Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Myztyrio
Nybbles
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Saturday-Saint
mugenis4real
Dutchy
11 posters

Resistance actually a worthwhile stat?

Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Resistance actually a worthwhile stat? Empty Resistance actually a worthwhile stat?

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:51 am

I was just number crunching with my from the grave build for a little and I noticed that increasing my resistance increased my defense by a fair bit. I know it does this but the numbers it increased by were pretty big considering. Could this actually be a feasible use of Stat points? My Death is supposed to be an iron wall, I think with resistance and Vit, heavy armor, it could be just that. What do you guys think of the resistance stat?
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Resistance actually a worthwhile stat? Empty Re: Resistance actually a worthwhile stat?

Post by mugenis4real Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:00 am

Having 99 Humanity maxes out your resistance without having to invest any points into the actual Stat. Bow
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Resistance actually a worthwhile stat? Empty Re: Resistance actually a worthwhile stat?

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 am

No because Resistance has diminishing returns based on your soul level and humanity counter, which makes it completely useless. If it gave you +3 on every defense for every level all the way up to 99 regardless of your SL, it would MAYBE be okay kind of. Maybe.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 am

Not quite, with my character at 99 humanity and various armours has 358.4 defense rating for physical, when 30 resistance is reached, it is 372.4, I know it's only 14 defense but still silly Could be worth a look, a full on wall build, slow walk, heavy armour SL 120 Duels, (Otherwise you would get cut the hell up in invasions)
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:40 am

I see your point, just tried it then. I guess there really is no use for this stat at all. Maybe low SL, but the boost would hardly be worth it
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

I think of it like this, Humanity, while not as "good" as Resistance is a free addition to my build. So I'll take the lesser defenses in favor of being able to get a lot more from my build elsewhere from things that Humanity cannot provide.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 am

That's a good way of looking at it
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:15 am

Better way to think of it: for every point of defense that Resistance gives you, you can get like 10 to 15 points of health from vitality. That is without health boosting items and assuming you are increasing your health past 50. That is way better survivability per stat point.

+30 resistance = +14 defense. Cool.
    +30 vitality (from 50) = +258 HP with no health-boosting items. Way better bang for your buck.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 am

Do we knoe the defense to health ratio? That could help in determining it a bit better.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:49 am

You mean how much health is worth 1 point of defense? It depends on how much defense you have and how much AR is coming your way.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 am

Uggh. Maths. I'm just gonna go with vit silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Resistance is like the Luck stat in DeS. Completely worthless.

Wait, Luck wasn't completely worthless. It was required for a BBS build (and a proper BBS build was lethal).

I take that back. Resistance is worthless when it comes to return on investment.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:01 pm

TBH, Luck is only bad if you're trying to min-max a PvP build. Resistance is objectively a bad investment unless you have 50 attunement and 99 in every other stat.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:26 pm

don't waste the points in resistance. resistance looses its value pretty quickly as you level up, each point you invest becomes worth less and less as you increase in level and humanity.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I guess what it really comes down to is how much humanity you think you will tend to have in your counter.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

try this well stats wise anyway (choose your own weapons and armor) but ofcourse this will either have to be a dedicated build to dex or str with 40 points put into res. Ofcourse if your a dex person then its honestly worth a try because tbh, i dont think anybody seriously sat down and actually gave res a shot in pvp. It has a hidden buff in pve so why not pvp?

That reminds me. After the last patch there was an update rumored around the res stat having a change for pvp... maybe for the better?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 pm

T-King-667 wrote:That reminds me. After the last patch there was an update rumored around the res stat having a change for pvp... maybe for the better?

It always gave more defense per level than any other stat, I think what the patch did was actually increase the amount of defense per level it gave to make it seem more appealing. People still go with Vitality :|
    IIdoneus
    IIdoneus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Here but there. In all places, yet only a few locations.

Post by IIdoneus Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 am

What if you were someone who was using the dragon stones? Is resistance good then?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am

Better. Probably would have been more worthwhile in a world where elementals still did something useful in PvP

Now...
    FlorisFreakshow
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:48 am

Testing now...
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Yeah im gonna finish off my build and give it a true test.
    This (note: i forgot to add a dex to that build thats why the damage is low <---) will be compared to this.

We know for a fact that res gives you an extra boost to both flame resistance and physical resistance more than any other stat, as well as the fact that its the only class that gives a defense against poison/toxic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am