CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc.

GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Re: CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc.

Post by GrinTwist on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

That said...I was amazing at MW2, I frequently beat out supposed "MLG" players.

My Weapon of Choice? The Riot Shield and a Throwing Knife, never failed me in Search and Destroy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that did this. lol!

At one point when I was still play MW2 I was able to get an organized group of riot shielders going. We were able to make a phalanx out of riot shields, we each got one kill and hid in a corner all of us huddled together. We won, they never thought to use an RPG on us once.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc.

Post by EeAyEss on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Me and my friends actually trapped the last enemy on a team in a corner and he was out of grenades. He was trying to jump away, but it took 3 of us to keep him trapped in a corner, so the other 3 got on top of us by jumping off some stairs that were above us. Hilarious. We kept him there until there was 5 seconds left, then we all bashed like crazy. Fun times. So much rage. My friends said they all got hate mail. This is all riot shields of course.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Ah, CoD. I played MW2 for so long. I thought then, and still do, that it is a great game. I have just hated every installment after. After MW2, it just got bland. And so the long line of spin-off's start, and no proper CoD game has been made since CoD4.
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 am

COD is great untill you get to the game that came out after World at War both visual and gameplay went down in quality the fact that BLOPS 2 looks worse than the first is prof of their laziness just compare it to Dayz if a small group of modders can make a better quality game than a large team of experts you can tell there is something wrong

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32
    Steam:nsane32
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 am

I prefer not so generic shooters like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and F.E.A.R.. Both games offer me a type of challenge that CoD never could. They keep me glued to my controller, wondering what's around the corner, what kind of monster will jump at me. CoD just feels like a huge knife fest. Which, btw how can I shoot someone 40 times and not kill them but they run up to m, poke me and I die? At least in STALKER you bleed out from gunshot wounds if you don't patch up. non of that health regen crap.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

Shindori wrote:I prefer not so generic shooters like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and F.E.A.R.. Both games offer me a type of challenge that CoD never could. They keep me glued to my controller, wondering what's around the corner, what kind of monster will jump at me. CoD just feels like a huge knife fest. Which, btw how can I shoot someone 40 times and not kill them but they run up to m, poke me and I die? At least in STALKER you bleed out from gunshot wounds if you don't patch up. non of that health regen crap.

I loved F.E.A.R., really gave me chills and the AI is impeccable. The AI would strategise, flank, overwhelm, whatever to get to you.

Then I bought F.3.A.R. WHYYYYYY????

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 am

not that monster KILL IT KILL IT NOW

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:19 pm

CoD I never got into, I've never been much into the FPS genre. Only CoD game I got was MW2 and I didn't really enjoy it at all. Just not my type of game.
    As for the rest of the title of the topic. The problem with Assassin's Creed is that they can actually make advancements to the game but they don't. Nor do they seem to listen to fans. Right now there is a pretty bad glitch that can be easily executed in multiplayer that has been out for some time and they won't fix it. Patches take time but this glitch has been around since the start of the game. It basically can get you a ton of points every match.
    Plus since AC4 is coming they could of done something unique that a lot of players were hoping for which was multiplayer naval battles. Sadly Ubisoft has annouced that that's not happening. AC3 was my last AC game. Connor wasn't all that much of an appealing character and I only got the game to see what it was going to be about and I'm somewhat disappointed.

As for Mass Effect, the only issue I have with that game is the ending still. To me it's just downright garbage and still a slap in the face to fans. They could of done so much more and it was a big flop after so much climax and anticipation.

AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Uggh why did you bring up the ME3 ending,i had it wiped from my mind.

PC:AnCapaillMor

XBOX: I'll give you 2 guesses
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

http://youtu.be/R7HbCkU_-cM

A compilation of the Professional CoD players at Eurogamer during a competition losing their ****.

Strong language involved.

These are the professional players of Call of Duty.
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Tolvo wrote:http://youtu.be/R7HbCkU_-cM

A compilation of the Professional CoD players at Eurogamer during a competition losing their ****.

Strong language involved.

These are the professional players of Call of Duty.
    Unfortunately that reflects very poorly on the community, even if the community isn't that bad.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Total Biscuit also tweeted about how he finds the game to be a fairly easy FPS and that it has a low skill cap.

A professional player told him to go kill himself, then a group of MLG CoD BO2 players started bashing Starcraft and Counterstrike saying those games are incredibly easy.

Today is not a good day to be a CoD fan.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 pm

I like CoD. I like shooters in general really, though Halo Reach is my favorite and has been since release. The genre suffers from what I call "EA" syndrome (think sports games) and that sucks, but thats why I'm picky about what I buy, why I don't own halo 2,3 or 4 and why I only own modern warefare 2. Plenty of players, no reason to switch.

My guess is its cool to hate anything popular.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 pm

I started to write this and it ended up being a lot longer than I thought XD. So I put it in a spoiler box to not spam anyone... It’s about the Mass Effect 3 comments from earlier =O

Spoiler:
    I’m more than likely going to get some flame from this but… I don’t see the big deal with ME3. To be honest it’s a great game and the ending isn’t anything to disembowel yourself about. A little history on my ME playthroughs..

When ME1 came out I had just joined the military and was stuck in the dorms for about a year. My buddy bought a Xbox 360 and Halo 3 and told me I could have free reign to play whatever I wanted when he wasn’t using it. I picked up ME1 because I was a HUGE Jade Empire fan =) (yeah I liked KotoR1 too). Did everything I could in ME1 and loved it. Then I moved and bought a PS3 and when ME2 first came out it was Xbox only. By the time it was ported over to PS3 my life was too busy to play games period. So I never got the chance to play it. Fast-forward to 2012 and ME3 releases. I had doubts about going straight to ME3 and honestly I felt like a douche bag doing so, but I couldn’t help myself. I got the game popped in the disc and was very shocked at the game I was playing. At first I was offended “This isn’t the RPG I was playing all those years ago!” I yelled to the skies. I got so annoyed after around 6 hours of playing I put it back in its case and didn’t play it for about 2 months. Then the rage over the ending exploded on the internet… and I felt justified in putting the game away.

I had just finished up a ton of games from the beginning of the year (Reckoning, Dragon’s Dogma, and a few others that I don’t remember XD) and got into a dry spell. I went out and bought ME2 and started to play through it. Now everyone raves about the story in ME2 (including me) it’s great but, by the end of the game felt that the flow of the story and game in general seemed disjointed to me. Not that non-linearity is bad and I’m not saying that it doesn’t all tie together amazingly regardless of the order you do it all in, disjointed is just how I felt about it. I also felt that my “choices” didn’t really matter in the end.

For example, I had saved Wrex in ME1 so I kept it that way in my PS3 play through. However, if he’s dead during ME2 what does it really change? He’s replaced by another just for you to do basically the same things in the area. Sure some dialogue is changed but in the end we do the same things on Tuchanka. That’s only one really weak example but honestly I feel that they do this A LOT in the Mass Effect series. Oh someone dies? Ok well here is their replacement with a different name and a different color face or suit. I do appreciate what this does for multiple play throughs/replayability. But let’s be honest with ourselves…all this does is give the game the illusion of being a lot deeper or make it seem like there is more to do then there really is. Don’t get me wrong either, I’m not faulting the games for these design choices and I thoroughly enjoyed this type of game design, what I’m getting at is I think many of the Mass Effect Fans fall into this trap of “my play through is so different and special”

After finishing up ME2 I decided to start up ME3 again. To my surprise (from my earlier annoyances). . . I was having a blast and really enjoyed the direction they took the series. I hate the word “streamlined” but this game is a great example of just that. Yes they took out most of the RPG elements. Yes, they totally simplified the equipment and made the game a little more linear. The core game play is still there though. You still have to foster relationships, you still have quests to do. Not to mention the third person shooting has been polished and is great… In the end, it’s still Mass Effect!

Going back to what I said before about Mass Effect Fans falling into the “my play through is special” trap. Either you’re a **** head Sheppard talking smack to everyone or you’re the nicest person to ever be born. Yes, you can do both if you so choose! There aren’t really any benefits to being both a douche and a nice guy besides the fact it’s awesome to actually have the choice. You can decide who dies, who you’re friends with and who you want a relationship with. However, regardless of how you get there we’re all going down the same road. Nobodies play through is so different or special that I wouldn’t recognize what point of the game you were at. Perfect example of this:

1. turn on Mass Effect 3

2. Do not load a save from a previous game

3. Pick your choices from the previous 2 games (Ashley dies/Kaiden dies etc, etc. .)

4. Go through the first few hours and see what’s different….

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 am

I wouldnt call Mass Effect mainstream sure it sells alot but its vastly different and more unique than most mainstream games and isnt being released every year. Now the only reason I had the newest COD games is because they are lazy they make there game in one year which results in a low content and quality games just compare it to some of the older FPS games like DOOM and Quake they had a good 20 to 30 hour story with multi player added in as a bonus

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't hate it, neither I do with their players (though I hate people that say BF3 sucks without trying it and say COD is better), it's just boring and repetitive. There isn't enough factors on the game to give a varied/fresh experience every time you play it, it's always the same.

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:37 pm