Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Will this work?

kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Will this work? Empty Will this work?

Post by kazumoshi Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 am

http://mmdks.com/1uap

Is the damage you get from an effectively forty str handaxe worth the 27 str investment?

Edit* I was trying to make a cookie cutter build a while back, and was struggling to make it really truly over powered. We all know that the weapon buffs are a big part of what makes a faith build viable, so I figured I would try to find a way to incorporate them. What I ended up with was a buffing build with a reduced cost to reaching weapon efficiency (Handaxe is a fairly fast weapon, and needing, when two handed, only 27 strength to give it viable damage only improves on that.) What I'm concerned about is if handaxe will be worth the investment of 27 strength, or if I should drop the incorporation of buffs for more weapon versatility and spell slots.

My alt. build would be something like this. http://mmdks.com/1uaw

Last edited by kazumoshi on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Will this work? Empty Re: Will this work?

Post by CrackSouls Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:08 am

I'm not 100% sure of what you're trying to do, but from what I see this is not a good idea. Then again, that's just my opinion. I like PVP and any build can beat me if the player is better than me.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:21 am

Edited now. (Whoops, I was playing around with other weapons I could fit in, and forgot to change it back)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 am

lol. I was so confused reading that build.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 am

http://mmdks.com/1ub2

this is a build I use at 100. As you can see we have pretty similar stats, and I Have actually buffed the handaxe and it works *Okay* it's smaller than normal poise damage is kinda a bummer but straight DPS because it swings so fast it performs well in mash em down situations.

The Reinforced Club is also pretty neat to buff with 27 str. On low poise targets it can stunlock into bleed out, effectively ending people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 pm