Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
destutiodaemonis
sure-magicians
slowturtles
xB_WEEZYx
Wilkinson3424
Agent0range
Grimoire
Scryer569
Latitoast
NinjaVanish
Jovias-86
DigitaLinsanitY
Paragon
VMatrixX
Murkulanvippi
Jansports
Dibsville
Forum Pirate
mackofspades
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
Ahhotep1
Hokucho
billy_bayonet
FattyOfDoom
Ariamis
User1
eclipse prince
SystemZero
Seth Winternight
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
Vechy
AshLumi
metalfan95
shadowzninjaz
ResIsBestStat
robsthedon
FinPeku
Demon Slayer
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Three: United We Stand!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS!  Epoch Three:  United We Stand!! - Page 16 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Three: United We Stand!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Nice!!!! twisted
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS!  Epoch Three:  United We Stand!! - Page 16 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Three: United We Stand!!

Post by Jansports Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=436945304850885999

Here's the Event build. Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttsssssssss geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLEEEEEE
    mackofspades
    mackofspades
    Casual
    Casual

Post by mackofspades Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Oh hey guys, i almost forgot, but for our PSN players, what are your PSN names so i can add you? Thanks guys happy
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:09 pm

@ jans I did leave off gmb twice, to win with skill instead of gmb. I you stomped me once, but I scraped out a win the second time.

http://mmdks.com/1vua

what do you think of that? menu swap to a demon spear or chaos weapon against mages or after slb wears off, and the pyromancy is both to defeat gmb and add variety. its tough to dodge fire storm if you're trying to roll bs a wog.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:17 pm

mackofspades wrote:Oh hey guys, i almost forgot, but for our PSN players, what are your PSN names so i can add you? Thanks guys happy

Mack, have a look at the members roster. I tried to include everyone's psn name there. Other then that look at their sigs...some have their psn name there. And add people while your in our psn chat. happy
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:49 pm

My psn is the same as my sn here.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:34 am

I really like the pyromancy, but that might just be because how comfy I am with it. I'm sorta iffy on giving up the 27str since I first plan is to buff some 2H thingamajig. Or maybe it's not.

I don't know what I want to do anymore.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 am

Pure str weapons are to heavy for the mid roll, excluding the reinforced club (with that armor setup anyways) If you're fine mid roll, the heavier weapons work fine.

Gmb would negate the disadvantage mid rolling usually has (weakness to wog spam/db spam/ pursuers), to be sure, but you won't likely get off slb and gmb at the same time, so you'll have to be good at spotting casters.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:06 am

Yeah I planned to Midroll with like the DGM but with switching my gauntlets to knights I can sport the large club and still fast roll at 53 poise.

Generally I'm more sad my plan to use WoG to make people stay away so I can set up HCSM/CSS/bead tricks just didn't work and all 44 int of the other build was just mlbh pokes and velkas
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 am

Really? I would have fugured it would work beautifully most of the time.

Still, int just for the mlbh isn't exactly what I'd call a waste. its a great weapon, and the last thing I'd expect after seeing it would be a 600 damage wog. That could decide a fight all by itself.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 am

I think the problem was the MLBH. People saw it and insisted on being all up on me, making me WoG them away, kick obvious bs attempts, Just about everyone had a running attack ready if I ever even tried to switch to the Catalyst.

But I found out (unsuprisingly) A good spear + WoG is enough of a build
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 am

Lol, pretty much.

On a side note, I made my first non-dm pvp character. Its a gl, but I'm officially a sinner.

Thats as far as I go though, I'll never wraith. At least as a gl, my victims fight me by choice. I think sl 100 is high for a gl though. not sure, never done it before.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 am

Only people in NG+ will actually get Phantoms so I usually gravelord 100-120 and then infect popular fighting areas like the moonpit Kiln Btown PW ect. Anywhere I might catch a fight club.

The Moonpit is hilarious when It's FILLED with BP stone knights, so you get a good number of people coming to kill you so they can (Unironically) PvP in peace.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 am

Lol. good to know I'll get action.

Checked the book of the guilty. Almost all the top 10 have at least 9 wog, and most have twop and/or pursuers too. *sarcasm* Some real talent there. */sarcasm.* I'll never get up there against that. How is that even fun?
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 am

Welcome to the exiled Mack!! Nice to see you being active in the skype and psn chat right from the start!! big grin
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:It looks like most (if not all) who made it to the informal tourney had fun in one way or another. cheers

I am thinking of doing this more often and in a more formal fashion!
    Constructive suggestions are very much appreciated happy

No restrictions
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 am

robsthedon wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:It looks like most (if not all) who made it to the informal tourney had fun in one way or another. cheers

I am thinking of doing this more often and in a more formal fashion!
    Constructive suggestions are very much appreciated happy

No restrictions

Yep...will be same or similar with some twists (Class 1, Class 2). While BeeS will be doing regular FC's at the Painted World Arena (if he hasn't changed his mind!).
    Besides nearly everyone does what amounts to Class 3: "Open Class"...sooo, I want something different. big grin
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am

I'm up for cosplay duels FCs too if you guys want to switch it up a little. But let's try to keep them related to the Painted World, I already have a list embedded in my memory that I can say off the top of my head. big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 pm

BeeSeaEss wrote:I'm up for cosplay duels FCs too if you guys want to switch it up a little. But let's try to keep them related to the Painted World, I already have a list embedded in my memory that I can say off the top of my head. big grin

When BeeS gets an idea in his head there is no stopping him!! This is an Exiled Sanctioned FC!! It will be held in the Painted World Arena! So stay tuned for upcoming news!! cheers

Hokucho
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hokucho Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Lying in wait within steel I slept. I found myself being called again. The Living Weapon and The One Born of Darkling, Orusae is reborn once again! What needs doing?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Lol. good to know I'll get action.

Checked the book of the guilty. Almost all the top 10 have at least 9 wog, and most have twop and/or pursuers too. *sarcasm* Some real talent there. */sarcasm.* I'll never get up there against that. How is that even fun?

Heres the thing about WoG. It's the best spell in the game. It does good damage, it can dead angle, it covers a wonderful area, can be used to create space or stop BS fishes

And while TwoP WoG can be effective I personally prefer using WoG to make space for spears because SPEARS
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 am

Compared to other top level spells (css, hcsm, gcfb) its weak. Faster than they are though.

Anyways, I have no problem with wog. I love wog. It is great. So great, I rarely need more than 1 a fight. 2 for mid rollers (one to bait a dodge, one to hit them exiting the roll.) I've never run out of wog in a 1v1 and lost because I didn't have more wog. Who needs 9? Pure faith casters maybe, but thats not what they are.

They're 50 faith, 9+ wog, twop and the hornets ring. Wog will do about 600 there, it can't be dodged because of twop, and then a chaos estoc bs for 1200 while you're stunned. If you're not dead yet, recast twop during the wakeup and repeat.

There's no skill in that. No real counter. Even with gmb active they'll still bs you during the stun, vos will only stop them if you cast it first, and it still won't stop the stone great sword+mlgs/grant/dkga/dragon roar version of the same thing.

I won't stop them, I just don't see how thats fun. I do combo's (wog+bs+glgsd totals 1900+ for example) but I
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:28 am

still have to work for that first wog hit, and even then they have to be close enough to bs afterwards. It's almost always an instant kill, but its not easy to set up. For what they're doing, all you need is some space.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:32 am

I think WoGs 400-600 damage is plenty, that's a decent weapon hit and considering it's faster than alot of weapons
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 am

I agree it's damage is fine.

It's still the weakest of the bunch though. Gc and bf are about the same, but the rest are stronger (and slower, and usually with a lesser aoe)

I see why gl's like partners. Darkwraith invasions are fast and furious while gling so far, a friendly red would have been much appreciated by the 3rd 1v2 in a row. I was winning, but it's rough. I can't just jump the host and ignore the help like I usually do. I actually have to fight everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:45 pm