Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom.

Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom. Empty I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom.

Post by Cynic Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 pm

I started a new faith character because of account problems and DLC not working.

I thought Sunbro's still needed 50 faith to join if they're playing offline, so I started boosting my faith up to around 30 when I found out I only needed 25.

After all that fun was had, some things happened.

First off, I only had 4 humanity after beating the Gargoyles. I rang the bell then climbed back down and decided to deal with the balder/rapier knights in the church. Doing so landed me two Balder Side Swords (which I wanted to get for this character in the first place, but was doubtful) So I'm like, "freakin' sweet!" and moved on to the lower burg. I Dealt with "Yo Capra Capra" and headed down to the Depths. Freed they pyro and headed down the short cut to the giant rat and what not, killed that and went to deal with the Channeler. Now, I still only have 4 humanity, (used one to regain my humanity so I could summon Solaire and Lautrec for the Gaping Dragon) but Dark Souls so graciously gave me the Channeler's Trident as well!

I have never, EVER had that weapon drop through ALL of my playthroughs of this game, even when farming it. I seem to get a lot of better drops when I make Faith builds, so maybe it affects drop rate somehow? I mean, they had to stick the luck attribute from Demon's Souls somewhere. Anyway, I got really excited and exclaimed, and I quote, "Holy what the hell Dark Souls!? Why are you being nice to me!?"

At that exact moment, all my joys became pants-sh***ing terror as I realized Dark Souls will make me pay in blood. So my trek down to Quelaag was the most cautious I have ever been in this game. I made it to her however and lightning spear/Astora's straight sworded my way to victory. Then I saved the game and went to eat.

Now I know this is a long story, but it's so I could tell you this story. Don't worry, it's short.

The next day, I woke up with a terrible stomach ache, I was almost late to work and nearly out of gas. I get into the store I'm working at and people were already having problems. Later, someone had a caliper (car part thing, I dunno) fall on their foot from the top of a 15 foot shelf and shatter their toe. Shortly after, someone got sent home for inaccuracy in their work (I work at an inventory/counting company) and when I got home finally, I smashed my knee on the doorway to my room. I didn't play Dark Souls out of fear, so I just screwed around on Skyrim. That night, the Pittsburgh Penguins (my favorite hockey team) had their 15 game winning streak broken by the Buffalo Sabres, a team that has been struggling for weeks.

I still haven't touched Dark Souls, but I think I need to just get it over with...

TL;DR

Dark Souls is evil and I have a strong feeling that Faith affects drop rate in some hidden way.

ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom. Empty Re: I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom.

Post by ninjashifty Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Instead of thinking it a conspiracy theory, I'd probably equate the bad luck the following day to playing too much video games and not preparing for work that night. Happens to me all the time. I wear a uniform to work and if I have it in the wash and am playing, I tend to forget that I still neet to put on all my ribbons and devices on it or even dry them that night. This usually makes me scramble for work the next day. All coincidence I speculate.
    Cynic
    Casual
    Casual

I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom. Empty Re: I'm pretty sure Dark Souls is out to get me. TL;DR at bottom.

Post by Cynic Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Possibly, but I mean...Dark Souls doesn't GIVE freely. I has to get something in return. Usually my sanity.

But the toe breakage thing can't be from my poor sleeping habits. That is a direct attack on human life. Dark Souls knows no bounds.
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm

maybe a toe breaking is just another reason to sit and play more...
    leonardo503
    leonardo503

Post by leonardo503 Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm sorry to say this but, YOU ARE CURSED!!
    lol!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Life's even worse than Dark Souls; it scared you out of playing Dark Souls even when things were going so well!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Your item chance is the only things that effect drops
    You just got EXTREMELY lucky
    Gratz on the Trident drop

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 pm