Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
lordgodofhell
xB_WEEZYx
bob90
Murdeaulio
will-yeah-buddy
vatar5
XuitusTheGreat
Poozila
Jodecho
gmwdim
Mobfather187
FlorisFreakshow
The Letter X
Hugh_G_Johnson
dianaduh
Avenger649
reim0027
RANT
wolfboy
sure-magicians
jaythibodeau
GrinTwist
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rifter7
VaDoom
Sentiel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Juutas
Pallash
33 posters

Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow?

Poll

Are you playing honorable in duells?

[ 28 ]
    Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [40%] 

Total Votes: 47
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow?

Post by Jodecho Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

i voted F#&K HONOR! but honestly its all situationally dependent. 90% of the time im play a Darkwraith so im invading, my sole purpose is to kill the host. if its a 1v1 i may not bow, i usually wave or shrug, but that depends on the host. if they charge in im not gonna bow like a moron. weather i charge when (and if) they bow all depends on what kinda mood im in. if its an unfair fight from the start you can forget the formalities.
    Poozila
    Poozila

Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Got honor or did you become a hungry hollow?

Post by Poozila Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 am

I'm not really into the whole honor thing ,but I haven't gone full hollow mode either. I'd say I'm somewhere around the middle. I usually just play according to my own rules for the sole purpose of trying to make myself a better player.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:59 am

idk after spending all my time in the forest and oolacile township I've stopped bowing even if the person bows. Unless I am meeting up for a specific reason with a specific group for pvp fun I'm not gonna bow to anyone no matter where it is.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Honor 4ever

Except if I'm dark moon,people hates us... sad
    will-yeah-buddy
    will-yeah-buddy

Post by will-yeah-buddy Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Bow most of the time, paid for it a couple times too
    Murdeaulio
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Murdeaulio Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Sometimes people bow, cast WoG 6 times in a row, then fish for backstabs, and here I am thinking... why did you even bother bowing if that's how you're gonna fight?

And this was a rss Burg duel
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

yea bowing became a sort of tradition with no real meaning to it anymore

bows are only for real used anymore in duels with friends to signify "im ready"
    bob90
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bob90 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello guys im just an unkown player but with lot experience in dark souls i have read all of ur stuff and let me say this to you guys. First place of evil is forest second is Oolacile town. The rest is not so bad. So on those places dont bow cuz they gona heal or backstab you anyway not all but many many of them.except u feel like now i do a bow cuz it looks like tht person is cool.dont get mad about backstabs its a part of the game but u donot have to bow if they never had respect. I got bsed so many times that i ask my self" if that guy can bs me like that good why cant i also"? So i began to study the way of bs i learned from videos on youtube from guys tht know about their business. Guess what happen in awhile .you bs me?no i bs you also! I became good in tht and bsed those "bsers"got confident and that felt pretty good.so learn about that bs and u can protect urself from this terrible players more.the other importand thing is to know atleast alittle about parry.if u would know to parry believe me the game gets way more easy pve or pvp against good or bad players gankers and jackers ull be much more in advantage.i lost many fights to good players ,to gankers and even noobs. But i also have beaten good players and i beaten gankers most of them cant play(noobs) but some are good players but jackasses. but i still could win sometimes.because It is dark souls.
    bob90
    bob90
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bob90 Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 pm

i forgot to add: btw i voted for the second choice, but only because i cant select both. everyone should select both choices. because you cant say i follow my honor code and bow even if they gank me burn me beat me up and laugh about my dead body. ur not serious with urself if you think like that,you do not have to let yourself beaten like that. you got ur own proud.and with time you gona see that there is too much hate and no respect that you will ask youself one day is it worth it what im doing? so wake up and give to evil no mercy and to the good ones give a bow and a good fight. (sry for the long story lol diddnt wanna spam bounce )
    xB_WEEZYx
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xB_WEEZYx Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Coffee!
    i had to vote the second choice for the simple fact that you can't expect EVERYONE to know the unwritten honor laws of DS and besides it all depends on how i feel at the time lol sometimes i just feel like ruining peoples day
    the only place that i would say I'm honorable in is the burg or the kiln.. sometimes

but the the forest is like HELL for everyone plus as a darkwraith it is my duty to piss people off, otherwise id drop a RSS and be summoned for a duel
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 pm

I get gankers bowing to me. I get flaskers bowing to me. I get bowing in 1v1s and then the crappiest match ever after often times. Running, DC'ing etc.

In my vast time with Dark Souls pvp, bowing has become a novelty with no effective meaning for the meta. However it still may feel "right" for you to do.

I tend to never bow before a random invasion and always bow before an arranged duel. I definitely bow more so after the match is over.
    Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:03 pm

I play what ever way I feel like at the moment it's a game after all, I'm not in the "Honor Brigade" nor am I a GANK-ster.

I do believe that hacking is the worst thing you can do in any game, I have no problem with Gankers I pvp in The Forest so I always expect it, but the thing I hate almost as much as hackers are the "Honor Brigade" people that send me nasty messages for not bowing saying I have no honor there for that's a reflection on how I am in real life, I also don't see how those people think that just because I back stab in a game apparently that means I back stab people in real life I'll never understand those people.

I play games to have fun and will do so by any means necessary outside of hacking and glitching, if that means I use a family mask or CMW or I simply troll someone it is all done so that I can have fun does this mean I don't have "Honor" Duels? No because I do, I just think some people in this community take this game way to seriously.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Umm... I seem to remember last time 'honour' was discussed at length it got really out of control and needed Admin intervention.

Please guys don't let it get to that again, as an early reminder. It's been civil so far but, as anyone who was around then will know, it got ridiculous.

Anyways, my case and point is I prefer honour. bow, buffs, duel. I'm fine with BS, though i don't use BS a lot, it's just a bit of a fight ruiner in a duel if people just fish for it. I have admittedly ganked once upon a time but haven't since my first month playing the game, being a naive and nooby player.

I always try to bow, and if the guy chooses to attack me then he's a bit of a douche, but I guess people play by different rules, and if a guy likes wrecking other people's fun then good for him
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 pm

As a Forest Hunter no, no honor for you. Stay out of the forest. Uninvited Darkwraiths I must inform you it is my sworn duty to mess with you as much as possible. The Marquis of Queens bury is dead. Darkmoons, I earned your attention killing gankers in our Forest so come and get me.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 am

i almost never bow before a fight, i'll let them finish bowing or whatever but i have no interest in it. depending on how the fight went i'll dispense the appropriate gesture, though it just usually ends up being Point Up most of the time.

this is also coming from a forest hunter, so i've grown a bit cold when it comes to honor. honor is subjective, every person has THEIR idea of what's right or wrong so it's silly to try to guess theirs in the middle of a fight.

you also have to learn not to take anything personally...a lesson i wish more people would learn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:44 pm