Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
HazelrahFiver
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
DE5PA1R
User1
SlakeMoth
Nugget
hey its andres
GrinTwist
Flankydizzle
Johnthethird
15 posters

No bonfires please

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

No bonfires please - Page 2 Empty Re: No bonfires please

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm

I was presuming everyone meant bonfire system just with less bonfires- the nexus is just too easy and not dark enough.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 pm

I agree less bonfires would make it harder, Sens from start to finish was more than possible without the need for a bonfire in-between. Although as stated by someone above, they are making the game more accessible not harder.

I think rather than a return to the Nexus/Archstone system, they just need to make a better fire-link shrine which frankly felt a little **** although I don't really know why. Maybe it's just nostalgia towards the nexus that's affecting my judgement.

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Serious_Much wrote:As much as all of us would love less bonfires, they're trying to make the game more accessible next time. There's no way they'll make it harder, we can only really expect the same difficulty or easier

Not correct.

From and Miyazaki have clarified quite a while ago that the game will be more accessible in terms of some story elements and tutorial/gameplay mechanics knowledge delivery.

Still sucks, but not as badly as an easier game.

You know, I think the most significant thing that separated the Nexus from Firelink Shrine is Stockpile Thomas. Dude was awesome. There's no upbeat, "Thank you Hero" kind of guy in Firelink. By the end all that's left at Firelink are thieves, liars, and/or murderers.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:33 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:As much as all of us would love less bonfires, they're trying to make the game more accessible next time. There's no way they'll make it harder, we can only really expect the same difficulty or easier

You know, I think the most significant thing that separated the Nexus from Firelink Shrine is Stockpile Thomas. Dude was awesome. There's no upbeat, "Thank you Hero" kind of guy in Firelink. By the end all that's left at Firelink are thieves, liars, and/or murderers.

True he was always a nice guy that reminded you there were average nice people in the world and I think I miss the grumpy uncle blacksmith who complained a lot but you still respected and liked him. I know Andre was in the game and he's awesome but he should have moved to firelink just to brighten the area up a bit. Also the maiden in black was lovely big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:29 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:

Not correct.

From and Miyazaki have clarified quite a while ago that the game will be more accessible in terms of some story elements and tutorial/gameplay mechanics knowledge delivery.

Still sucks, but not as badly as an easier game..

That doesn't mean they won't make it easier. Problem is we won't know till it's released as thats not really something they'll discuss as they know it would upset on set of fans no matter which way it goes.

Besides my point was more the fact that if they want to make the game more accessible, logically it's impossible to increase difficulty as that then reduces accessibility of the game.

Still though, it's possible they'll make it easier, always is.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

I'd like to have the player begin praying at Dragon Altars as resting points
    Also, I'd like animations when doing everything, such as when you attune magic your character may reach up and grab something out of a chalice that could be on the altar

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm