Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
User1
reim0027
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Emergence
Hatsune Miku
Dibsville
skarekrow13
DemonOfFate
13 posters

Just wanted to give everyone a round of applause.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Just wanted to give everyone a round of applause.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just wanted to give everyone a round of applause.

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Dat irrelevant contribution.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Just wanted to give everyone a round of applause.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just wanted to give everyone a round of applause.

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm

dat logical reply
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 pm

I feel far too serious to derail anything today.
    I don't want to see this thread go, could we get this to stay on the rails?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:59 pm

ok
    EVERYONE GETS AN APPLAUSE!
    YOU GET AN APPLAUSE!
    YOU GET AN APPLAUSE!
    EVERYONE GETS AN APPLAUSE!

except me...
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes please, don't derail this thread. Rynn,of course you could point something out about all of us that you don't like, that's how humans are, no one is perfect. I know i'm not perfect, hell i'm far from perfect, this i know. Achieving perfectness is impossible, that i know for certain. But trying to improve yourself is what counts, atleast that's how i feel about the matter.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm

I've actually, like Tolvo, been pretty open with many shortcomings. Not that Rynn (or anyone else likely) couldn't add to the list.

I'd be devastated if I was one of the ones causing great distaste to you Rynn however. Except exchange the word "devastated" for "mildly affected."

And I don't mean this as a knock on Rynn or to suggest that I'm not worried about the perception of me because neither is true. I've got a ton of respect for Rynn.

I'd say "mildly affected" to know that someone doesn't like me because I actually agree with Rynn.

I know for a fact I really cheesed off one forum member. But Rynn's right. The forum's structured (and supported by the members) for that fact to be largely irrelevant. I still think the quality of the members here is better than many...but you'd have a hard time determining if the forum is welcoming because the members are generally well meaning or if the forum members are well meaning because the forum is set up to expect and encourage it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:31 pm

While you both make great points, and both of which I can see where they are coming from, it's not as if we are forced to do anything, are we? silly

I know, for one thing, that many people here are well meaning. I have noticed, however, that they can come across wrongly. I can say I try to be helpful and well meaning to new members and other people, but I can sometimes subconsciously offend people, or take things wrongly. We all have our flaws, as Demon stated earlier, and it's possible some of us don't genuinely mean well to every single person that comes here, but if there are any, it would definitely not be the vast majority, in my opinion.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 pm

That's kind of what I hinted at toward the end. I do believe the vast majority of this forum is comprised of well meaning, good people. And definitely a lot higher rate than many other forums/communities.

And yeah, we're not forced to be nice but this forum's reaction to trolls and instigators is wildly different than most. Good example: Someone jumped on to make an inflammatory thread one time and, you'll appreciate the derail, I just started talking about cake. Enough members joined in the dedicated cake discussion that it effectively excised the troll. There's been a good number of examples of this too. And that's just the community response. The admins and mods are on point too and manage everything well.

So that's what I meant when I said, even though the forum is made of mostly awesome people, it's a chicken or the egg scenario.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 pm

That is an understandable point. I don't quite know how to word it, but I can certainly say we have had some immense reactions to anything offensive to anyone who is liked by the community, and while the most recent case of this is Rosie, which was a ridiculous case in the form of that it should never have happened, I don't use that as an example. But, I can also say we all have a caring side to us, even if our reactions can be a bit OTT occasionally. Some things are better left ignored or having the subject changed than staying on a sorrowful or hateful subject.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Skare I can't remember, was it you or I that invented the derailment defense tactic?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Rynn wrote:I have something bad I could say about nearly all of you, and there is several of you that i greatly distaste.

The difference between this forum is not the quality of the people, in my honest opinion, but the fact that we keep things like my first statement to ourself, like any conductive forum member should.

Ooh, dish! silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't know who was the first to derail a troll honestly. I might have invented the cake variant. I wanna say I had just made a birthday cake for my wife and decided that the thread in question was the best place to talk about it. If that's the case that would have been last May. I don't know if we went that long before someone invented the derail defense.

Edit: Apparently my memory regarding cake is amazing. Here's the cake one. Food talk starts on page 5. We've had worse topics since that food chat couldn't end but this one was a success.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 pm