Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+78
PSneep
The-Terran
mdpenman
nandosss
phastings
JeyJeyMalkavian
Halian
los3r
igl00
PoisonCourtesan
Raikan007
Hereticool
Sym
gigamahooz
Frit
BlacSwan
chacobo
Badshot
DMax7XeL
Rollo-99
>Brave<
Dibsville
Tanklord
benny-the-jew
BluTeamWolf
laughingvixen
mankind
RANT
skarekrow13
Marionx
DrAwkward
Mihawk
Silver Mont
Argetlam350
Vintcent
Carphil
DecayedBomb
TehInfamousAmos
DemonOfFate
CaptainSunbro
Dahlia_Inosensu
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glassghost
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
crazydogtfa
lordgodofhell
Baal-Avatar
Djem
OmarTheFuzzy
cgboy
NDenizen
Framais
Emergence
VexedEnigma
Sal Paradise
mr_no_face
Sargerus
LunarFog
Myztyrio
CarverUpqik
densetsushun
Noob-of-Artorias
Halicarnassis
eminusx
Saturday-Saint
Thymos
Liudeius
Soris Ice Goldwing
vegan666
ublug
Frank_White
ResIsBestStat
Slarg232
DE5PA1R
User1
Ashran
Tolvo
BIG TIME MASTER
82 posters

Shield Design Contest

nandosss
    nandosss

Shield Design Contest - Page 27 Empty Re: Shield Design Contest

Post by nandosss Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm

igl00 wrote:
    Here are the results of an hour of tinkering (+ a bit of photoshop increasing the amount of glow of the eyes winking)

Yep, it looks really nice in game. Nice job!

I should have used Caduceus shield too, why didn't I think of that :x
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Sun May 12, 2013 11:52 pm

CaptainSunbro wrote:I'm BACK haha and I just voted on so many awesome shields!
    @phastings lovin the video nice work on that

The list has been updated with EVERYONE's since the last update point. I do ask that anyone that copy pastes the list and edit's it, please add all the shields from the last update point and check of the date you edited it or page if you do and not just a shield that you prefer. It's a community list, so NOBODY get's left behind. Thank you ^^

LIST 5/12 pg 43
    Thank you for all your work compiling! I looked through the list and voted for a great many of the designs (even ones in close competition with my own). I noticed that the skull shield was listed twice, not that it matters, but I'd thought it was worth mentioning if you wanted to remove any doubles.
    It sucks that the number 1 US shield isn't an original design. I'm hoping one of my shields will get enough votes to make the top 30... they are a long way off though.
    Good luck to all!
    Shield Design Contest - Page 27 639795459Shield Design Contest - Page 27 2905764326Shield Design Contest - Page 27 639795459
    CaptainSunbro
    CaptainSunbro

Post by CaptainSunbro Mon May 13, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks for pointing that out Heritic. And yes still a long stretch to go ^^
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 am

The list has been updated with EVERYONE's since the last update point. I do ask that anyone that copy pastes the list and edit's it, please add all the shields from the last update point and check of the date you edited it or page if you do and not just a shield that you prefer. It's a community list, so NOBODY get's left behind. Thank you ^^

LIST 5/12 pg 43

Hey thank you, Captainsunbro! Glad to hear it. I hope enough people get to see and enjoy my little video. There is definitely some excellent designs in this contest. Has anyone seen the Dark Demon shield?? Its sad because it is exceptional and all original hand drawn, but has very few votes..

Last edited by phastings on Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon May 13, 2013 4:44 am

here, im not sure who this one belongs to, but definitely deserves some love: demon dark shield https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3081
    Dahlia_Inosensu
    Dahlia_Inosensu

Post by Dahlia_Inosensu Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 am

Promo video;) made for me by my girlfriend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6OW4OQYe8&list=HL1368399073&feature=mh_lolz Hope you like it!
    igl00
    igl00

Post by igl00 Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 am

phastings wrote:here, im not sure who this one belongs to, but definitely deserves some love: demon dark shield https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3081

True, how can it have only 8 votes >.<
    igl00
    igl00

Post by igl00 Mon May 13, 2013 6:23 am

Dahlia_Inosensu wrote:Promo video;) made for me by my girlfriend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6OW4OQYe8&list=HL1368399073&feature=mh_lolz Hope you like it!

Wow, nice. You could use its back plate (where the handles are) and present it as another shield, I think it's also pretty cool big grin
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 am

LIST 5/12 pg 43

Superb work! Votey votey!
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 pm

My third shield has been finally approved!

Siren Tower Shield
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 13, 2013 1:39 pm

I've thrown some more votes out there for everyone. If nothing else, it's been awesome seeing the creativity of Souls fans.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Marionx Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm

I also voted for some of the newer ones as well. So many great shields! Many people are knocking it out of the park with their designs!
    DrAwkward
    DrAwkward

Post by DrAwkward Mon May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Love the new shields! I guess that ends the submission period. Good luck everyone!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 am

Definitely a great way to promote the game we love and has been great seeing all the excellent designs. Best of luck, everyone! Proper Bow

Ultimately though, If you don't get there, don't despair. You just learned some cool photoshop/design techniques you may have otherwise not bothered with!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 14, 2013 10:13 am

wait so you can still vote for shields? I though the countdown was for voting and submitting shields.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am

the voting is supposed to go until may 20th to accommodate late submissions unless they have decided to change the rules. Its the 2nd phase and is stated in their terms and conditions as well as one of their posts. Seeing as how it is still down, however, I am beginning to question...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 14, 2013 10:48 am

the way they did it is so bad, they should have had people submit, THEN after a month put up ALL the entries at the same time so that everyone gets their design shown and gets a fair chance, maybe randomize them too so that the pages are different everyday. it just sucks that this was more of a first come first served thing and did not seem like it was fair for everyone, fanboys arent making it any easier too, oh well.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 14, 2013 10:55 am

It's as rigged as any political election. Those with the most resources (friends on FB, fans) have the best chance to succeed. Wait....it's more rigged than a political election thanks to what Rant said, first come first looked at, most voted. Crap.

I know I've done a lot of complaining but it's become more glaring thanks to me looking at the bottom ranked shields. I admit being upset early on because there were numerous shields in the top thirty in my category that weren't as good as mine and definitely not as good as others posted here. But looking at the bottom pages, there's probably thirty or more that are really awesome with one or zero votes (zero is hard to understand, but I guess some people may not want to vote for themselves.....me....it was the first thing I did).

I'm a fan first and a shield design contestant second and the top thirty is in no way representative of the thirty best designs. I'm confident From will pick shields that will look great in game but I'd rather they have a pool of 30 legitimate entries to select two out of.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Tue May 14, 2013 11:15 am

Voting is frozen at the moment, supposedly because they are changing the app over to a different one which is voting only and no submissions. I have to admit - I don't mind! It gives me a breather. It's actually quite stressful, worrying about some other shield suddenly getting 500+ votes in a TOTALLY legit way.
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 am

skarekrow13 wrote:It's as rigged as any political election. Those with the most resources (friends on FB, fans) have the best chance to succeed. Wait....it's more rigged than a political election thanks to what Rant said, first come first looked at, most voted. Crap.

I know I've done a lot of complaining but it's become more glaring thanks to me looking at the bottom ranked shields. I admit being upset early on because there were numerous shields in the top thirty in my category that weren't as good as mine and definitely not as good as others posted here. But looking at the bottom pages, there's probably thirty or more that are really awesome with one or zero votes (zero is hard to understand, but I guess some people may not want to vote for themselves.....me....it was the first thing I did).

I'm a fan first and a shield design contestant second and the top thirty is in no way representative of the thirty best designs. I'm confident From will pick shields that will look great in game but I'd rather they have a pool of 30 legitimate entries to select two out of.

Look Skyward

I agree with all of the above! I hope that if/when they run a shield contest for Dark Souls III they will learn from this. Anyone know the best place to leave feedback about the contest is? I know my designs aren't the best in the batch, but neither are some of the top 30 voted.

I know in a few years at the first hint of a DS III I will start my shield designs, so if something like this happens again I can get me entry in early. I wish I had taken more time with my entries, but being thousands of votes behind before I even started meant I rushed them to get them in. Oh well, at least they were fun to make Sun

Praise the Sun
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Marionx Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Yeah, I didn't really think my shield designs would win either. However, I did have a good time designing them! At least some people looked at them and took the time to vote. big grin
    los3r
    los3r

Post by los3r Tue May 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks alot for vote my designs. Shield Design Contest - Page 27 945058907
    I appreciate so much :

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2355
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2826
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=1151
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Tue May 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Marionx wrote:Yeah, I didn't really think my shield designs would win either. However, I did have a good time designing them! At least some people looked at them and took the time to vote. big grin

BTW Marionx, I really like your designs, especially the one you used for your avatar! cheers

Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Marionx Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks! It was inspired by the Crest Shield.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

agree with you all. Rigged or just outright cheating with vote bots. I bet they will have no idea who used them and those shoddy designs that went up in votes by the hundreds per day get thru. Its simply impossible they do so well by honest means; no matter how well promoted, total strangers are not willing to accept a facebook app just to vote for a total stranger who asked, for an irrelevant design in a videogame contest they are completely indifferent to. Now some are using the right channels and getting a lot of votes because their designs are great, like azurite or tide warden, but i hope they are able to tell outright who used software to generate mass fake votes.

I mean, if i normally see a "contest please vote' thread, i dont finish reading the 2nd word n move on.. Even if a friend on facebook has a post, i will most likely move on

unfortunately, people are going to cheat. the internet is a bad place to run a contest but an effective marketing tool. The motive behind this contest is making us all into little namco advertisers and promoters.

I am sure From Software has no say in anything until the top 90 reach Japan after the voting phase. Atleast there are some excellent design among those, though its a shame some of the great ones in the nether regions will never get attention from the devs..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:56 am