marino. wrote:For me all the things you pointed out are obvious and you just "explained" them in a unnecesarily long wall of text .
    However, i don't agree with most of your points .

Meh, whatever floats your boat i guess .

I have one question :
    What is a "High Ledgen Saturday-Saint" ?

"High ledged" as in "I stay above you" ?

High Ledgen is a title bestowed upon those of great importance within the Souls PvP community. It is the second highest title given. The highest title is First Ledgen. There is only one man to ever be given this prestigious title, and he has long since vanished into the mists of time. So for all intents and purposes, High Ledgen is the highest title given.

LMAO!
    @Rynn
    Why not challenge Saint to a series of duels? I find challenging someone I have a problem with to be very cathartic. I even offer my services to host and referee. Dueling Is a Perfect Circle and Builds Are Just a Tool - Page 2 3149687655
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:46 am

Just For you Saint. Courtesy of Mac Davis.
    "I sat down and wrote me a little song.
    Now this is how it feels to be alone
    At the top of the hill and trying to figure out why

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
    When you're perfect in every way.
    I can't wait to look in the mirror

'cos I get better looking each day
    To know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man.
    O Lord it's hard to be humble
    But I'm doing the best that I can."
    lol!
    Hope to see you tonight for Friday Night Fights.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:34 pm

You do know Rynn can't challenge Saturday, right?
    There is the infamous console barrier.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

If there wasn't a console barrier I'd gladly go slap him in the face.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Everyone put your E-Penis away, you too Rynn. I think it's very un-lady-like of you. I mean literally.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm

I'd do moar than give a slap.
    I'd give the full works.
    Fear my full Giants and my annoying usage of quality weaponry.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Emergence wrote:
    This is thematically relevant. 46&2 is a bit more emergent, but this conveys accurately enough the construction of an edifice on honest dialogue.

If I had a dollar for every time someone immediately asked me to play that song upon finding out I'm a bassist I'd be rich enough to buy half of mexico.

@Saturday. You might be my new favorite person. Your greatbow build example make me so happy, it's like I discovered El Dorado
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Bass players unite. I feel your pain. In fairness I do play that line on my own often enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm