Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Shindori
nsane32
User1
Noob-of-Artorias
Dubscythe
aceluby
Mr. Tart
Onion Knight
passivefamiliar
BeeSeaEss
Tolvo
WyrmHero
Rynn
The Letter X
densetsushun
GrinTwist
AnCapaillMor
EeAyEss
22 posters

CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc.

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc.

Post by GrinTwist Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:

That said...I was amazing at MW2, I frequently beat out supposed "MLG" players.

My Weapon of Choice? The Riot Shield and a Throwing Knife, never failed me in Search and Destroy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that did this. lol!

At one point when I was still play MW2 I was able to get an organized group of riot shielders going. We were able to make a phalanx out of riot shields, we each got one kill and hid in a corner all of us huddled together. We won, they never thought to use an RPG on us once.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: CoD. The shooting one. Why the hate? Also, mainstream sell-out woes. Ac3, ME, etc.

Post by EeAyEss Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Me and my friends actually trapped the last enemy on a team in a corner and he was out of grenades. He was trying to jump away, but it took 3 of us to keep him trapped in a corner, so the other 3 got on top of us by jumping off some stairs that were above us. Hilarious. We kept him there until there was 5 seconds left, then we all bashed like crazy. Fun times. So much rage. My friends said they all got hate mail. This is all riot shields of course.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Ah, CoD. I played MW2 for so long. I thought then, and still do, that it is a great game. I have just hated every installment after. After MW2, it just got bland. And so the long line of spin-off's start, and no proper CoD game has been made since CoD4.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:09 am

COD is great untill you get to the game that came out after World at War both visual and gameplay went down in quality the fact that BLOPS 2 looks worse than the first is prof of their laziness just compare it to Dayz if a small group of modders can make a better quality game than a large team of experts you can tell there is something wrong
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 am

I prefer not so generic shooters like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and F.E.A.R.. Both games offer me a type of challenge that CoD never could. They keep me glued to my controller, wondering what's around the corner, what kind of monster will jump at me. CoD just feels like a huge knife fest. Which, btw how can I shoot someone 40 times and not kill them but they run up to m, poke me and I die? At least in STALKER you bleed out from gunshot wounds if you don't patch up. non of that health regen crap.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

Shindori wrote:I prefer not so generic shooters like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and F.E.A.R.. Both games offer me a type of challenge that CoD never could. They keep me glued to my controller, wondering what's around the corner, what kind of monster will jump at me. CoD just feels like a huge knife fest. Which, btw how can I shoot someone 40 times and not kill them but they run up to m, poke me and I die? At least in STALKER you bleed out from gunshot wounds if you don't patch up. non of that health regen crap.

I loved F.E.A.R., really gave me chills and the AI is impeccable. The AI would strategise, flank, overwhelm, whatever to get to you.

Then I bought F.3.A.R. WHYYYYYY????
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 am

not that monster KILL IT KILL IT NOW
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:19 pm

CoD I never got into, I've never been much into the FPS genre. Only CoD game I got was MW2 and I didn't really enjoy it at all. Just not my type of game.
    As for the rest of the title of the topic. The problem with Assassin's Creed is that they can actually make advancements to the game but they don't. Nor do they seem to listen to fans. Right now there is a pretty bad glitch that can be easily executed in multiplayer that has been out for some time and they won't fix it. Patches take time but this glitch has been around since the start of the game. It basically can get you a ton of points every match.
    Plus since AC4 is coming they could of done something unique that a lot of players were hoping for which was multiplayer naval battles. Sadly Ubisoft has annouced that that's not happening. AC3 was my last AC game. Connor wasn't all that much of an appealing character and I only got the game to see what it was going to be about and I'm somewhat disappointed.

As for Mass Effect, the only issue I have with that game is the ending still. To me it's just downright garbage and still a slap in the face to fans. They could of done so much more and it was a big flop after so much climax and anticipation.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Uggh why did you bring up the ME3 ending,i had it wiped from my mind.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

https://youtu.be/R7HbCkU_-cM

A compilation of the Professional CoD players at Eurogamer during a competition losing their ****.

Strong language involved.

These are the professional players of Call of Duty.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Tolvo wrote:https://youtu.be/R7HbCkU_-cM

A compilation of the Professional CoD players at Eurogamer during a competition losing their ****.

Strong language involved.

These are the professional players of Call of Duty.
    Unfortunately that reflects very poorly on the community, even if the community isn't that bad.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Total Biscuit also tweeted about how he finds the game to be a fairly easy FPS and that it has a low skill cap.

A professional player told him to go kill himself, then a group of MLG CoD BO2 players started bashing Starcraft and Counterstrike saying those games are incredibly easy.

Today is not a good day to be a CoD fan.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:17 pm

I like CoD. I like shooters in general really, though Halo Reach is my favorite and has been since release. The genre suffers from what I call "EA" syndrome (think sports games) and that sucks, but thats why I'm picky about what I buy, why I don't own halo 2,3 or 4 and why I only own modern warefare 2. Plenty of players, no reason to switch.

My guess is its cool to hate anything popular.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 pm

I started to write this and it ended up being a lot longer than I thought XD. So I put it in a spoiler box to not spam anyone... It’s about the Mass Effect 3 comments from earlier =O

Spoiler:
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 am

I wouldnt call Mass Effect mainstream sure it sells alot but its vastly different and more unique than most mainstream games and isnt being released every year. Now the only reason I had the newest COD games is because they are lazy they make there game in one year which results in a low content and quality games just compare it to some of the older FPS games like DOOM and Quake they had a good 20 to 30 hour story with multi player added in as a bonus
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't hate it, neither I do with their players (though I hate people that say BF3 sucks without trying it and say COD is better), it's just boring and repetitive. There isn't enough factors on the game to give a varied/fresh experience every time you play it, it's always the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 pm