Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

More Perspective From FG Players

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

More Perspective From FG Players Empty More Perspective From FG Players

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:24 am

Think about the most awful, annoying, cheap, broken, **** tactics in Dark Souls that you don't like. Hold that thought in your mind. Let it sink in. Then watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzY8tPP0rRY

It's like 45 minute btw (the rest is a Q&A session) but you can probably get a pretty good idea from the first 10 to 20 minutes. But you should watch the whole thing if you can. Also I think the SFxT part is probably the most important part of the video and it starts around like 24 minutes.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

More Perspective From FG Players Empty Re: More Perspective From FG Players

Post by Paragon Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 am

Im ADHD to the point where I couldn't make it past 3 minutes without losing focus my bad.

But I think your point is that your sick of people complaining about *cheap* tactics.

I used to think certain tactics were cheap but some tactics that are "cheap" actually take quite a bit of skill in order to pull off.

For example what Vega was doing is basically the Street Fighter equivalent of a Chain BS. I just recently learned how to pull off a reliable Chain BS and I gotta say its REALLY hard to do. (my record so far is three in a row, the guy was an HP gouge build and I was like level thirty in the forest when I pulled it of)

Even doing a wake up hit with WoG takes timing, really precise timing. Same with regular wake up attacks.

I used to consider a lot of stuff to be "cheap." Then I got better and realized that there were ways to counter these tactics. Now I use some of these tactics my self. SOME
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:26 pm

IME, the more experience/knowledge/skill you have, the less cheap things seem. But, I'll watch the video, when I have 45 minutes to spare (tonight). Thanks, Sat.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:15 pm

I think the reason why players complain about cheap or **** tactics is because they have yet to learn the proper methods of countering those cheap moves. Instead of just running away and quitting, just keep at it until you find a suitable method.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm