Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Would you kind people rate my build?

Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Would you kind people rate my build? Empty Would you kind people rate my build?

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:14 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=439105865268675914

There's the link

I haven't made use of the Chaos pyromancies yet, but I'm going to try some of those out.

The Flame is obviously for pyromancies, the Dark Hand is to block spells like Wrath of the Gods, and for parrying

I like the Sunlight Straight Sword, fast, can be buffed, deals pretty good damage with Power Within.

The Havel's Ring is for Fast Rolling away from damage stacked Dark Beads

The Lloyd's are for Estus spammers, the Humanity is for healing, and the resin is for buffs.

I usually roll around until I can get a hit on a guy, or if he's turtling I break his guard with Black Flame.

I know there's a few things here I either aren't using to their fullest extent(Like the Int, this was an Int build that turned Pyro because I didn't like sorcery all that much, or the 18 Faith) but I feel like this build is pretty useful. The 2h Sunlight Straightsword rolling attack is really useful.

I've pretty much adapted to not using shields, so it works out quite well when my opponent isn't stunlocking me due to the low poise I have.

It's still a build in Progress, I'm probably going to raise the STR to 50 and raise my VIT some more.

Thoughts?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Would you kind people rate my build? Empty Re: Would you kind people rate my build?

Post by User1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:24 pm

If you will use a quality build weapon, at least make a quality build. A Small Leather Shield has the same weight, better stability, and decent defenses. Otherwise, it's ok.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Would you kind people rate my build? Empty Re: Would you kind people rate my build?

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:25 pm

I'll have to pick one of those up.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:25 pm

if youre str is that high then why go with a quality weapon? imo its ok but its also all over the place, try to make a quality build if you like quality weapons. remake it so you can use the weapons you wanna use to their fullest, I would do something like this http://mmdks.com/1rvq and since you wanna go high sl dump the rest in vit.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:29 pm

I love STR weapons, but I find it hard to find one I like for this build.

I might switch to the Claymore or the Bastard Sword.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 pm

They are quality weapons. Same scaling. Look Skyward
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Bleh

I'll look for something.

Maybe the Man-Serpent GS. It's got a B in scaling. Or the Demon Great Machete.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm

DGM is one hell of a hard hitter, but the slowest in it's class. MSGS is very good, I recommend that. But, if you get tired of looking for these weapons, listen to some music instead, to calm down. (( |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ))
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

I'll give them a shot. I might have to change my armor to something lighter if I want to fast roll.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

msgs gets an A when upgraded and 521 ar with 40 str which makes it the best gs for a str build, the DGM is my favorite weapon in the game and it hits hard but doesn't stunlock more than twice, the best thing to do is stunock then bs people, I know people don't like that but it's basically the same damage as stunlocking.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Bleh

I hate stunlocking.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 pm

(( |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| )) If you don't like the stunlocking, you need the soothing music. (( |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ))
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:05 pm

I need soothing music and chunks for my stuff

Unfortunately the only chunk farm available that comes to mind is the Darkwraiths, because I have Dark Anor Londo.

I'd farm the Black Knights in the Kiln if it was open. But I don't have all the Lord Souls.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm

I could also ditch one of my pyromancies and put Logan's Catalyst in the offhand instead of the Dark Hand and use CMW
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm

For god's sake at least put on a CMW on that build. Wasting all that INT for nothing is almost criminal.

EDIT: I would pull pyro flame over to the main hand and put TCC in the off-hand. Logan's is highly underwhelming at 36 INT.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:20 pm

CMW is definitely useful.

Thanks for that little tip.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Try this (:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=491462243395390032

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 pm