Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
DE5PA1R
benny-the-jew
KrazykevS10
Djem
ResIsBestStat
Acarnatia
R3dlace
BIG TIME MASTER
CarverUpqik
sergeantstrawbery
Dibsville
15 posters

Some things I'd like to see in DS2

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Some things I'd like to see in DS2 Empty Some things I'd like to see in DS2

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 am

When depositing something, (EX: humanity to a covenant), you get the option to "Deposit X of Y", such as "Deposit 30 humanity".

A create your own gesture menu, where you have a bunch of different smaller gestures to choose from to make one giant gesture!

The old Demon's Souls movesets, Dark Souls movesets are lame, such as the longsword. I miss the old 2-handed R1 -> R2. sad

Boss Souls being able to make miracles, spells, and pyromancies. Although it doesn't seem too fair because you have to choose between weapon or magic, it was a good idea.

The return of off-hand weapons. Demon's Souls was a game that was amazing for the fact that weapons could ACTUALLY be useful in the off-hand. (EX: Morion Blade, Kris Blade, and Large Sword of Searching).

More special parry weapons. I like that their are 5 different types of parry frames, but only Parrying Dagger, Buckler, and Target Shield being the special ones was kind of saddening. I'd like to see much more.

Mercury and Tearing weapons. I miss the good old poison and bleed out that you can put on weapons, even if the build up was slow and easily healable.

Tell me some more and I'll add them in here.

CarverUpqik wrote:i wanna see necromancy or summoning in DkS2

Last edited by Dibsville on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    sergeantstrawbery
    sergeantstrawbery
    Casual
    Casual

Some things I'd like to see in DS2 Empty Re: Some things I'd like to see in DS2

Post by sergeantstrawbery Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm

I would like to see more of the dragons and a better final boss. Miyazaki said that he wanted to make a boss that would make the player use everything that eh had learned as that class. So parrying, SS timing, etc. Although Miyazaki is not directing this game, it would still be cool. I also want more lore on the mushrooms in the forest. From their ungodly past of wars with their almighty punches to now as they rest in peace, waiting for the next wary traveler to come through, only to be killed by fungus.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 am

i wanna see necromancy or summoning in DkS2
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:57 am

CarverUpqik wrote:i wanna see necromancy or summoning in DkS2
    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 pm

I'd like to chop some wood.

And cook. I'd like to plunge into the darkest dungeons in search of long forgotten recipes from an ancient, evil empire.
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I'd like to chop some wood.

And cook. I'd like to plunge into the darkest dungeons in search of long forgotten recipes from an ancient, evil empire.

The new Solaire would be a character that is searching for his own cookie recipe throughout the whole game.

"If only I could be so deliciously decadent."
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 pm

I really like it when games add those things and things like them. I think this doesn't fit Dark Souls, though.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:07 pm

I would like if they added more spells with different effects, for example a spell that allows you to temporarily use weapons without the correct stat requirement, but at only 50% capacity.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm

I want to see the weapon Kilij return. And I want pyromancies to stay. That is all.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

No more backstabs!More praising the sun! cheers
    benny-the-jew
    benny-the-jew

Post by benny-the-jew Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Some aesthetic things:

Full beards for character creation. Yeah, I know, I never see it in game, but just knowing it's there is a comfort...

Bearded axes. The most manly weapon ever. Not because of the name (though it is awesome), but because they look so damn boss. I really don't like the axes in either of the Souls games, the just look so blah. Bearded axes are simple in design, but brutal-looking, too.

Some things I'd like to see in DS2 Th?id=H.4988489493250635&pid=1

No more NPC aggro for accidental hits. I've had to murder a couple NPCs because I accidentally taped R1 or a stray sword swipe from breaking barrels. I should have to hit them a few times in succession before they get mad (they won't lose any health for those hits, so they'll still have full health when you fight them). It may not sound realistic, but having people/merchants/allies who die permanently force you to kill them just because of an accident is frustrating. That or if they kill you, let it end there and they say something like, "I hope you learned your lesson," and they're not hostile again.

Last edited by benny-the-jew on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:24 pm

I'd like to see beards too.

I'd like the ability to 'surrender' or otherwise calm an angry NPC that I accidentally made angry. They'd still be pissed at me and maybe double their prices (if merchant) or just ignore me (if not), but at least I wouldn't have to kill them.
    ADirtySlate
    ADirtySlate
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ADirtySlate Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:13 pm

I'd like to see more minibosses in the next game (enemies like the Hellkite Dragon or Hallows). These simply weren't present enough in the first Dark Souls in my opinion.

More resins. I found it cool that they added these for the benefit of those who wanted buffs, but there wee only 3. Some new resins could be ones that imbue occult energy, magic energy, or bleeding.

A quick consumable healing item for the invaders that was on par with Estus (like the moon grasses in DeS). Most of the reason that healing is frowned upon in PVP is because these items are hard to come by (Divine Blessing) or cannot match its speed (Humanity).
    Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thedeadships Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:04 pm

I agree with everything ADirtySlate just said ^^^^

Good thinking on more mini bosses especially

I'd also like to see almost all areas invadeable, not just 90%, but perhaps 99%. As well as when you're buddy phantoms don't go back to their worlds after you defeat a boss. They stay with you until you or they die, or until someone black crystals out
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Things I'd like to see:

More weapons. Dark souls had more than demons, but I want more. I'd also like to see some more fantasy style weapons. Elegant engraved swords, knarled hammers and axes and so on.

Random loot. I'd love random loot and respawning chests. Making some of the higher powered weapons only obtainable by grinding and also making grinding a bit more enjoyable for most of us.

Adding clothing class to armor. Make clothing the lowest class of armor and also wearable under your armor. Clothing will have its own benefits but also weigh you down more.

Make dual weilding practical. Make offhand weapons more useful as well as make dexterity based weapons have better movesets when used in sets of two.

More upgrade paths. Its been talked about in other threads, i'd like to see them go back to DeS on this topic.

More in depth covenants. Again its been talked about a lot so I won't go in depth here.

More forms like dragon form. Things like a litch form that was rumored about before release. Possibilities could be Dragon (again), Litch, Demon, Wolf and Golem. Each one having distinct advantages and great disadvantages. Also your characters appearance would effect your form so if your character had blue hair your dragon form might have blue scales or if your character had a ponytail your dragon form might have longer spines and so on.

Crafting. Being able to craft consumable items like throwing knives, healing items, arrows and so on would be interesting.

Lastly a grappling system. I know there are issues with pvp connections and this but it would be pretty sick.
    Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thedeadships Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Yes, dual wield needs to be way more practical
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Actually.
    I'm duel-wielding right now.
    And I can tell you it is fabulous.
    Unfortunately, you have to have a certain weapon combination in order to do it well.
    But they both suit me, so oh well.
    The combinations are: Straight Sword off hand, Katana on hand.
    And: Duel Katanas, if you attack with both at once... you'll attack with both at once.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 pm

rings like the dull rats ring and blue tearstone ring should activate earlier than the clever rats and red tearstone and also add a bit more deffence than they do because at this point they are pretty useless.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Dibsville wrote:Actually.
    Unfortunately, you have to have a certain weapon combination in order to do it well.
    And: Duel Katanas, if you attack with both at once... you'll attack with both at once.

Dual wielding is great with a few select weapons. But I'd love to see you be able to pick up any two dex weapons and get some better returns out of it. I've had my fun using 2 rapiers for style, having 2 bandits knives or a parrying dagger+dex weapon combo. I'd love to see the player possibly get better movesets if you have a matching set like the Lords Blades weapons or the painting guardian weapons. Also I've never seen two katanas attack at the same time. And I've used two katanas on more than a few occasions.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:43 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Actually.

Dual wielding is great with a few select weapons. But I'd love to see you be able to pick up any two dex weapons and get some better returns out of it. I've had my fun using 2 rapiers for style, having 2 bandits knives or a parrying dagger+dex weapon combo. I'd love to see the player possibly get better movesets if you have a matching set like the Lords Blades weapons or the painting guardian weapons. Also I've never seen two katanas attack at the same time. And I've used two katanas on more than a few occasions.
    I know for a fact they attack at the same time, I learned that on my first playthrough.
    I never really use it because, well, I never duel wield, I just recently started and I've only done the Straight Sword combo because let's face it, Dark Souls just isn't Demon's Souls when it comes to duel wielding!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm