Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WandererReece
Odinbear
reim0027
Hue
skarekrow13
Micha369
10 posters

painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons Empty painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons

Post by Micha369 Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 pm

hello folks,

now I'm in the painted world of ariamis. I stumbled into it without the proper preparations of course.
    Not enough anti dots and not enough distance ammo. I remenbered these crow demons not that strong as they are now!
    What is a good weapon against them? I usually use the Falchion with lightening. But I'm little disappointed of the sharpness/effectiveness. I need too many hits to kill them.
    In my first walkthrough I had an axe that was much better!

thx for your advice

best wishes
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons Empty Re: painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Anything high bleed is great. Like the Great Scythe or even better the Lifehunt if you have it
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons Empty Re: painted world of ariamis: how to deal with the crow demons

Post by Hue Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Anything high bleed is great. Like the Great Scythe or even better the Lifehunt if you have it

I doubt he would stay in the painted world if he had the lifehunt scythe...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Didn't he say this was his second time there?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Running and a lot of endurance. You can easily speed run that level, get back to Anor and re-prepare.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:54 am

Only to be more precise:

This walkthrough it is my first time being here. So I cannot get back at the moment.
    Last walkthrough I was here with more anti dots (because I leveled up my char a lot in dark wood garden that resulted in a lot of anti dots).
    So I will try to combat the fire mutants with my few soul arrows and the crow demons like knights circling araund them and hit.

btw:
    How does back stabbing work? I dont know how to control this!

I try to circle behind my enemy and then what? I check that my shield in not up and then witch putton to press?

EDIT:
    What I really always hate here in the painted world are the skeleton wheels! There is no real recipe for these pain in the a..

I block, of course, but they continue rotating and subtracting my condi and health until I die.

In the catacombs you can make usage of the big rock walls and can let them run riot perpendicular to the walls but here in the small aisles it is often impossible. No dodge possible either.
    I real hate them! I have tried Havels amor but it is not as good as hoped either!
    Any hints?

thx a lot!
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:37 am

Micha369 wrote:Only to be more precise:

btw:
    How does back stabbing work? I dont know how to control this!

I try to circle behind my enemy and then what? I check that my shield in not up and then witch putton to press?

EDIT:
    What I really always hate here in the painted world are the skeleton wheels! There is no real recipe for these pain in the a..
    I block, of course, but they continue rotating and subtracting my condi and health until I die.

Any hints?

thx a lot!

Circle round, R1. (BACKSTAB). Do it fast and it just snaps into place. (like everyone says, that window is rather large)

On the bonewheel skellies... Alone, you just gotta learn where they are, and go slow, very slow. Use the environment. Stamina regen is crucial so, shield down every second you get a chance.

Easier to summon a phantom to help, a good helper and the bone wheelies drop like flies.
    Don't forget , you can drop your White Soap Stone and get summoned into someone else's game for some Risk Free practice. ( also while summoned in you can take chances parrying, too)
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am

The Harpies have one weakness. They can't fly lol! It's easy to make the ones guarding the ember fall to their death. The ones in the tower are a little harder to kill that way.

Backstabs is just stabing people in the back. Also, to do a backstab you only have to be slightly past the shoulder, so it's a little easier to do a backstab then you think.

To deal with bonewheels go slow through the room. When you see one rolling quickly dodge out of the way and chase after it. That's the best way to deal with them.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:01 pm

With the Sleeping Dragoncrest ring + Hidden body spell you can literally sneak past every crow without them seeing you unless you actually bump into them.

*Note that it has to be the hidden body SPELL and not ring of fog otherwise they'll still see you.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm

You can actually get to the boss without fighting them, if I recall, as long as you're careful. Bleed helps against the crows but their jump attack can screw you hard.

For now, focus on getting down to where the phalanx are, then you can run to the big set of doors and get them open. You mentioned you got to the bonewheels, so I'm guessing you've already done that, or are able to do that. Following that, once you manage to open the door to Priscilla you can then get to her without too much hassle (just run past the phalanx) and then leave the world safely, to retool yourself up and come back with a vengeance!

But yeah, divine and bleed hurts crows. Just try to take them one at a time, and even try luring them with a bow if that helps. Be careful with stamina and learn to recognise the tell they do before trying to leap on your head and eat your brains.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 am

If you're really having an absurdly hard time, watch Vageta311's video on shortcuts and use the two shortcuts to get out of there in record time.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am

Hello folks,

thanks for your help, I have done this Painted World! I still have to grasp the back stabbing thing, though! After opening that big gate it was a very nice farming place with all the phalanx. Crow Demons are welcome too as long as they come one at a time.
    Maybe I should return to the Painted World with my newly acquired Quelaags Furysword
    lol!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

Make sure you keep 10 Humanity for that Q's Furysword.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 pm