Pyromancy Only Run

    Share
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Djem on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm

    I'm starting it! Pyromancy only run. I'm sure something like this was done before, but I would like to hear if you guys have any suggestions or extra limitations to add.

    Limitations:
    Only use "Pyromancy Flame" as a weapon.
    You can wield Pyromancy Flame in a single hand or both hands if you wish.
    No Miracles or Sorceries.
    No shields.

    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 449
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2013-01-14

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Zephryl on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:57 pm

    Gotta be able to use a Weapon for Queelag. Otherwise you've already lost silly


    _________________
    Rynn wrote:You know your Phantoms gonna be useless when your Catalyst does more damage than their Spear.
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by densetsushun on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:15 pm

    Pump attunment and use the reinforced club. It essentially becomes a SL1 run except you get more casts and the slight defense bonus from leveling attunement.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Djem on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 pm

    ^ But you can't use the reinforced club, it's against the rules.
    Though it might be impossible to kill Quelaag without a weapon. We'll see.
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by WaffleGuy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:50 pm

    Djem wrote:^ But you can't use the reinforced club, it's against the rules.
    Though it might be impossible to kill Quelaag without a weapon. We'll see.
    She's completely immune against fire damage. You'll have to rely on Maneater Mildred or you're toast. Roasted... buttered... toast.


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1999
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-12-29
    Location : The nether regions

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by densetsushun on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm

    Djem wrote:^ But you can't use the reinforced club, it's against the rules.
    Though it might be impossible to kill Quelaag without a weapon. We'll see.
    Ah, no RC does make it more difficult. You will need to find a way to do Quelaag.


    _________________
    George Takei:
    Here's a little Internet tip: If you feel offended by something someone else posts, remember two simple rules:

    1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

    Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Shindori on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 pm

    I say use a pyromancer and use the pyro hand on the left hand, the weapon you star with on the right, and just bump up attunement and reinforce the weapon. good luck with 4 kings though.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 490
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-03-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Elifia on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 pm

    Shindori wrote:I say use a pyromancer and use the pyro hand on the left hand, the weapon you star with on the right, and just bump up attunement and reinforce the weapon. good luck with 4 kings though.

    4 kings isn't that hard. Killed em on my SL1 on my second try. I equipped a Balder Shield +12, Gwyndolin's hat, painting guardian torso +0 and gloves +0, xanthous legs +5, bellowing dragoncrest ring. I did summon witch beatrice, but she didn't do that much. I pretty much just blocked their attacks, circled behind them, and combustioned them. They go down in like 3 or 4 great combustions this way. In NG with ascended +5 flame, that is.

    The rules do state 'no shield', but you can just as easily dodge them, or equip full havels and tank them happy


    _________________
    PSN: Elifia, Elifialt
    I'm back from being gone!
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Shindori on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:05 pm

    Elifia wrote:
    Shindori wrote:I say use a pyromancer and use the pyro hand on the left hand, the weapon you star with on the right, and just bump up attunement and reinforce the weapon. good luck with 4 kings though.

    4 kings isn't that hard. Killed em on my SL1 on my second try. I equipped a Balder Shield +12, Gwyndolin's hat, painting guardian torso +0 and gloves +0, xanthous legs +5, bellowing dragoncrest ring. I did summon witch beatrice, but she didn't do that much. I pretty much just blocked their attacks, circled behind them, and combustioned them. They go down in like 3 or 4 great combustions this way. In NG with ascended +5 flame, that is.

    The rules do state 'no shield', but you can just as easily dodge them, or equip full havels and tank them happy
    ...Dear god, woman. o_o... You have more balls than I do.


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Rynn on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 pm

    Shindori wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Shindori wrote:I say use a pyromancer and use the pyro hand on the left hand, the weapon you star with on the right, and just bump up attunement and reinforce the weapon. good luck with 4 kings though.

    4 kings isn't that hard. Killed em on my SL1 on my second try. I equipped a Balder Shield +12, Gwyndolin's hat, painting guardian torso +0 and gloves +0, xanthous legs +5, bellowing dragoncrest ring. I did summon witch beatrice, but she didn't do that much. I pretty much just blocked their attacks, circled behind them, and combustioned them. They go down in like 3 or 4 great combustions this way. In NG with ascended +5 flame, that is.

    The rules do state 'no shield', but you can just as easily dodge them, or equip full havels and tank them happy
    ...Dear god, woman. o_o... You have more balls than I do.
    For all eternity, whenever someone claims someone has balls for a boss fight encounter, I can and WILL remind you of the fact that I've killed every single in-game boss by throwing firebombs at them.
    avatar
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 490
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-03-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Elifia on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:20 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    For all eternity, whenever someone claims someone has balls for a boss fight encounter, I can and WILL remind you of the fact that I've killed every single in-game boss by throwing firebombs at them.
    Sounds like fun. Even Quelaag though? Also, at what SL, because I don't think it's really that hard if you have enough hp, defense and strength (firebombs scale with strength, according to the wiki). Then 4 kings would probably be the hardest, because it's the only dps race.


    _________________
    PSN: Elifia, Elifialt
    I'm back from being gone!
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm

    Would Quelaag's furysword would break the rules? It does have a fire effect.


    _________________
    avatar
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 353
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-10-20

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Infighter on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 pm

    Spoiler:


    _________________
    Strength Above All



    http://www.youtube.com/user/infighter771
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Rynn on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:29 pm

    Elifia wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    For all eternity, whenever someone claims someone has balls for a boss fight encounter, I can and WILL remind you of the fact that I've killed every single in-game boss by throwing firebombs at them.
    Sounds like fun. Even Quelaag though? Also, at what SL, because I don't think it's really that hard if you have enough hp, defense and strength (firebombs scale with strength, according to the wiki). Then 4 kings would probably be the hardest, because it's the only dps race.
    At the end of the entire game, we had a level 46 character.
    NOTHING increases the power of items, not strength, dex, power within, dragon roar, red tearstone ring, etc.
    avatar
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 490
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2013-03-15
    Age : 24

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Elifia on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    For all eternity, whenever someone claims someone has balls for a boss fight encounter, I can and WILL remind you of the fact that I've killed every single in-game boss by throwing firebombs at them.
    Sounds like fun. Even Quelaag though? Also, at what SL, because I don't think it's really that hard if you have enough hp, defense and strength (firebombs scale with strength, according to the wiki). Then 4 kings would probably be the hardest, because it's the only dps race.
    At the end of the entire game, we had a level 46 character.
    NOTHING increases the power of items, not strength, dex, power within, dragon roar, red tearstone ring, etc.
    Alright, 2 conflicting sources, so I decided to test it myself, and you are correct. The wiki is wrong. Firebombs did 132 damage on hollow soldiers near firelink, no matter which character I used (1 with 50 str and 1 with 12).


    _________________
    PSN: Elifia, Elifialt
    I'm back from being gone!
    avatar
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 35
    Join date : 2012-02-06
    Age : 27
    Location : New Londo

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Shindori on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:06 pm

    .... ._. -cuddles up to sunlight spear miracle.- I feel weak.. T^T


    _________________
    ShindoriH on GFWL, shindori on Steam.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Rynn on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:08 am

    Elifia wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    For all eternity, whenever someone claims someone has balls for a boss fight encounter, I can and WILL remind you of the fact that I've killed every single in-game boss by throwing firebombs at them.
    Sounds like fun. Even Quelaag though? Also, at what SL, because I don't think it's really that hard if you have enough hp, defense and strength (firebombs scale with strength, according to the wiki). Then 4 kings would probably be the hardest, because it's the only dps race.
    At the end of the entire game, we had a level 46 character.
    NOTHING increases the power of items, not strength, dex, power within, dragon roar, red tearstone ring, etc.
    Alright, 2 conflicting sources, so I decided to test it myself, and you are correct. The wiki is wrong. Firebombs did 132 damage on hollow soldiers near firelink, no matter which character I used (1 with 50 str and 1 with 12).
    I was very upset when I discovered the wiki was wrong. I don't think this is something that prior to my run was ever tested, because I've read at least twenty times before that power within, or red tearstone ring, would effect items, but nothing is capable of increasing their damage except for getting counter damage (which daggers are effected by the leo ring) and "headshots" on bosses that take extra damage in particular spots.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pyromancy Only Run

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm